Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s time to raise the curtain on Cleveland Golf’s new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier putters and its expansion of the successful Huntington Beach SOFT line. Cleveland Golf has consistently proven that you can make high-quality milled putters with absolute attention to detail and face technology at a really competitive price point.  If you haven’t been paying attention to Cleveland putters, it may be time you perked up because you may just be surprised with what you learn.  

Milling technology is the big story with both lines, as the new Huntington Beach SOFT Premier and the Huntington Beach SOFT putters are built on the same underlying technology, SOFT. SOFT, or Speed Optimized Face Technology, is face milling technology...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write up. I was actually interested in a SC until I saw these. Cleveland Golf seems to bring great features for a very fair price. I will have one very soon.

Really enjoyed this article and think that these putters are so underrated. The Premier looks outstanding in hand.

Nice review, and those are nice looking putters... shame that only the #4 and #11 are available in lefty. :cry:

Love the introduction of the darker finish in the Premier line even though I'm partial to the silver/blue look. The slight price bump doesn't even matter these are a steal at these prices, plus the custom paintfill option is a nice touch as well by Cleveland

It’s an interesting line and the completely dark finish looks mean! It is a little two toned with the Grey on black but it’s darn cool looking

It’s an interesting line and the completely dark finish looks mean! It is a little two toned with the Grey on black but it’s darn cool looking
Any in hand photos?

Love the introduction of the darker finish in the Premier line even though I'm partial to the silver/blue look. The slight price bump doesn't even matter these are a steal at these prices, plus the custom paintfill option is a nice touch as well by Cleveland
The difference in grip is worth the coin in my eyes - I like the SinkFit grips more than I can explain

Nice write up! Those are sleek looking putters and a very attractive price point for milled putters.

Nice review, and those are nice looking putters... shame that only the #4 and #11 are available in lefty. :cry:
The #4 is the obvious winner anyway!

Price will be a very tempting lure🤔

Sounds great, I already have an HB SOFT, so the Premier looks like an interesting progression. I'm just a little disappointed in the photos, none looking down on the Premier, to show what you're looking at while putting, and nothing on the shafts and grips either. I know you use what you have to work with, so I will be looking forward to more photos.

Sounds great, I already have an HB SOFT, so the Premier looks like an interesting progression. I'm just a little disappointed in the photos, none looking down on the Premier, to show what you're looking at while putting, and nothing on the shafts and grips either. I know you use what you have to work with, so I will be looking forward to more photos.
Fair point - I’ll toss some grip shots up shortly. The shaft is solid black and I’ll try to capture it in the grip photos.

Thanks for taking the time to shed a little light on those that don’t seem to quite get it.
$129.99 & $159.99
How could you possibly pass up #4 for a Kirkland?
Nice article.

I’ll be doing some more traditional photos later but here are some shots. @jdtox - here you go too.

D84C670A-14AA-445A-B34C-B46C18D9E668.jpeg32EC05FC-9AF7-4E5B-BB41-B13B8DB56177.jpegAA2022AD-805C-4460-817F-0FAD0EB46532.jpeg02A9EBE7-D68D-4EE7-B5F3-C35BF61E2B82.jpeg3141C23F-0209-472A-8054-431F8991846C.jpeg

I have a HB Soft. Love the look and generally like a soft feel putter but I find this one to be too soft. Feels like I'm putting with the headcover on-really have to give it a rap.

I have a HB Soft. Love the look and generally like a soft feel putter but I find this one to be too soft. Feels like I'm putting with the headcover on-really have to give it a rap.
Paired with a soft ball it definitely does feel a bit soft in my limited experience so far. I’ve been trying use all types of balls to test this and it’s still in progress but SOFT is soft, 😆

I have both the slant neck Frontline Elevado and the HB 11s. These putters are so underated. This is a great article that will cost me money as I'm going to have to add the premiere 11s to my collection!!

Great price for some really good looking putters.

Great write up! I’ve wanted to try a milled face putter for a while and one of these could very well be the door to them!

The Huntington Beach line is always underrated and often overlooked. They are great putters and for the price I challenge anyone to come up with a better option.

The Huntington Beach line is always underrated and often overlooked. They are great putters and for the price I challenge anyone to come up with a better option.

I agree with this. Price wise they are tough to beat.

I put a HB in play a couple of months back as a transition from an insert putter to a Cameron. It took me about a week to find a local shop that still had a LH model in stock, so that tells you how popular they are. First putter change in 10+ years, and I don't regret it one bit. Sure, I changed out the clunky Cleveland grip for a Superstroke, but as others have pointed out it's a great putter at an awesome price point. Initially I thought I would have trouble not having the top alignment line that my previous putter had, but I've adjusted to it. I hope to eventually move up to a Cameron, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with this Cleveland, and if I changed my mind and kept it in play I wouldn't be disappointed either. If you're on the fence about a milled putter, you can't go wrong with the HB.

Great review! I really enjoyed my previous model Huntington Beach and I really think for the price this putter is one that has to be considered.

Back