31 putts with the Chicago today.
For me, much of my success in putting is based on my short game. For a mid handicap individual like me I don't always get it close to the pin, in fact just hoping to get it on the green somewhere.

For me, much of my success in putting is based on my short game. For a mid handicap individual like me I don't always get it close to the pin, in fact just hoping to get it on the green somewhere.
5 one putts (2 birdies) 3 par saves. Short game and putting can save a round.

Going to ask Callaway customer service about the status of my Chicago Garage . Going on 9 weeks since order, in 'being customized' status for the last ~6 weeks. I'm sure there may be stock issues, and I can definitely be patient given the circumstances in the world. And it appears now on the Garage that you cannot build one like I did.

Might need to ask @JDax for some odds on whether I receive it before the Grandmama or just pick it up in person :ROFLMAO:

Someone help me wrap my head around how not using a line when putting can help me more accurate and better with speed?! I've always used a line until today and it was much better without but I'm really thinking it will be confirmation bias more than anything else.

Curious how important a putter fitting is when you’re talking about putters within your existing design / head / neck experience...

A lot of times the shot at acquiring rare putters comes at the expense of being truly fit for it. I mean, I get going from face balanced mallet to full plumbers toe hang etc could cause issues buy more going from one plumbers to another... can’t decide

29 putts today. Greens where a bit fuzzy which isn’t uncommon this time of year. Lot of par saving putts under 4 feet

Someone help me wrap my head around how not using a line when putting can help me more accurate and better with speed?! I've always used a line until today and it was much better without but I'm really thinking it will be confirmation bias more than anything else.

A line makes you aim more left. So if you aim right, a line can help you aim straighter. Conversely, if you aim straight, a line will get you aiming left.

Typically, I will start out with no line and only a sight dot and see what happens.

I know that I don't do well with much offset - half shaft or none works well, and I aim a small mallet or mallet type well, and more of a heel shafted putter. I probably have some compensation in all my putters except for my Edel e-1 (I was fit for that one, no offset, no sight line).

If you don't have a laser for aim, SeeMore has a triangulator for $10 that you can use to check your aim.

I putted like a big pile of burning dog crap today. It was raining and I couldn’t get the lines and speed, which led to ugliness.

I’m going to take this approach, instead of lining up the Titleist down the line I want, I’m gonna turn the ball sideways so when I’m behind the ball it reads Titleist left to right. Then standing behind my ball im gonna just pick out a spot in front of the ball and just putt. If a person isn’t worth a shat at reading, then lining up the ball can make it more difficult and throw off your line imo. For some reason I pull more putts? Maybe not lining it up is the way to go.

Spent some time playing with putter heads as I waited for my time on the trackman at local CC yesterday. Tried a few Bettinardi's ( first time I ever actually putted with one ) and rolled them pretty nicely. Wasn't expecting to feel that good. Solid and heavy but with a nice touch. Was surprised.

Spent some time playing with putter heads as I waited for my time on the trackman at local CC yesterday. Tried a few Bettinardi's ( first time I ever actually putted with one ) and rolled them pretty nicely. Wasn't expecting to feel that good. Solid and heavy but with a nice touch. Was surprised.
What shape did you like?

What shape did you like?

The one I gravitated to was the Inovai, which makes sense since I am currently gaming the Las Vegas. Similar shape but bigger head.

The one I gravitated to was the Inovai, which makes sense since I am currently gaming the Las Vegas. Similar shape but bigger head.
Yeah, it’s a great putter for sure.

Anyone use the Golf Pride Pro Only grip? Any thoughts? Very triangular and I didn't think I would like it but it was suprisingly controllable.

Pulling the trigger on a Hive putter... in what world does that actually make any sense in? I can miss a 3 footer with a 150 dollar putter or a 1800 dollar putter.

Need to rededicate the practice reps.

Close proximity on Saturday but minimal conversions

Daily putting practice is changing how I feel my stroke. One, the larger mat with 2 holes gives me a better test than the puttout mat I used last winter. I am still a putt making machine with the armlock, but the feel of my stroke with my 35” putters is leveling up. There is a controlled fluidity that just plain feels comfortable. I am making putts and feeling the touch with every putter I own.

FD508026-3BC3-455A-A970-2DBEE00561A0.jpeg
I did a thing...

Just got done rolling putts on the matt, 25 with the TT Ten and 25 with the Chicago. Even though slightly different feels it is good practice. Makes those 8 footers on the course easier.

Redacted is a great putter. That’s all.

Armlock - there’s something to it for me. Played a few rounds and the forced rocking of the shoulders is very helpful. Not for everyone - I get it. But could be a good training aid if not a gamer for most - check it out if given a chance.

Back