Introducing the THP Tech Studio

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have had some sneak peeks and even done a live stream from the new THP Tech Studio. Yet we wanted to take a few minutes and give you a tour of the entire space and show off what it might mean for content in the future.

Below, Dan walks you through each area quickly and gives a taste of what it is all about including some hidden areas behind the screen that make for some fun.

Watch the video above and then let us know what you want to see and your favorite part. The THP Tech Studio is less about us telling you what to play, and more about us testing and analyzing what you want information on.

Continue reading...

Picking a favorite wall or area is tough to come by...but since it was requested I really interested in the putter & driver section.

The THP Tech studio is going to unleash some really unique content I foresee!!! Looks great!

This is easy. I could spend at least a couple weeks testing those three Mavrik driver heads and 10,000 shafts on the GC quad equipped simulator. I often wondered why you did not have a Simulator in Florida.

AMAZING SETUP JB!!!!

Tagging this. I hate not being able to watch video at work.:mad:

Beautiful and envy come to mind. I’m a work area fanatic so I really like that wall. The entire space seems like fun so I don’t think there is a bad choice. If you could package it up and sell em as a package you’d have many buyers. Great job with the space.

What a great playroom! So many toys. All the product is fantastic. But the wall for regripping, reshafting and other club work is straight fire to me.

Well done Dan! Great setup. Love all the product, machines, and the bar! You seem to have it all in the Tech Studio!

• Admin
Can you show the difference in the flight of shafts in the same line but different profiles.
(Ex. Graffaloy Blue vs Platinum vs Red)

What is the painters tape on the switch for on wall #1?

What are you using to hold the driver shafts on wall #4?

Can you show the difference in the flight of shafts in the same line but different profiles.
(Ex. Graffaloy Blue vs Platinum vs Red)

What is the painters tape on the switch for on wall #1?

What are you using to hold the driver shafts on wall #4?

1: We will have a lot of things like that in the coming future for sure.

2: Electricians are working still as you can see by visible cords (they will all be hidden), they put that there

3: We had a custom item made by a fabricator.

I’ve been doing fireplaces wrong all these years...

Beautiful setup! Cant wait to see the putting green and all the other toys you are working with. Is there a THP brand wine behind the bar?

Best part is that University of Kentucky logo on the JB Holmes stool! Very cool space.

Every golfers dream right there in the studio. Gotta pick the Pac Man wall as favorite.

Any thoughts of having a demo/show day on different building clubs ideas. For example, what it means to “bend” a club and the effects? How to change out a shaft? Etc

On a side note, I know how messy my desk is daily, boy with all that fun stuff around, it wouldn’t take long before I needed a cleaning crew to come in and put everything back.

Nice set up!
Kinda looks like Mark Crossfield's set up with some add-ons.

I’ve been doing fireplaces wrong all these years...

I thought it was at first too. Actually the wall was built for an old style rear projection TV. The plan originally was to close it in, but it fits golf balls so perfectly.

Any thoughts of having a demo/show day on different building clubs ideas. For example, what it means to “bend” a club and the effects? How to change out a shaft? Etc

Absolutely, but to be fair, we have a lot of that stuff on THP TV currently, including a very popular "Changing a Shaft Adapter" video that @Canadan as well as a few about Swing Weight and other things that @Jman did from our previous Club Lab.

Lots of fun stuff coming, and as always, it is about what you guys want.

Nice set up!
Kinda looks like Mark Crossfield's set up with some add-ons.

I have honestly never seen that, but he must have good taste :)

That is just phenomenal!

Looks absolutely like a golfers dream. Just wow. Favorite part outside of the Sim setup is the shaft wall. Love seeing all those shafts displayed like that rather than in a bag and out of sight. I'd love to see a thorough ball testing off the same driver and how spin rates change because of the ball. Having hit many different balls this year and seeing differences was very interesting to me.

OMG Pac-Man machine, that's awesome!

"How about a game of Pac-Man?" :ROFLMAO:

Cool setup. Very envious.

@JB , looking back when you first started this site, did you ever think it would lead to this and what's still to come? I think that is honestly my favorite part. Knowing that a guy with such a passion for the industry has turned it into a thriving online community with partners and friendships to grow the game to such a broad audience. I look forward to what you have planned with the tech studio, and all the adventures you and the staff will bring us on.

@JB , looking back when you first started this site, did you ever think it would lead to this and what's still to come? I think that is honestly my favorite part. Knowing that a guy with such a passion for the industry has turned it into a thriving online community with partners and friendships to grow the game to such a broad audience. I look forward to what you have planned with the tech studio, and all the adventures you and the staff will bring us on.

Did I think this part? No. But most of my craziness is pretty spontaneous and "scary" as @GolferGal can attest to. With that said, I had some pretty specific goals in mind and a vision on how to get there. It was not going to be for everybody, nothing ever is, but I had a transparency plan in mind from the get go. But if you asked me 12 years ago if we would have personally purchased two RVs, moved to TN, built a tech studio, etc, I would have just laughed.

I got to do it all with my best friend and a community here that is very special, and do so in an industry filled with 95% genuinely good people.

Back