Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, that doesn't stop many teens from doing it.
You're a rare case for sure. Stick by your guns.

Speaking of which, I took a quick poll in my honors English class today of the people who planned to get drunk. More than half the hands shot up. That, friends, is sad.

Speaking of which, I took a quick poll in my honors English class today of the people who planned to get drunk. More than half the hands shot up. That, friends, is sad.

That's reality dude. I hate it as much as you, and I'm legal.

I can't stand people who require alcohol to have fun. It's pitiful.

Adding alcohol to a fun situation? I get it. Making alcohol the fun situation? Lame as ever.

Jacob, I commend you for being a mature man and be a great influence! I was exactly as you were in school, and I haven't honestly changed much. I will drink a beer here and there, but I'm talkign RARELY! Probably 3 in the past year!

My cousin was killed along with two others on prom night due to underage drinking and driving, and that is something that you, your family, or your friends will ever get over.

Jacob, awesome job! I would give you all of the reputation I could if it was possible! ha ha!

Adding alcohol to a fun situation? I get it. Making alcohol the fun situation? Lame as ever.

Exactly.

Let me get this out of the way, I have ABSOLUTELY NO problem with responsible, legal drinkers. I personally think that the US should lower the drinking age to 18. I think that all counties should allow the sale of alcohol so our floundering educational system can take advantage of the extra revenue. It is when a person drinks to prevent themselves from being "left out" that really irks me.

I don't drink more than 12 -15 beers in an entire year and fewer mixed drinks. Holidays are tough because people are always pushing alcohol in your face and I just tell them I don't drink and they act like I just called them an idiot or something. In my opinion alcohol abuse is far worse a problem in this country than any illegal drug, Anyone who drinks and drives is a criminal in my opinion and getting drunk is a loss of self control that should be avoided at all costs. One of the first memories I have in life is of my 2 year old sister being run over and killed by a drunk while playing in our own front yard, I was 4 at the time and it could have easily been me, I was right there. Young people will say that alcohol can be controlled and not everybody has a problem and the reason they can say this is because they are 25 and have no experience with 40 and 50 year olds whose lives have been ruined by it. This is my rant today.

I don't drink more than 12 -15 beers in an entire year and fewer mixed drinks. Holidays are tough because people are always pushing alcohol in your face and I just tell them I don't drink and they act like I just called them an idiot or something. In my opinion alcohol abuse is far worse a problem in this country than any illegal drug, Anyone who drinks and drives is a criminal in my opinion and getting drunk is a loss of self control that should be avoided at all costs. One of the first memories I have in life is of my 2 year old sister being run over and killed by a drunk while playing in our own front yard, I was 4 at the time and it could have easily been me, I was right there. Young people will say that alcohol can be controlled and not everybody has a problem and the reason they can say this is because they are 25 and have no experience with 40 and 50 year olds whose lives have been ruined by it. This is my rant today.

Great post. I'm sorry for your loss, but I truly understand and appreciate your view here. It affects too many lives negatively for me to ever want to even go near drunk people.

That completely sums up my view on alcohol. A lot of my old highschool buddys drink not as part of a good time but because thats the only way they can have a good time. It really pisses me off.

That completely sums up my view on alcohol. A lot of my old highschool buddys drink not as part of a good time but because thats the only way they can have a good time. It really pisses me off.

+1. I have a few buddies who drink themselves to the point of puking intentionally. They take some sick pride in their hangovers. Dumbasses.

Exactly, a lot of our buddies around here find the stupidest excuses to drink. They usually start in the afternoon and go all day. They could be going to a movie at night and be drinking around 1 to go there just hammered.

Unless I'm going out I can't sit around and heavily drink.

That could very well be the most childish thing I have ever heard.

I know, it has got to the point that I actually avoid their parties for fear of being exposed to the inevitable. Worse, their parents gladly provide it.

+1. I have a few buddies who drink themselves to the point of puking intentionally. They take some sick pride in their hangovers. Dumbasses.

It gets terrible. Its like "oh its a tuesday night might as well get hammered cause i work tomorrow morning but itll be so cool to go to work with a hang over" i swear thats what goes on in their minds

Dent man you can never drink.

Parties without purpose annoy the eff out of me.

Parties in general are starting to annoy me. I cant stand going to a club anymore and parties are always a bunch of people i dont really care if i see getting hammered out of their face. It kinda scares me but i used to be a bit like them (on a much smaller scale) i used to just lose control of my drinking. It was just a highschool phase though but now when i go to a party or a club and see all these people acting like i used to in highschool (i was super immature btw) i just wanna slap em and tell them to grow up. I guess im kind of a hippocrit though cause i still get carried away sometimes (maybe twice a year on special occasions)

Parties in general are starting to annoy me. I cant stand going to a club anymore and parties are always a bunch of people i dont really care if i see getting hammered out of their face. It kinda scares me but i used to be a bit like them (on a much smaller scale) i used to just lose control of my drinking. It was just a highschool phase though but now when i go to a party or a club and see all these people acting like i used to in highschool (i was super immature btw) i just wanna slap em and tell them to grow up. I guess im kind of a hippocrit though cause i still get carried away sometimes (maybe twice a year on special occasions)

Coming from the guy who is apparently going Thursday :D

I know what you mean though. I'm double sided when it comes to partying.

Is anything more annoying then a bunch of drunk people when your sober? Can't stand it. Then they try to throw their drinks at you and make you drink. Ugh!!!

Is anything more annoying then a bunch of drunk people when your sober? Can't stand it. Then they try to throw their drinks at you and make you drink. Ugh!!!

Just awful.. or when you thought people were annoying and then they get drunk and you really see how annoying they can really get?

Coming from the guy who is apparently going Thursday :D

I know what you mean though. I'm double sided when it comes to partying.

haha true true. i dislike going to the club but since i already know girls that are gonna be there why not?

Just awful.. or when you thought people were annoying and then they get drunk and you really see how annoying they can really get?

Makes you want to start smashing drunk faces. Then there's "that guy" who can't control himself. The I wanna fight every dude that looks at me guy. The hit on every singe female guy. The not funny guy that thinks he's funny. The I'm your best friend guy who you don't like. There's so many of them.

haha true true. i dislike going to the club but since i already know girls that are gonna be there why not?

True, I might come.

Makes you want to start smashing drunk faces. Then there's "that guy" who can't control himself. The I wanna fight every dude that looks at me guy. The hit on every singe female guy. The not funny guy that thinks he's funny. The I'm your best friend guy who you don't like. There's so many of them.

Haha Kevin you have too much experience. Totally know what your talking about.

worst part is im probably most of the ones you just described...

dent man i was doin alright with nikki last time we met but you may have the better wheels if you come it could be over for me lol

I think this is part of what I call growing up....clubbing is a foolish waste of time and money and serves no purpose once you are settled in with a partner you trust. The only reason to go to a club is to get laid.

Great post. I'm sorry for your loss, but I truly understand and appreciate your view here. It affects too many lives negatively for me to ever want to even go near drunk people.

Thanks - some people live such sheltered lives it is nice to know that there are people who understand.

I have been known to indulge in drunken events every couple months.. but I do it as responsibly as I can.
It all goes back to figuring everything out BEFORE anything happens. How I get home, how much cash I have to drink with, who I'm with, where I'm going, what I'll do if something goes wrong. It can be done, and it can be a lot of fun - you just have to plan for it and be responsible, and NEVER get to the point of blacking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back