Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

I played 18 today and had 33 putts. Two three putts on the front nine. Five one putts. I really feel incredibly confident lining up putts with the 10.5. I could not say that with my Tommy Armour. I think the slightly shorter 33” shaft and the jumbo grip are big contributors to my better alignment. Now I am no longer nervous over 3-5 foot putts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I continue to be impressed by this putter in both looks and feel. For a long time I was convinced that a slight toe hang putter was best for my game but something about this center shaft seems to work pretty well for me. I have noticed a slight tendency to pull putts on occasion with the face balanced putter but when I make a good stroke I just love seeing that ball line roll end over end and not all wobbly. Do I make everything I look at? Absolutely not, LOL not even close BUT what I do see is really good roll and most of the time distance control is pretty good. I think I am going to commit and say I will be using this putter at the Morgan Cup this weekend :oops:

I am feeling so much more confident with my 11! This little fella has absolutely blown me away! I will admit, I was a little apprehensive in the beginning but, now, I am definitely going to game this bad mutha! Well, until it starts acting up. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I am starting to come around more on the grip. I am probably going to repaint the sight line. That is the only thing I have issues with. It's just too dark. If it doesn't work after I change it, I'll change it back. I'm not feeling the black line on it. My son said I should change the paint to green because that's my favorite color. Playing again this weekend and feel like I'll be taking some cash from the jackwagons this time around. Well, make at least get my money back. Just have to keep the ball on the fairway before I even get to the green....fingers crossed...

Just got an email that says my #4 is on the truck out for delivery by 7pm tonight. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

Finally got around to rubbing this down with a little bit of oil (Hoppes #9) on a cloth and can confirm that any discoloration I saw before is now gone. Willing to bet just a regular rod & reel cloth would have worked as well. At least two rounds this weekend. Looking forward to getting some more time with this putter.

Finally got around to rubbing this down with a little bit of oil (Hoppes #9) on a cloth and can confirm that any discoloration I saw before is now gone. Willing to bet just a regular rod & reel cloth would have worked as well. At least two rounds this weekend. Looking forward to getting some more time with this putter.

I also notice a bit of discoloration on mine (nothing I'm bent out of shape about, but I'd like to clean up if possible). You can see it in pic #3 below. Can you please confirm this is what you used?

One thing I will say is I did not love the grip. I rolled 150 putts last night and regripped it with a simple Winn grip -- the oversized style is just not for me. Other than that I am in LOVE with this putter. It is so responsive, I love the feedback you get from it. I am hoping to get this out on the course this weekend but I am plenty excited just to roll balls in my basement if that's all I end up doing.

20201008_131040.jpg20201008_131126.jpg20201008_131221.jpg

I also notice a bit of discoloration on mine (nothing I'm bent out of shape about, but I'd like to clean up if possible). You can see it in pic #3 below. Can you please confirm this is what you used?

One thing I will say is I did not love the grip. I rolled 150 putts last night and regripped it with a simple Winn grip -- the oversized style is just not for me. Other than that I am in LOVE with this putter. It is so responsive, I love the feedback you get from it. I am hoping to get this out on the course this weekend but I am plenty excited just to roll balls in my basement if that's all I end up doing.

View attachment 8967780View attachment 8967781View attachment 8967782

I used the wipes, but any lubricating gun oil should work. I'm sure there's other options too, that's just what I had on hand. I've used everything from Rem Oil to CLP on putters when cleaning them up. I also wipe the ones with vulnerable finishes (don't think this one will rust) with a rod and reel cloth from time to time.

That looks like what I was seeing, just in a different spot. Glad you're enjoying yours!

I made the commitment and the 10.5c is the only putter I brought this weekend. I haven’t made anything I don’t feel like but distance control has been great. Eventually they have to fall right? Haha.

I made the commitment and the 10.5c is the only putter I brought this weekend. I haven’t made anything I don’t feel like but distance control has been great. Eventually they have to fall right? Haha.
Oh yeah, they are going to fall. You are getting all the missed out of the putter now.

Oh yeah, they are going to fall. You are getting all the missed out of the putter now.
I sure hope so plenty more misses today.:rolleyes: It’s no fault of the putter though still a fantastic flat stick.

I took the #10.5 up to the Lake Tahoe Golf Course today, and had a great day putting. This is a really nice course just outside South Lake Tahoe, not on the lake, but the Upper Truckee River winds through the course, and the views are pretty nice. I haven't played here in about 20 years or so, but the course was as good as ever. The greens were smooth and fast, and I started out getting my speed/distance down really well, but I was missing my lines a bit. By about the 8th hole I was getting dialed in, and the #10.5 was definitely doing it's part. I made a few 12 - 15 footers, and some tough 4 - 6 footers too, my putting was surely the best part of my game.

The Cleveland SOFT face just really works for me, I am so confident with my speed/distance that I can really concentrate on my alignment and line. I still think I do better with the #11 shape, but if I can keep putting the #10.5 like I did today the gap will be pretty insignificant.

A couple of pictures of this great course:

Tahoe_16b.jpg
Tahoe_18b.jpg

I took the #10.5 up to the Lake Tahoe Golf Course today, and had a great day putting. This is a really nice course just outside South Lake Tahoe, not on the lake, but the Upper Truckee River winds through the course, and the views are pretty nice. I haven't played here in about 20 years or so, but the course was as good as ever. The greens were smooth and fast, and I started out getting my speed/distance down really well, but I was missing my lines a bit. By about the 8th hole I was getting dialed in, and the #10.5 was definitely doing it's part. I made a few 12 - 15 footers, and some tough 4 - 6 footers too, my putting was surely the best part of my game.

The Cleveland SOFT face just really works for me, I am so confident with my speed/distance that I can really concentrate on my alignment and line. I still think I do better with the #11 shape, but if I can keep putting the #10.5 like I did today the gap will be pretty insignificant.

A couple of pictures of this great course:

View attachment 8967900
View attachment 8967902

Holy **** that course is beautiful.

I fear the “honeymoon period” with the 10.5 is over. This weekend I missed a lot of short putts that I was making with it the first few weeks. Not blaming the putter. Maybe it’s just old habits coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fear the “honeymoon period” with the 10.5 is over. This weekend I missed a lot of short putts that I was making with it the first few weeks. Not blaming the putter. Maybe it’s just old habits coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It happens to the absolute best of us - I’ve been struggling putting in general but the SOFT has be with good speed control, thankfully. Low stress two putts have been a life saver when not much is falling.

This might be a strange question, but does anyone else with a mallet feel like the sweet spot is a little bit low on the face?

This might be a strange question, but does anyone else with a mallet feel like the sweet spot is a little bit low on the face?
I've got the Premier #10.5, and an HB SOFT #11, and I've never noticed that with either of them. Of course I don't often hit the putter low on the face. :confused2:

I have a Huntington Beach Soft Premier Putter 11S at 33 inches. Quick and simple review: I love the looks but it is just too heavy. Just don't make many putts.

I have a Huntington Beach Soft Premier Putter 11S at 33 inches. Quick and simple review: I love the looks but it is just too heavy. Just don't make many putts.
They are head heavy, I've got to agree with that. I think many will love that, but definitely not all.

The only downside I can see with the Premier and the current Soft release is that the #6 is not part of the lineup. Small mallet with a sight dot. :love:

Oh well, I'm still pondering the Premier 10c or the Frontline Elevado.

The only downside I can see with the Premier and the current Soft release is that the #6 is not part of the lineup. Small mallet with a sight dot. :love:

Oh well, I'm still pondering the Premier 10c or the Frontline Elevado.

Elevado is a very good putter. Can’t go wrong there.

I've been to the practice green with my #4 five times I have been trying to hit ~50 putts on my lunch breaks every day. I think this is going to be a permanent addition to the bag. Hoping to get out this Sunday to give it a spin on the course. I also grabbed a Golf Pride Tour SNSR grip that should be here next Monday.

I've been to the practice green with my #4 five times I have been trying to hit ~50 putts on my lunch breaks every day. I think this is going to be a permanent addition to the bag. Hoping to get out this Sunday to give it a spin on the course. I also grabbed a Golf Pride Tour SNSR grip that should be here next Monday.
Glad to hear the dude abides.

Back