Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

First look at my modified alignment line on the #10.5. This one is temporary, white vinyl sticker, to see if I like it before gong to an actual paint fill. This way if I'm not crazy about this, I can try other colors too.

View attachment 8966094

Well, the white alignment line worked better for me than the stock black line , but it leaves a bit to be desired aesthetically. I've got all kinds of materials to try different colors, here's one with red retro-reflective tape (looks like I need to stick it on a little better), I'll give this a try, and I have all different colors of this stuff if I'm not happy with the red.

Premier-Red.jpg

This putter made the trip with me this weekend for two rounds. One of which I played really well, and the other not so much. The latter having nothing to do with this putter though. After some time, I'm really starting to settle in with this putter. The look, the roll, everything about it is working well for me. It's certainly better at its job than I am at mine when it comes to putting. I'm working on some setup work to get my alignment better, but the #8 has served very well for me so far. Would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a milled alternative to the more expensive options out there.

I have a feeling @KY Golfer will have some thoughts in here soon.

The 10.5 was BACK today. I don’t know if it was me, or the really nice greens at Westridge today. But I felt really confident with the putter today and hit most of the putts I SHOULD HAVE made.

I even used it to basically chip in for par from about 10 yards off the green. Normally I would use a wedge from there but I was not hitting chips that well so I decided to use the putter. It was money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well folks, I was telling @jdtox at The Morgan Cup Friday practice round in Vegas that I was interested in trying the 10.5C. Up until the last year, I have always used Center Shafted putters and it seems very few are made anymore. In an amazing gesture, that completely floored me, he GAVE me his. I suppose he wasn't happy with his putting during the MC, but I'm not sure many were. After going back and forth telling him I wasn't taking it for nothing, I was wrong. So he thinks. More to come on that later.

Anyway, about the Soft Premier 10.5C. Let me preface this by saying I am an insert guy when it comes to my putter, always have been. I've tried several milled putters and have always struggled with feel and speed. I took 10.5C with me to play Wolf Creek on Monday after the Morgan Cup. Wow!!! That has a Monday after The Masters ring to it. I finished the round with 29 putts, not because of missing greens and chipping either. I hit 60% of the greens and most I missed where fringe which I count as putts. This putter felt so good. I never once thought of it as a milled stainless steel putter. Speed and feel where as good as ever. But most importantly for me, those dreaded 5 footers where not an issue. It felt as if I had been using this putter for months. I made 4 birdies, none of which were tap ins. One from 30ft or so. Due to weather I'm not sure how much I'll get to play in the future, but I can't wait to get this putter out on the course again. Hopefully the first round wasn't one of those where everything goes right with a new club. I really don't think it was.

I can't thank Jeremy enough, it still amazes me to this moment. But THP, it's staff and it's members have amazed me from day one. Hopefully I can live up to the same standards. I'm gonna give it everything I've got because this place is truly special.

Well folks, I was telling @jdtox at The Morgan Cup Friday practice round in Vegas that I was interested in trying the 10.5C. Up until the last year, I have always used Center Shafted putters and it seems very few are made anymore. In an amazing gesture, that completely floored me, he GAVE me his. I suppose he wasn't happy with his putting during the MC, but I'm not sure many were. After going back and forth telling him I wasn't taking it for nothing, I was wrong. So he thinks. More to come on that later.

Anyway, about the Soft Premier 10.5C. Let me preface this by saying I am an insert guy when it comes to my putter, always have been. I've tried several milled putters and have always struggled with feel and speed. I took 10.5C with me to play Wolf Creek on Monday after the Morgan Cup. Wow!!! That has a Monday after The Masters ring to it. I finished the round with 29 putts, not because of missing greens and chipping either. I hit 60% of the greens and most I missed where fringe which I count as putts. This putter felt so good. I never once thought of it as a milled stainless steel putter. Speed and feel where as good as ever. But most importantly for me, those dreaded 5 footers where not an issue. It felt as if I had been using this putter for months. I made 4 birdies, none of which were tap ins. One from 30ft or so. Due to weather I'm not sure how much I'll get to play in the future, but I can't wait to get this putter out on the course again. Hopefully the first round wasn't one of those where everything goes right with a new club. I really don't think it was.

I can't thank Jeremy enough, it still amazes me to this moment. But THP, it's staff and it's members have amazed me from day one. Hopefully I can live up to the same standards. I'm gonna give it everything I've got because this place is truly special.

Phenomenal.

I got some practice time in with the 10.5 this morning, and I'm really liking my new red alignment line. My local course has a great practice green, lots of contours on multiple levels, so good practice on uphill, downhill, and big breakers if you want to. My speed /distance control is really getting dialed in, and I credit the SOFT milled face for a lot of that, as my original HB SOFT #11 is the same in that regard. I'm also really getting used to the shape and feel of the #10.5, and not missing the look of the #11 shape as much. I'm seriously pondering putting a Lamkin Sinkfit Pistol grip on the #11 (I might have menbtioned I love this grip on the Premier), and having a final shootout between the two to see which stays in the bag.

Premier_xxx.jpg

After a few more rounds, my Huntington Beach Soft Premier Putter 11S (33") is taking a very long break. I find distance to be my biggest problem. I am not making any putts with it. Darn, it looks so good.20200922_104044.jpg

After a few more rounds, my Huntington Beach Soft Premier Putter 11S (33") is taking a very long break. I find distance to be my biggest problem. I am not making any putts with it. Darn, it looks so good.View attachment 8969794
What’s the main issue distance wise?

I can never get it to the hole. Most of the time I am short with the putter on a straight putt and when you are trying to hit a point in a break I miss on the low side.

I can never get it to the hole. Most of the time I am short with the putter on a straight putt and when you are trying to hit a point in a break I miss on the low side.
Interesting! I’ve had speed problems too but it’s been me crushing the ball. Mine can’t be attributed to the putter though / I’ve been falling in love with a line and speed suffers

After a few more rounds, my Huntington Beach Soft Premier Putter 11S (33") is taking a very long break. I find distance to be my biggest problem. I am not making any putts with it. Darn, it looks so good.View attachment 8969794
Just a note: I believe the 11S is the slant neck. What you have pictured is the 11 which is face balanced. Either way, Im with @Molten. If i have speed issues it's because I crushed it.

Just a note: I believe the 11S is the slant neck. What you have pictured is the 11 which is face balanced. Either way, Im with @Molten. If i have speed issues it's because I crushed it.
I think it’s just the idiot that is holding the putter in my case. I tend to get a little excited trying to make putts. Ok, a lot excited.

My fault, I have an 11 face balanced.

So I took the #4 out on the course for the first time this year. Unfortunately, the club I belong to did a **** job of maintaining the course and many of the greens have severe sun damage from a couple of weeks we went without rain in July/Aug. So between that and the aeration that was done ~2 weeks ago, the greens were a mess. Nonetheless, I pushed thru 9 holes.

I really love the putter but I'm still getting used to it.

Does anyone find that they're taking shorter strokes with theirs? The ball seems to really accelerate off the club face moreso than my other putters. I am switching from a Cleveland Huntington Beach #1.

So I took the #4 out on the course for the first time this year. Unfortunately, the club I belong to did a **** job of maintaining the course and many of the greens have severe sun damage from a couple of weeks we went without rain in July/Aug. So between that and the aeration that was done ~2 weeks ago, the greens were a mess. Nonetheless, I pushed thru 9 holes.

I really love the putter but I'm still getting used to it.

Does anyone find that they're taking shorter strokes with theirs? The ball seems to really accelerate off the club face moreso than my other putters. I am switching from a Cleveland Huntington Beach #1.
Yeah, I took easier strokes for the same distance. I’m guessing it is the head weight? I’m not sure but it’s just a small adjustment

The 10.5 paid dividends again today. 32 putts today with only one 3 putt.

Yeah, I took easier strokes for the same distance. I’m guessing it is the head weight? I’m not sure but it’s just a small adjustment

Same here. I am not having to strike it as hard to keep my ball on the proper line.

I was finally able to play yesterday. It cold and VERY windy. Played in a 4 man scramble. Always a fun time! Did not putt that well. I left everything short. I too painted the lines on my 11. I need to clean the lines up a bit. I ran out of paint thinner. I felt like I needed more than just the black line. And the more I look at it I might even remove the orange lines and do just the center line. I still love the weight on this 11. Still up in the air about the grip. It feels just too rubbery for me. I have a super stroke pistol 2.0 that I am really thinking about putting on it. Hopefully the weather will calm down a little bit here in KC so I can get back out and play.Putter lines.jpg

I think it’s just the idiot that is holding the putter in my case. I tend to get a little excited trying to make putts. Ok, a lot excited.
Did you see my putt live during the Morgan Cup on hole #1? :ROFLMAO: Talk about excited. Definitely not the putter haha

Attachments

• IMG_1464.mov
    2.4 MB
I rolled these at GG today. I absolutely loved the 10.5 CS. I almost bought it even though I don’t need a putter. I have to go back and pick up a club and I may just buy it.

I've been working with the 11 and having a hard time adjusting to the head weighting. A well struck roll is really soft feeling but for some reason I've been missing that spot more than I would like, which is killing confidence in my speed control. I'm rolling the ball on my intended line so a few fall but man, I need to spend a few hours practicing.

I bought the 10.5 today. I played nine and rolled it great. Honeymoon phase has commenced.

Back