Make a Prediction on your ‘21 Driver

Oh, man, this is tough for me because I'm due for a fitting in January which should include some new models. Plus, my coach and I are still working on my Driver off the tee. My guess is it could come down to newer models from TM, Callaway, or one of the new TSi drivers (depending on when new models are available). Currently, I would think it would be one of the lower spinning combinations.

I’ll try the Rad, G425, EXSxxx, and Epic Speed/Max but figure ol faithful Epic Flash will still beat them.

I'll be going with my old component driver that has served me quite well, for quite a while.

If I manage 100 rounds in 2021, I would expect to use it 400-500 times. Maybe another 100 times in practice. To me, that's not a lot of usage for a driver, when compared to other clubs in my bag.

Also, since I'm not sure what 2021 has in store for me health wise, I'm hesitant to purchase any new equipment.

If anything, I could see myself possibly purchasing a 3W at some point.

Sticking with the EXS 220. (great club) If anything is going to be upgraded, it will be the Indian NOT the arrow.

I honestly don’t think anything will knock my TaylorMade Sim off the pedestal. This has easily been the best driving year I’ve ever had. Welcome to take a look and let others compete, but man oh man it’s gonna be tough.

This is like asking me what my swing will look like tomorrow, or what shoes I'll wear on June 23rd, or something. I have no idea.

I'll thoroughly try the new Epic's and the SIM 2.0. I'll give the RAD a chance. I've been absolutely pounding the TSi3, and it's freaking gorgeous so it could stay most of the year. I have a Mav SZ custom I haven't put in play and they're phenomenal so that's always ready. It probaby won't be the G425 because ugly. That's about all I know.

Last edited:
I might finally decommission my old 10.5 (stock stiff) TM R580 (yeah, i know!) My buddies tease me about being a "cheap skate" But in reality, it is still the most fun to hit, and most controllable driver I have ever owned and still competitive distance wise as any 2020 models I have tested.

The wife and I have only 9 more payments on our house and we are putting every additional penny into finishing them off, so I might hold off in 2021.

I really do like the TM Sim, Hogan GS53, and Cobra Speedzone drivers........ and would be happy with any of them.
That paid off house will feel super good! Who knows you might win a driver here on THP before then!

GS53 or the GS53 Max... I bought the GS53 used and the previous owner had a shorter staff and the GS53 Max will with a standard length. So I think depending on where I'm playing and what I need I may be switching the shafts and the heads to accomodate. I have a feeling though the shorter shaft with the GS53 Max head will be my go to.

It’s going to take something special to knock out the Mav Max from my bag. I’ll test out the TSi drivers but they need to be really good to have a shot at my driver for 2021

I honestly don’t think anything will knock my TaylorMade Sim off the pedestal. This has easily been the best driving year I’ve ever had. Welcome to take a look and let others compete, but man oh man it’s gonna be tough.
That is a great feeling to have.

my '21 driver will be my 2020 driver unless something drastic happens like being selected for an Experience.
NOW i say that, to say this....I have a vents Red in my special edition SIM. I am starting shaft exploration and setting up my shop. I have scale, gripping station and now a shaft cutting, sanding set up on the way....My first will be the HZRDUS Smoke Black in Regular....I have a friend with a hogan with his and i HIT BOMBS with his driver....so the '21 may start out with a new Shaft....I MAY try new shafts for the irons...next

Last edited:
Sticking with PXG on their Veterans discounts and might get a second - so far these clubs hit all the keys - adjustable/long/can shape shots and can put nice shafts in no extra charge so far.

It will be Sim Max unless new Callaway can beat it. Its not a speed thing, I just need more right bias out of a Callaway offering.

Speedzone Xtreme that is currently in my bag or the B21 that I plan on hitting over the winter ( I would likely benefit from this driver.)

There’s plenty of time for this to change, but I predict I’ll acquire either a PXG 0811 XF or a Ben Hogan GS 53 Max.

I've been split between the Mavrik SZ and the B21 this year. I seem to hit the B21 a little better. It wouldn't be too hard to get me to try a Callaway driver if one comes out in the spring.

Will keep my epic flash sub zero in the bag. At least until I find a real improvement with something else.

I got a new driver about midway through this golf season and I'll like;ly stay with that. It's a XXIO Prime 9. I'm old enough now that it works well for me. I'm still not throwing my TM M2 (2016 version) away though. I go back to it for a round now and then.

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to take the Mav Max out of my bag. It's earned its spot and has a pretty solid lock on it.

I really should just stick with my Sim and dial in one of the shafts I have for it but that wouldn’t be any fun. I have my heart set on the Ping g425 but like always the new TM will have a shot and who know maybe Cally or Cobra will get in this year

Barring a testing scenario it'll be the B21. I'd love to test the GS53 Max given what I've heard others have said about it but if I continue seeing the same results with my B21 that's gonna be rreeaaallllll tough to displace in the bag.

I imagine if Cobra has a draw biased driver head like it appears they do on the conforming list, that will be my primary want. If they release any limited edition drivers like they did this year, that want probably becomes a need ;)

Back