Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

Alright, been a busy week, so I'm sorry this took so long to get back to.

I took these out on the course last week, and I had one big take away that I wanted to research more. Across the board, I was 5-10 yards farther with these than my old gamers, a Srixon 565/765 combo set. I went to the lofts of each, and was surprised when I saw that until the 9i, the KZG is a higher lofted club. I know, only 1*, but still, kind of interesting that the KZG's were longer than what I was used to. I flew a few greens, and was deep on a couple more. Here's the specs on each:

Srixon:
1594386285594.png

KZG:
1594386373981.png

Attachments

• 1594386261688.png
    1594386261688.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 2

I took these out on the course last week, and I had one big take away that I wanted to research more. Across the board, I was 5-10 yards farther with these than my old gamers, a Srixon 565/765 combo set. I went to the lofts of each, and was surprised when I saw that until the 9i, the KZG is a higher lofted club. I know, only 1*, but still, kind of interesting that the KZG's were longer than what I was used to. I flew a few greens, and was deep on a couple more. Here's the specs on each:

Srixon:
View attachment 8952722

KZG:
View attachment 8952723
I told you that they would stun you! ;)

Srixon:
View attachment 8952722

KZG:
View attachment 8952723
Great to hear distance how did you like the feel between srixons. Having those I know they are soft smooth feeling on shots.

Great to hear distance how did you like the feel between srixons. Having those I know they are soft smooth feeling on shots.
The feel compared to the Srixons:

On good shots I like the feel better on the KZG's. It's so smooth, firm but not harsh. Very plush.

On misses, the feel is a little bit more harsh than the Srixons. Not a lot, but it is more noticible.

Overall though, I'd put the feel right up there with any other forged iron. I honestly dont know how it could feel better. I fell in love with the feel of the Srixons, and these go toe to toe.

Getting these out for another round on Friday, so I'm bumping this one back up to the top. Anyone with any questions, comments? Anyone been thinking about getting fit for a set?

Getting these out for another round on Friday, so I'm bumping this one back up to the top. Anyone with any questions, comments? Anyone been thinking about getting fit for a set?
What time on Friday? need a fourth?

What time on Friday? need a fourth?
We are playing early 7 a.m. here in Canton. I think we're full, but I'll check with my neighbor who is putting this one together. He's one who only golfs once a year :p, just fyi. If we have room, you interested in 7 am here in Canton?

After today's round I think I have a set of irons going up for sale, and its not the KZG's...:oops:. Didnt think I would say that with about my Srixons, but if I'm not there yet, I'm m pretty close!

To follow up on my round. I played a lot of 8-PW during today's round. I didnt hit these short irons well my 1st few outings with them, but now I've gotten comfortable and they were on fire today. The feeling on a well struck shot is sooo good. Just what I want a well stuck iron shot to be. Firm, but smooth, not harsh at all. With that said, the one that really sticks out to me today is one i missed. 8i about 150 out. Hit it off the toe, enough to hear it, and feel the club twist. As soon as it leaves I'm looking for it to be well short, or well off line. Nope, 5 yards short of the pin, on the left side of the green. I couldnt believe it!

I've added 5-10 yards on each club from my old gamers, but the KZG have a higher loft...crazy. I had my best round ever today, and these irons were a big reason why. I was hitting greens all round, and giving myself lots of 10 - 15 ft. birdie putts. Not crazy close, but for me that is great.

Best of all these clubs are consistent. I know what I'm getting each time in terms of ball flight and spin. They even worked really well out of a couple bad lies.

Still hoping to get some weights for these, or even go to a local KZG fitter. Just need to call to see how that would work, since I didnt purchase them there. Either way, i'm going to continue to keep heaping praise on these Tri-Tour irons, because they have been great for me! Thanks for a great set KZG!

Alright, latest update here. I went out for a impromptu 9 holes last night with both sets of irons I own for a little battle. It's the KZG Tri-Tour vs Srixon 565/765 combo set. I played the same Z-Star ball with each. After the round, I can confidently say that the Tri-Tour are at least 5 -10 yards farther than the Srixons on shots from the same distance and lie. I can also say that the feel, to me, with the KZG is better on well struck shots. Forgiveness is pretty close, overall, with the Srixon ahead slightly. I was more accurate overall with the KZG, but it wasn't a large gap.

I did this side by side test, because I don't want to have a set of irons just sitting there. After this test, I will be gaming the KZG irons from here on out, and my Srixon's will be cleaned up and listed for sale. As a note, I love my Srixon set, it's a fantastic iron set. It's the first set that really fit my swing and my abilities. I'd love to keep them, but I'd rather have someone else enjoy this great set!

In conclusion, for me, the feel of the KZG's on well struck shots is so addicting! I mean it's just that good. I just want to keep mashing irons shots, both long irons and short irons, time and time again to get that feeling! Not to mention, I gained some distance!

For sure, which usually means more questions ;)
Which I'd love to answer for anyone here, or test out so I can get you the answer!

Just changed my signature to include the KZG's. Knocked the Srixon 565/765 combo out in a close battle. Feel, consistency, and overall performance allowed the KZG's to take the prize in this contest.

Just changed my signature to include the KZG's. Knocked the Srixon 565/765 combo out in a close battle. Feel, consistency, and overall performance allowed the KZG's to take the prize in this contest.

Got these out for the first time in about a month. I hit some really bad shots, because my swing wasn't the best. But, when I put a good swing on these, the sound, feel, and performance continue to be perfect. Hit some great approach shots with my 8i today, but also some surprisingly good, for me, shots with my 5i. One par 3, that I never hit on this course, and I stuck it to within 5 feet. Ball flight was majestic! Hit and stopped, which for a 5i, absolutely what I want on par 3's. Hit a great 4i, on Hole #1, playing 190 just a few yards short of pin high, and just to the right. Too bad both these shots, were my 2nd shots, because as I said, my swing wasn't the best. But when I'm on, these are sooooo much fun to play! And that's not to say my misses are terrible, they are as they should be honestly.

I think I can actually go back and say I hit one really great shot with each iron today, and the long irons are the ones I usually struggle with. It is amazing the forgiveness offered in these clubs, from 4i through PW. Forgiving, but without a sacrifice in feel and consistency.

As a note, the irons are still in stock weighting, and will be unless I go into a fitter, since I don't have the extra weights. I've been thinking about this, since I have a KZG authorized fitter with 30 miles. Would be a fun add on to this thread, since it is a unique aspect to KZG. Not sure the cost for a fitting, since I already have them, but it would be interesting to try!

Got these out for the first time in about a month. I hit some really bad shots, because my swing wasn't the best. But, when I put a good swing on these, the sound, feel, and performance continue to be perfect. Hit some great approach shots with my 8i today, but also some surprisingly good, for me, shots with my 5i. One par 3, that I never hit on this course, and I stuck it to within 5 feet. Ball flight was majestic! Hit and stopped, which for a 5i, absolutely what I want on par 3's. Hit a great 4i, on Hole #1, playing 190 just a few yards short of pin high, and just to the right. Too bad both these shots, were my 2nd shots, because as I said, my swing wasn't the best. But when I'm on, these are sooooo much fun to play! And that's not to say my misses are terrible, they are as they should be honestly.

I think I can actually go back and say I hit one really great shot with each iron today, and the long irons are the ones I usually struggle with. It is amazing the forgiveness offered in these clubs, from 4i through PW. Forgiving, but without a sacrifice in feel and consistency.

As a note, the irons are still in stock weighting, and will be unless I go into a fitter, since I don't have the extra weights. I've been thinking about this, since I have a KZG authorized fitter with 30 miles. Would be a fun add on to this thread, since it is a unique aspect to KZG. Not sure the cost for a fitting, since I already have them, but it would be interesting to try!
Or, I could label this envelope of weights I’ve had sitting for half a year. :oops::unsure::(

Or, I could label this envelope of weights I’ve had sitting for half a year. :oops::unsure::(
If you are willing, I'd gladly take you up on that offer.

Have some Cobra King Forged Tecs irons coming soon to stack up against these. It will be interesting to see how the 2 compare in distance, dispersion and sound. The KZG's have been very good to me, and the plush feel/sound on a well struck shot is soo good. Will be a fun battle with 2 very different sets.

Have some Cobra King Forged Tecs irons coming soon to stack up against these. It will be interesting to see how the 2 compare in distance, dispersion and sound. The KZG's have been very good to me, and the plush feel/sound on a well struck shot is soo good. Will be a fun battle with 2 very different sets.

Looking forward to the comps!

These will spin more, be shorter by a 1/2 club, and sound/feel a lot better.

Looking forward to the comps!
May need some other testers mate! Hsve to bring along our friend JH who is always saying he's going to get new irons. Maybe one will finally be good enough to make his switch from his current set that has more than a few holes....

These will spin more, be shorter by a 1/2 club, and sound/feel a lot better.
Enjoy hearing from people with 1st hand knowledge. I thought it would be difficult to top the KZG's on sound with a hollow body, even when it's one of the best sounding hollow body irons.

Back