Nike Method Core Putters

So I went to my local shop to roll the Method Core again and it's an amazing putter. After rolling it side by side compared to the TM Ghost I'd have to say I would go with the Core. I fell in love with the Daytona Ghost when I rolled it at the Kingdom and I was almost 100% I was going to buy one. I gave it some time and thought and decided to head to my local shop and roll them both side my side. Needless to say the Core won out. The Core is not too soft, not too hard; it's just right. I felt the Ghost's titallium insert was a smidge to soft for my liking.

Nice, nothing wrong with the Core, nike is bringing out some great putters for sure! If you think the pure roll in the ghost is soft you would hate the AGSI + in last years model lol, it was much softer

The Ghost isn't crazy soft, it's just a smidge to soft for me. I thought I wouldn't like the three lines but it actually makes it really easy to line up your putt. I think I'm going to go with the core though. I don't know if it will replace my Ping, I just haven't been in love with my putter as of late.

Good point Mardin, the Core feels has a touch more pop than the Ghost. Glad to see you found something you like but I understand how hard it is to change a putter you like.

I'd like to see Nike release a Core like the original 003. I like the look and feel of that heel shafted putter, which is also why right now I'm leaning toward the Ghost 880. The 880 and the Method 003 are very similar, but I like the soft feel of the insert on the core so I'd like to see that.

Good point Mardin, the Core feels has a touch more pop than the Ghost. Glad to see you found something you like but I understand how hard it is to change a putter you like.

Well my Ping Anser and I haven't been getting along very well. That's why I've been browsing the putter market. I'm changing the grip on it tomorrow so hopefully that will help some. It's been a good putter for some time, but my last few times out how been awful. I think a putter change might help my game and the Method Core might be what the doctor ordered.

SWFLA....are you putting with the Core now? How do you like it?

Well my Ping Anser and I haven't been getting along very well. That's why I've been browsing the putter market. I'm changing the grip on it tomorrow so hopefully that will help some. It's been a good putter for some time, but my last few times out how been awful. I think a putter change might help my game and the Method Core might be what the doctor ordered.

SWFLA....are you putting with the Core now? How do you like it?

Yeah I'm using the #4, took me several trips to the putting green to get my alignment squared up with it since I was coming back to a CS putter. Since then I really enjoy the little pop it gives, I know I say that a lot but its a pleasant note that tells me I hit it right. The polymer is nice and firm with an almost metallic sound vs the softer Odyssey feel. Really didn't realize just how much I missed the CS style but I will never stray again.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I putted with all of them and think I'm going to go with the 3i I love the clean blade look.

I putted with all of them and think I'm going to go with the 3i I love the clean blade look.

nice, its a good looking putter. Hopefully she makes putts for ya, there is nothing like haveing a putter you love and are confident with, that happens to be the TM-880 ghost for me.

In another post, I had tried the mid-mallet version of this. I said I didn't like it because it felt too light.
Today, while testing out putters with my dad, I fell in love with the blade version. So much so, that he make take my putter (Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball) and I may get a NMC 1i. Maybe. I loved it, and all the putts I hit went down. Great putter Nike!

BulldogsGolf

I'd like to see Nike release a Core like the original 003. I like the look and feel of that heel shafted putter, which is also why right now I'm leaning toward the Ghost 880. The 880 and the Method 003 are very similar, but I like the soft feel of the insert on the core so I'd like to see that.

I was in the same boat, torn between TM-110 and Core i3. I found the Core was just too hot in the face, not enough feel to it compared to the TM-100.

I was in the same boat, torn between TM-110 and Core i3. I found the Core was just too hot in the face, not enough feel to it compared to the TM-100.

And I thought that the GHost has a bit too much feel compared to the cores face.

I was lucky enough to have my parents surprise me with one last night. They knew how much I loved it, and I was so excited! My dad now has the Odyssey Two Ball I was going to use. I can't wait to get home to roll it again!!!

Nike Method Core 1i BTW

And I thought that the GHost has a bit too much feel compared to the cores face.

Great there there are putters that offer different feel, then everyone is happy.

Yep. I'm still shopping putters though...The core is at the top of my list. I think im going to go with the 3i if i get one.

I'm thinking of picking up the Method Core blade as a backup so I can send my Scotty into the Putter Lounge, but I am scared that switching back and forth from putters is going to throw off my feel. By the time I get my Scotty back it will be about time for some of the local tournaments I play in and I would want to use my Scotty but I'm afraid that going back to the Scotty will take some adjustment after using an insert putter, especially one that has the grooves for forward role. Anyone think this would be a problem?

I'm thinking of picking up the Method Core blade as a backup so I can send my Scotty into the Putter Lounge, but I am scared that switching back and forth from putters is going to throw off my feel. By the time I get my Scotty back it will be about time for some of the local tournaments I play in and I would want to use my Scotty but I'm afraid that going back to the Scotty will take some adjustment after using an insert putter, especially one that has the grooves for forward role. Anyone think this would be a problem?

Yes and no, I think that once you got your SC back, after a few times on the putting green you should be fine. You will know the feel from before, so it will just be getting that speed back more than anything, but it's not like you have to completely get use to a brand new putter again, you should regain that familiarity after a few hours with it.

So I went to Philly to visit family and made a trip to GG. I spent a good hour on the putting green. I did a putting comparison with the TM Ghost Daytona and the MethodCore 1i. I putted about 50 balls with both of them. I would putt the MC 1i and the Ghost. I'm still torn between both of them. The Ghost has entered back into the running of putters for me. What I really love about the Ghost putter is the three lines to help you line up putts. This really helps and prevents me from pulling putts. The MC1i has an amazing insert that delivers a soft feel with a firm finish that can only be found in milled putters. I wish I could combine both putters great points into one single putter.

I'll be purchasing one of the five Nike MC Friday prior to my round at Reunion Watson Course. No sure which one at this point but I'll let you all know. I currently putt with a Ping half Mallet. Any suggestions...

I have the 1i and I love it. If you are used to a half mallet though the 5i might be more your style

nike-vrpro-method-core5-ptr-l.jpg

I rolled a couple of Core's at Golftown yesterday and I came away very impressed, I loved how the insert felt and how the ball rolled. If I was in the market for a new putter these would be high on my list.

I rolled a couple of Core's at Golftown yesterday and I came away very impressed, I loved how the insert felt and how the ball rolled. If I was in the market for a new putter these would be high on my list.

How did you think the MC compared to the Ghost?

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

How did you think the MC compared to the Ghost?

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

MC felt softer and smoother than the Ghost for me, but they are both nice.

I have the 1i and I love it. If you are used to a half mallet though the 5i might be more your style

nike-vrpro-method-core5-ptr-l.jpg

I don't like the 5i only because of the odd shape. It is like a hald egg rather than perfectly rounded on the side. I would definitely give it a roll if it were like the the Method 3 that Tiger uses. That shape is more appealing to the eye to me. I normally play with a blade so I would consider giving the MC blade a try, but I'm considering the Ghost only because they have the 770 and 880 that are more appealing shape-wise than the MC 5i. I just need to try them out a full size green so I can see how they feel on long putts rather than the tiny little green at Dicks.

I don't like the 5i only because of the odd shape. It is like a hald egg rather than perfectly rounded on the side. I would definitely give it a roll if it were like the the Method 3 that Tiger uses. That shape is more appealing to the eye to me. I normally play with a blade so I would consider giving the MC blade a try, but I'm considering the Ghost only because they have the 770 and 880 that are more appealing shape-wise than the MC 5i. I just need to try them out a full size green so I can see how they feel on long putts rather than the tiny little green at Dicks.

I agree, I do not like the shape of the 5i, or the 4i. Really Nike, Your putter looks like a CS butt.

I jumped in the car and made a trip to the PGA superstore with my dad and I decided to get the Nike MC 3I. I rolled all five and really liked the look. I also rolled a few TM ghost putters....that's nice! (Borat voice) thanks for the suggestions.

Back