Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

Good eyes, and agreed. He seems to do a nice job ensuring he has some forgiveness in his setup. I see a couple of nice headcovers strategically left on?
Those are non Srixon clubs. Think he uses TM 3w & 5W. Doesn’t want to skew his message.

I really like the ZX5 irons in this launch.

yeah i really really want to try the ZX5's!

For real though, add in the pics of the drivers and Cleveland/Srixon is playing for a hostile takeover of my bag 👀

For real though, add in the pics of the drivers and Cleveland/Srixon is playing for a hostile takeover of my bag 👀

I saw the drivers in hand but did not get to hit them. The internal tech they are running with is super super curious.. As I understand it, and I could be wrong it is a bit of a throw back tech in a form similar to a dual face driver. I mentioned to the rep the KZG gemini driver from years ago and he said it was a decent comparison but that this has like 4 different chambers in it to rebound the force...

You know what else I like??

1599756293997.png

I’m planning on putting a utility in the bag next season and this has to be the one to beat.

Looks wise it is for sure a front runner. Will have to see the performance numbers but I cant think they will be bad..

I’m guessing Srixon has more 2019 inventory than Mizuno did to burn off but it sure seems Mizuno taking orders for the JPX 921s at the end of the month is a huge gut-punch to Srixon as they compete for the forged players and forged players distance/game improvement markets....

I stand corrected...

I hit the Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pros tonight, and it’s a miss that this Srixon line isn’t launching in the US sooner... The Mizuno line is so good, that buyers might not wait to see what Srixon has coming to pull the trigger on a purchase.

I’m sorry...

I was lucky enough to get a fitting at 1 of only 4 pre release fitting days in the UK last night.
First up the fitter was great, no BS, not pushing a sale at any point and that gets me on side very quickly.

I currently game Taylormade PSI which I've had 5.5 years. C taper 105 stiff shaft standard loft lie and length, only change being Golf Pride MCC +4. I would class my iron game as decent and a strength although I don't not have time for change of technique. I always start by saying fit me as my swing is now because I won't change.

In the UK I'm an 8.7 hcp and been trending the right way since lockdown.

So the fitter had me hit 5 shots with my PSI and I averaged,

114 mph ball
157 carry
24 launch
7000 spin

The fitter then asked what I wanted out of the fit, I asked for lower launch (I struggle into the wind) and spin but other than that I'm easy.

We first tried ZX5 and straight away I was wanting good numbers as the look is great, the feel is fantastic and the ball flight looked better. Shaft was Modus 120 stiff, numbers improved but not enough where I'd give up the pride and joy of the golf bag!!!

We then tried modus 130 stiff which I didn't like, just felt heavy (pretty obvious), then DG S300 which I also didn't like the feel of.

Next was when the fit started to brighten up, modus 105 x, I started to see gains in the right areas.

118 mph
164 carry
20 launch
6700 spin

The fitter grabbed my PSI and asked my to hit 5 more, similar results to first round then I hit 8 more with the ZX5, all within 4 yards back to front and 12 yards right to left with the same numbers as before. All I can say is I need a very awkward convo with the Mrs later today about what I'd like to spend some money on 🤣

Set make up 5-pw ZX5
Modus 105 X
1/4" short
Standard lie and loft
Golf pride plus 4 red and black

A 3/4 ZX-U at a later date will be fit.

Get out and check these out I was very impressed

I stand corrected...

I hit the Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pros tonight, and it’s a miss that this Srixon line isn’t launching in the US sooner... The Mizuno line is so good, that buyers might not wait to see what Srixon has coming to pull the trigger on a purchase.

I’m sorry...

I agree a bit with this. Releasing in Jan along with the other big guns Callaway, Taylormade, and Ping will make it a bit tougher for Srixon to shine. No matter how stellar their product is.

I was lucky enough to get a fitting at 1 of only 4 pre release fitting days in the UK last night.
First up the fitter was great, no BS, not pushing a sale at any point and that gets me on side very quickly.

I currently game Taylormade PSI which I've had 5.5 years. C taper 105 stiff shaft standard loft lie and length, only change being Golf Pride MCC +4. I would class my iron game as decent and a strength although I don't not have time for change of technique. I always start by saying fit me as my swing is now because I won't change.

114 mph ball
157 carry
24 launch
7000 spin

The fitter then asked what I wanted out of the fit, I asked for lower launch (I struggle into the wind) and spin but other than that I'm easy.

We first tried ZX5 and straight away I was wanting good numbers as the look is great, the feel is fantastic and the ball flight looked better. Shaft was Modus 120 stiff, numbers improved but not enough where I'd give up the pride and joy of the golf bag!!!

We then tried modus 130 stiff which I didn't like, just felt heavy (pretty obvious), then DG S300 which I also didn't like the feel of.

Next was when the fit started to brighten up, modus 105 x, I started to see gains in the right areas.

118 mph
164 carry
20 launch
6700 spin

The fitter grabbed my PSI and asked my to hit 5 more, similar results to first round then I hit 8 more with the ZX5, all within 4 yards back to front and 12 yards right to left with the same numbers as before. All I can say is I need a very awkward convo with the Mrs later today about what I'd like to spend some money on 🤣

Set make up 5-pw ZX5
Modus 105 X
1/4" short
Standard lie and loft

awesome feedback! did you spend any time with previous 5 series? 545, 565 and/or 585? did you hit the zx7?

114 mph ball
157 carry
24 launch
7000 spin

118 mph
164 carry
20 launch
6700 spin

Set make up 5-pw ZX5
Modus 105 X
1/4" short
Standard lie and loft

If I was to change, I would be waiting for the blades before going out and trying them as I have the Z785 and Z-Forged in my bag at the moment

Also have that same Modus 105 X shaft in my irons and it is a great combo for me

If I was to change, I would be waiting for the blades before going out and trying them as I have the Z785 and Z-Forged in my bag at the moment

Also have that same Modus 105 X shaft in my irons and it is a great combo for me

I am the same. I am going to hold out till I see the blade. I have heard that it is going to be very similar to the Z945.

Not sure what it is but I just can't get excited about a Srixon iron. I've always like the brand but their irons just never seem to outshine any others for me.

114 mph ball
157 carry
24 launch
7000 spin

118 mph
164 carry
20 launch
6700 spin

Set make up 5-pw ZX5
Modus 105 X
1/4" short
Standard lie and loft

I don't suppose you have had a chance to hit the new Mizuno offerings? I would like to see how they compare, because I am going to be choosing between the ZX5 and the 921 Forged, but I don't want to wait until January.

My Hogan’s and Miura’s are SHAKING in their boots about the 7’s when they finally drop.

114 mph ball
157 carry
24 launch
7000 spin

118 mph
164 carry
20 launch
6700 spin

Set make up 5-pw ZX5
Modus 105 X
1/4" short
Standard lie and loft

This is a great post, thank you for this! (y)

awesome feedback! did you spend any time with previous 5 series? 545, 565 and/or 585? did you hit the zx7?

No first Srixon and didn't try the 7 but it looks really tidy!!

Back