Armlock - there’s something to it for me. Played a few rounds and the forced rocking of the shoulders is very helpful. Not for everyone - I get it. But could be a good training aid if not a gamer for most - check it out if given a chance.
I use an arm lock when I chutt my 8i. It’s becoming a really good weapon when I can’t quite putt but have a great green to roll.

I use an arm lock when I chutt my 8i. It’s becoming a really good weapon when I can’t quite putt but have a great green to roll.
Does it transfer between turf for you?

Does it transfer between turf for you?
I’m doing a club lean and choking up a lot. So I fell into it then learned what it was. For me it takes a variable out. Abd because the grip and shaft is locked on my left forearm the turf influence is further minimized. I only see a benefit. Danny liked my utilization of it. Competing against him he’d say if he hated it.

totally random you should get the new cobraputter because it will drop your puts by 6 strokes #newtech
You know a guy who can get me one?
:cool:

Yep. White Hot Pro #7 got me my personal best. (y)
I do love my Bettinardi. Prettiest I own, and I putt best with it. Great combo. I'll be dumb to play anything else when I get back out there.
Except it begs the question: #7 is the holy ghost putter. So why not it?
Betti just, I don't have to think about anything with this putter. Best I have ever had. Dumb lucked it that the lie angle was correct for me at 71º, and extended it and put the super stroke ultra slim 1.0 on it years ago. Its the one.

Was just mentioning to a friend the Rife IBF Aussie is getting extended as well, and a new Lamkin Blue Etched Paddle, funny you should mention...
that one will just need the lie angle tipped up so I can use the sight alignment groove on the topline. $25 from RockBottom Golf many moons ago.
I think Rife's EVNRLL putters are $450 now? Not a bad pickup for a Rife 303ss putter. (y)(y)

White Hot #6 Longneck is mine, and I love it!

The last time we were able to play, it was at a course with a bit of a checkered past. It is owned, but not operated, by the city of Warren, OH. The guy who had run it for decades was found to be ripping off the city. He was "fired", lawsuits flew, and the course grew into a hayfield! Zero maintenance! 2 years later, they found some outfit to run the place, but they were marginal. They left and a new outfit, who have a course just across the line in PA took over. They are getting it done.

The day we played, the greens looked, and putted, the best they have in years, and were quite a bit quicker than I expected. I had my best putting day in a long time, even though my approach game was pretty much crap! I had no 3 putts, made a couple of 30 footers, lag putts looked in the hole all round, and I had tap ins for second putts. My buddy even remarked on it over a post round beer.

I always buy a new putter in November / December... when it’s 25 degrees out there and I can’t use it for 5 months

I always buy a new putter in November / December... when it’s 25 degrees out there and I can’t use it for 5 months

Carpet putts FTW!

How does one deal with shaggy hole cuts? I have never seen more lip outs than I have in my last 3 rounds (on the same course.) It's not just me. Everyone I've played with, 3 buddies, and 8 strangers, had a similar number of lip outs as anyone else in the group. It simply defies logic! I don't know anything about cutting holes, but I'm beginning to suspect the guy cutting them on this course doesn't know what he's doing.

Carpet putts FTW!
On the hunt for a little practice set up in the basement... puttout vs perfect putter etc. Who knows.

I picked up a Taylormade TP Patina Collection Ardmore 3 late October.
I''ve been really happy with it. Been putting quite well since putting in the bag:
1605898797875.png
I have the 34" version and it came with 2-15 gram weights at the bottom.
Fit seems to be really there.
The color is supposed to oxidizes as it it's exposed to elements over time.

This a great pickup for me. I'm glad I took a chance on it.

After a few rounds at my local muni I’ve devised a new practice method: I smear molasses on a sheet of plywood and try and putt the ball 5 feet.

29 putts. Toulon Chicago.

How does one deal with shaggy hole cuts? I have never seen more lip outs than I have in my last 3 rounds (on the same course.) It's not just me. Everyone I've played with, 3 buddies, and 8 strangers, had a similar number of lip outs as anyone else in the group. It simply defies logic! I don't know anything about cutting holes, but I'm beginning to suspect the guy cutting them on this course doesn't know what he's doing.

There's nothing you can do about it. A buddy of mine actually thought that pros putted to holes that were larger than the ones we play to! I told him that the pros play to holes that are newly cut every day, with sharp edges. We might be putting to holes that are 4-5 days old. Plus, with oldsters raking the ball out of the hole with their putter heads, they can break down the rim of the hole pretty quickly! Believe me, I've seen it!

Had a nightmare my stroke lab shaft broke where the graphite meets steel. I have no context around this because it’s the only part I can remember, but it was awful!

Anyone use the Golf Pride Pro Only grip? Any thoughts? Very triangular and I didn't think I would like it but it was suprisingly controllable.
I think one of them will be my next grip. Just need to decide on which model.

Anybody have any tips on maintaining a Putt-Out mat? What I've found thus far with mine is that after a half dozen putts or so the line I have been putting on seems to develop an imprint which I believe influences the subsequent putts. I can't imaging having to stop, run a vacuum over it and then putt some more, but I will if I have to. I also see to be constantly pulling the "home" end back with my hands to try and eliminate a small ripple mid-length. What do others do for holding the mat down?

So, after cutting down one of 35" putters to 34.25" it's been in my bag for the past few rounds.

It is definitely firmer, but it's really grown on me. It's been an interesting experiment.

Going into 2021 I'll probably bounce back in forth between the two putters. I think the firmer feeling putter gets the ball going slightly faster but I like being able to take a more aggressive stroke with the softer feeling one. If I change to a softer ball I think the firmer putter would make more sense. Though I have a ton of left dash saved up right now.

I'll probably change the grip from the Lamkin deep etch cord to one of golf Pride cords to try them out. Red star and green star seem good. Will look for something close to the midsize leather grip Ive been liking lately.

Alignment and everything is the same since they are the same head shape.

Back