Make a Prediction on your ‘21 Driver

Unless I find something else that hits 70-85% of fairways like my current Cobra Speedzone does, it will be the Cobra Speedzone.
The new Cobra RAD could be the ticket. I'm going to try that and the new Callaway Epic Max or whatever it is. I've got to find something that will help me hit more fairways. @baylrballa made fun of me too much for not hitting fairways during the Cup;)

I'll get a fitting, but forced to pick, I'd say some variant of the PING G425. Probably the Max.

The new Cobra RAD could be the ticket. I'm going to try that and the new Callaway Epic Max or whatever it is. I've got to find something that will help me hit more fairways. @baylrballa made fun of me too much for not hitting fairways during the Cup;)

that seemed to backfire on me. :unsure:

As of right now planning to stick with the Mavrik Max

Unless I can prove that there’s actually something wrong with the M6 since distance seems to be waning... it won’t be different next year.

In 2021 my driver will be the one that I can finally hit straight every time.

Hell, who am I kidding, I will still slice the heck out of it.

Probably sticking with the XXIO X. I may try and grab a Srixon ZX5 for a backup.

In 2021 my driver will be the one that I can finally hit straight every time.

Hell, who am I kidding, I will still slice the heck out of it.
Just gonna leave this here
20201013_093634.jpg

Just bought a Sim head to throw on my Hzrdus Green Hulk that I was using in my old Srixon driver. Fingers crossed that this lasts at least one season.

My 10.5* Cobra Pars and Stripes with the Ventus Blue 6R will probably stay. If it gives me unanticipated problems, I might put the Ventus in my previous 12.5* Cobra F9 because I am curious about that shaft in the higher loft older head.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

M5 just found a good combo; grabbed a EFSZ again and still have SIM-tasitic ......nothing more needed to compete although the new bats look tempting :cool:

Going with the Cobra Speedzone Xtreme with the Rogue stiff shaft. Played the M5 with the orange Tensei all season this year. Hit it well most of tyhe time. Got a great deal on a pre-owned Cobra so I'll give it a shot, but not selling the M5 just in case.

Actually, I have another. @Molten and his vagueness reminded me of it....

#Iknow
@Molten is subtle and crafty, but we wouldn’t want him any other way. When a guy like him starts a thread with a poll about whether one would give up 5 yards to double the fairways hit, there has to be meaning. Such a guy doesn’t just put together some random poll.

Last edited:
Notice you have the ad vr 6x in the bag on your sig. Did it lose out to a DI? I feel the VR is one of their most underrated shafts, imo.

I have had the di since the 915 d2 it’s more of a comfort thing at this point it just works for me

@Molten is subtle and crafty, but we wouldn’t want him any other way. When a guy like him starts a thread with a poll about whether one would give up 5 yards to double the fairways hit, there has to be meaning. Such a guy doesn’t just put together some random poll.
But sometimes he does? Or doesn’t? The poll came from analysis of my Arccos stats that showed my driving distance went way up this year but my fairways had gone down. I was basically Phil. And part of the problem was what was good for distance was bad for my miss, so the poll was me trying to wrap my head around making a smarter choice. Can’t golf well on ~37% fairways with the driver.

But sometimes he does? Or doesn’t? The poll came from analysis of my Arccos stats that showed my driving distance went way up this year but my fairways had gone down. I was basically Phil. And part of the problem was what was good for distance was bad for my miss, so the poll was me trying to wrap my head around making a smarter choice. Can’t golf well on ~37% fairways with the driver.
You must have been doing something right to move your handicap the way that you did this year. It’s been really fun to watch.

Driver is not a priority this year, so the G400 Max will probably stay, But I'm leaking distance, and I may happen to try out a B21 or G425 Max if I convince myself a club could fix it.

Mavrik Max or TS3

Whatever the sub zero version is of the new callaway driver.

I heard The TXG guys talking about drivers on a podcast. Ian Fraser, who definitely is now regarded as one of the best fitters in the world, said that the new SIM 2 is going to knock people’s socks off. It was very interesting.

Last edited:
This just in!!

Had to had a little tape to get it to D4. Weight out in the toe.

image.jpg

I heard The TXG guys talking about drivers on a podcast. Ian Fraser, who definitely is now regarded as one of the best fitters in the world, said that the new SIM 2 is going to knock people’s socks off. It was very interesting.

It is pretty cool.

Back