Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

Interesting to see his review. I love the look looks of the ZX5...but I really hope they feel close to the same as my 565s and perform a bit better.

I agree about the scoring club lofts. I'd rather they have 4* lofts on the higher clubs than 5*...but that seems to be what everybody else is doing. Disapointed there won't be a gap wedge. My 565 A-wedge is my my go-to club from 30-100 yards.

This page shows an A-wedge with a 50 degree loft for the ZX5 and 51 degree loft for the ZX7: https://www.srixon-share.com/archives/portfolio-item/new-z565-driver-3-2-2-2

This is confirmed at the bottom of this Australian store's pre-order page: https://www.golfbox.com.au/golf-blog/srixon-zx-range-of-golf-clubs

The words he used were 'a little bit of chunkiness'.
The pics certainly seem to back him up.
But to each their own, for me going from blades to a top line like this won't really suit my eye whilst it will suit others just fine!
b45e8a019b9144efeff9ef65640ccd36.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
If it was more rounded it would look totally different. That being said, I could play that.

If it was more rounded it would look totally different. That being said, I could play that.

I thing these pictures are a touch misleading. I thought much the same till I saw them in person. They are very hard lines, which seems to be a srixon characteristic. Those lines make them appear more box'y and thick.

Bingo. Squared toplines always visually seem thicker than they are.

Do we know a release date for these yet?

Do we know a release date for these yet?

January is all that I have heard. Too bad too, because I am getting a fitting on the 29th and I would have liked to have hit these.

Yes looks like january 15th. Is an A wedge part of it?

Well that is good, since September 19th came and went :)

I can't say much, but can say that we will have full details on everything when available and our info will be before January 15th.

Wish we could find the custom graphite shaft list for the irons and drivers.
Oh and any info on the ZX4...

Well that is good, since September 19th came and went :)

I can't say much, but can say that we will have full details on everything when available and our info will be before January 15th.
I see what you did there.

I am hoping the embargo date for this line is approaching soon. My golf season is very limited now and I need a pick me up.

I am hoping the embargo date for this line is approaching soon. My golf season is very limited now and I need a pick me up.

I can’t say much, but can say stay tuned, we have some fun stuff coming up.

Handsome and likely well performing clubs from a brand seems to be gaining some momentum on tour and better players. I tentatively favor the ZX7 from photos.

I’m really interested in seeing the ZX5, the Srixon line has been really, really good.

I had an iron fitting on Monday here in scotland and ended up being fitted into the ZX5 coming from the p790s I was looking for better feel off the face.
The ZX5 were comparable distance wise to the p790s and hit the ball much higher with a much better descent angle too which was where my fitter was looking to get to. I then asked about the Mizuno 921F and he let me hit that in the same set up modus 105 stiff, the results were exactly the same off the indoor mat and the mizuno may have been ever so slightly softer off the face.
As the final test we then moved outside to hit some off the grass mizuno vs srixon, all I can say is the srixon with the v sole destroyed the mizuno in both strike and feel to the point where I was hitting the ZX5 out of divots with nicer launch and feel than the mizuno off a perfect lie! I had never come across the v sole before but I am now a convert!
Suffice to say a set of 5-PW ZX5 are now on order and hopefully should have them in hand in three weeks can't wait!

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

;)

I had an iron fitting on Monday here in scotland and ended up being fitted into the ZX5 coming from the p790s I was looking for better feel off the face.
The ZX5 were comparable distance wise to the p790s and hit the ball much higher with a much better descent angle too which was where my fitter was looking to get to. I then asked about the Mizuno 921F and he let me hit that in the same set up modus 105 stiff, the results were exactly the same off the indoor mat and the mizuno may have been ever so slightly softer off the face.
As the final test we then moved outside to hit some off the grass mizuno vs srixon, all I can say is the srixon with the v sole destroyed the mizuno in both strike and feel to the point where I was hitting the ZX5 out of divots with nicer launch and feel than the mizuno off a perfect lie! I had never come across the v sole before but I am now a convert!
Suffice to say a set of 5-PW ZX5 are now on order and hopefully should have them in hand in three weeks can't wait!
That sounds awesome!!!! Can't wait until we can hit these irons here.

I have a set of Recoil 110 Protos looking for some heads. Looking forward to hearing what you have in store to tell me about these. #comboset

Back