The Official Banter Away Thread

I have benn putting off the master bathroom rebuild for 2 years, but it is going to happen in Sept. unless I can find a real good excuse to stall again. It is going to be a pain and since I figure a solid week it will of course take 3 weeks and 27 trips to home depot.

You do realize it's October?

Did you know there are approximately 14 million nails in a 14x18 foot deck?

Be glad they aren't screws.
Too true!!! Helped my Dad do his deck a few years ago and the upper half was nails and the lower half was screws. Talk about an unpleasant mid-project surprise!

I have found that the square drive screws are the best and hardly ever strip out and last for a long time (in florida) and do not back out requiring rehitting those 14 million nails.

I have benn putting off the master bathroom rebuild for 2 years, but it is going to happen in Sept. unless I can find a real good excuse to stall again. It is going to be a pain and since I figure a solid week it will of course take 3 weeks and 27 trips to home depot.
Last September? That seems like a pretty good stall tactic.

Last September? That seems like a pretty good stall tactic.
Well my addled brain meant to type Nov. But instead typed Sept. I blame rum and lack of sleep.
Or it was actually working properly and knows I don't want till do until next year.

Well my addled brain meant to type Nov. But instead typed Sept. I blame rum and lack of sleep.
Or it was actually working properly and knows I don't want till do until next year.

See: Freudian slip.

And this makes post 25,000 for me!!! Thanks THP for such a great place to discuss all things golf. Love it here.

And this makes post 25,000 for me!!! Thanks THP for such a great place to discuss all things golf. Love it here.

Have a drink on me!

In the airport on the way back from the D.R. as a whole I would say the people here are much more cautious about the Covid than those in my home town. Everyone you see out and about has a mask on, sanitizer stations all over and inside there is separation and mask wearing.

I have been traveling over here for years and it really seems there has been an effort to clean things up, now the poorer places are still poor, but even in those places just about everyone you see has a mask on.

Coming over I was a bit apprehensive but not anymore.

My wife just lit a Penny Candle Co “Hideaway” candle. If she knew I bought it as a “golf” purchase she probably would not enjoy it as much.

i need a hat to wear to the range that says “No Swing Tips Please”

two older members at my club, neither of whom could get the ball out of their own shadow, interrupted me to give me unsolicited swing advice. who does this???

I LOVE THP Experience Live Update Threads.

My gawd they are so much fun.

I LOVE THP Experience Live Update Threads.

My gawd they are so much fun.
They definitely fill the void of no golf weekends! So much fun linking faces to names and giving each a personality.

They definitely fill the void of no golf weekends! So much fun linking faces to names and giving each a personality.

Thats another really fun benefit. Today’s live thread should be AWESOME!

I had no idea golf travel required so much. Now that I have it I will travel more. All set for my Thursday departure to Arizona.

When over the weekend your boss says hes coming to town Wednesday morning and says to get a tee time at my club for 1:30........thats a big yes sir!

someone remind me. which level of hell in dante's inferno was reserved for removing double-sided grip tape? i about punched a hole in the wall f-ing with that stuff yesterday.

someone remind me. which level of hell in dante's inferno was reserved for removing double-sided grip tape? i about punched a hole in the wall f-ing with that stuff yesterday.
2 words... heat gun!

My wife just lit a Penny Candle Co “Hideaway” candle. If she knew I bought it as a “golf” purchase she probably would not enjoy it as much.
Haha very nice! The number of Penny Candles I have in my house is insane. She makes some great stuff and they burn frequently

Back