So took the arccos sensor off my gamer and my putter is back to good again. 13 putt front 9 with a couple left within a foot from long lag putts Either there is actually something to that or I am just mentally weak. 🤷‍♂️

So after more testing, I'm fairly certain it's the milling pattern that gives me a sound I prefer.

One of the 35" putters I'm going to cut down. I think with the different sound I get a slightly different pace due to subconscious change. Might be useful.

So after more testing, I'm fairly certain it's the milling pattern that gives me a sound I prefer.

One of the 35" putters I'm going to cut down. I think with the different sound I get a slightly different pace due to subconscious change. Might be useful.
What milling do you like? It really does change the sound a lot

Alot of medium depth grooves with equalish passes. The Swag ACE has what I like.

16041916388198871372020541402016.jpg

Not a super huge fan of super deep milling since the sound comes off different. Swag Opal as an example.

16041918068826391867442398405137.jpg

The smaller grooves pattern is definitely firmer. This was the 35" putter that was part of the experiment. Swag Suave Too RAD.

1604191932054615135032412988860.jpg

Definitely notice there are softer spots where the middle point of the milling happens. The medium depth grooves seems to have a more consistent feel between the softest part of the face and an average strike. The deep grooves can have the softest feeling strikes but the sound on average strikes can get tingy. The shallow grooves definitely have a louder pitch.

Starting to get to grips with the feeling of using the claw grip now. Just wish the greens were nicer, but its that time of the year

Will be continuing to use it over the winter season so that I am fully familiar with it for the start of the season

I honestly have lost my putting stroke and I’m not sure what a proper release of the head feels like anymore. Thankfully it’s November and I’ve got time to figure it out but I’m not converting some real makable putts these days

First day playing with the Bettinardi SS28 armlock putter. It was a beautiful experience. Most consistent putting I can remember. Shorter putts felt automatic, and my distance control was outstanding on longer putts.
I will eventually acquire an armlock putter. It looks like it could work out really well on off days.

First day playing with the Bettinardi SS28 armlock putter. It was a beautiful experience. Most consistent putting I can remember. Shorter putts felt automatic, and my distance control was outstanding on longer putts.
Shhhh, I don't need to hear this. I've been known to try crazy things like this.

29 putts today.

A comment on technique. What I use successfully for higher stress short putts, say 5 ft and in is an exaggerated slow backswing. It seems to keep my backswing pure and online allowing me to follow through on my intended line to the hole. It seems when I get a little quick with the backswing it picks up some wobbles and makes it difficult to keep my putt online. With the slow backswing it seems to make this much easier.

26 and 28 putts the last two rounds. I think the MetalXMilled 330M is staying in the bag.

Cut down one of 35" putters and put a Lamkin deep etch. Strike improved and now feels great. A little confused on why the sound and feel is so much better now.

Need to see why it wants to miss left.

Have you ever laid your hands on a putter and felt instant love for it?

This is one of those putters.

83AD8C15-E01E-4760-A82E-01B87F3307E3.jpeg657BC910-A4BD-4922-AB88-F3BE549C9116.jpeg4D0759E0-BB7A-4422-9F68-15FA3A7FDFA8.jpeg9A74F19B-6BAF-4989-8429-B8EF3E9041F1.jpeg

Reactions: KEV
Have you ever laid your hands on a putter and felt instant love for it?

This is one of those putters.

I may or may not have had a similar feeling for a Toulon Chicago I rolled over the weekend. I'm doing my absolute best to hold out right now...

The claw grip is becoming much more familiar now. still work to be done, but I am feeling more relaxed with the grip now

I may or may not have had a similar feeling for a Toulon Chicago I rolled over the weekend. I'm doing my absolute best to hold out right now...

The claw grip is becoming much more familiar now. still work to be done, but I am feeling more relaxed with the grip now
I keep toying with it too but have been struggling to keep it steady throughout the stroke. That leads me to wonder if my putting stroke is too quick and doesn't have much flow to it.

I keep toying with it too but have been struggling to keep it steady throughout the stroke. That leads me to wonder if my putting stroke is too quick and doesn't have much flow to it.

I felt like that at first, but a few modifications soon sorted that, I use the pencil version with my right hand and hook my left index finger over my right thumb

As far as putting styles, especially relating to the claw grip, I look at what is the most common technique the professionals use. After all they are the best in the world and know what works the best. Some do use the claw grip but the majority PGA professionals use a standard length putter with a standard grip and that seems to be the most popular , probably because it works the best for most golfers. I just use a standard grip and it works great for me, and I think the secret ingredient is practice. I hit the practice green and spend about an hour on that every couple weeks and really fine-tune my technique. Pretend you're in a high-stress situation and that you have to make certain putts, and go about your practice like that.

31 putts with the Chicago today.

Back