Hole-in-one insurance?

GopherNut

Reaction score
Handicap
Do any of you participate in hole-in-one insurance at your local golf course or men's league? Our league is looking at starting a program and we're trying to get some ideas on how to run it.

We're thinking of $5 per person and that would buy everyone in the league a beer/pop for the guy who got the ace (roughly 100 guys). Once the fund is too low to buy a round, everyone would have to chip in another $5. Other ideas or programs that work?

Do any of you participate in hole-in-one insurance at your local golf course or men's league? Our league is looking at starting a program and we're trying to get some ideas on how to run it.

We're thinking of $5 per person and that would buy everyone in the league a beer/pop for the guy who got the ace (roughly 100 guys). Once the fund is too low to buy a round, everyone would have to chip in another $5. Other ideas or programs that work?

It is traditions like this that make me happy I am too young to buy alcohol...

Be thankful you don't play golf in Japan, if you get a hole in one there apparently you have to buy your playing partners clubs.

And in Japan, that is like buying a car...

Pop? People in Minnesota say pop?
Anyways my old league had the said insurance. They took it out of our league dues, I think it was also $5 a guy. Last year they had to tap it twice it was nuts.

We do $5 a person and when it hits, everybody does $5 again.

We don't do this in my league, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I still have yet to see an ace in the 3 years I have played. I have seen an albatros though.

Ha I only thought people from Buffalo did.

In Oregon you say "pop" too, the only time you hear "soda" is from a transplant....

Be thankful you don't play golf in Japan, if you get a hole in one there apparently you have to buy your playing partners clubs.

I thought I heard one time (at band camp) that a hole in one in Japan means you bought EVERYTHING for EVERYONE on the course that day, greens fees, pro shop, food, drink, EVERYTHING. So, yeah I'd be buying that insurance even though I've never had a hole in one.

My league doesn't have "insurance" but there's a hole in one payout. The only tradition is buying a round I think for whoever is in the clubhouse when submitting cards. So insurance isn't exactly necessary.

We say pop or soda or soda pop here in Colorado too by the way...

Back