Cleveland Black Satin CBX2 Wedges

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The forgiving wedge. Once upon a time it meant putting an iron set wedge into your bag, but in recent years no one has been doing more to show that a forgiving wedge can be so much more than that than Cleveland Golf. 

Cleveland-CBX-2-BS-XL.jpg

Here at THP we have been able to see the evolution of the CBX wedge design from the original to the most recent CBX2. The CBX2 in particular has gotten rave feedback from our community members and been a massive success for Cleveland Golf. If you want one of the most comprehensive rundowns of the CBX2, be sure to check out our review here in order to see just what sets the design apart. 

Not long after the release of the CBX2 and its strikingly beautiful satin finish, Cleveland Golf brought out the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
They look absolutely lovely, am a sucker for a satin finish!

Great write up! The CBX2 wedge seems to be the class standard in game improvement wedges.

I’m betting the dark finish makes the wedge appear smaller like the Glide Stealth. Straight to the top of the list!

These will be in the mix when I look to replace my current wedges. I like to have different finishes on each my wedges (that’s a different thread somewhere), but I can sure mix in one of these with that finish.

I like the looks of the black satin finish.

looking at the website their no up charge shafts are fantastic

the customization is legit too

Really like the dark finish! Great addition to the lineup for Cleveland!

Damnit. I use the cbx2 in 54 and JUST bought a 50 degree. Like...its not even here yet.
Would have much preferred the black to match my cbx full face and my new irons:(

I’m so very happy to see them do this, it’s just a nice way to round out the offering and make a lot of people happy.

I should have one in hand tomorrow and will add the in-hand pics to this thread post haste.

Yes. Finally. Anyone know if you will be able to do the custom paint fills on these ?

Black satin with a black shaft? Yes please. Personal opinion, they should have had a black steel shaft option.

Black satin with a black shaft? Yes please. Personal opinion, they should have had a black steel shaft option.
Very true.

They do. They have a True Temper Tour Issue Onyx shaft or the KBS Tour Black
There will be a small upcharge, but it is there.

They do. They have a True Temper Tour Issue Onyx shaft or the KBS Tour Black
There will be a small upcharge, but it is there.
Was literally coming to post this.

This makes so much sense! Love the color on the Full face wedge. Now you can blend a set if you really wanted and it will look so much better!

They look nice when new but the black satin finish on my Cleveland CBX2 Full Face wedge is wearing off quickly and now looks bad compared to my regular CBX2 wedges. I prefer the finish on the regular wedges better.

I’m so very happy to see them do this, it’s just a nice way to round out the offering and make a lot of people happy.

I should have one in hand tomorrow and will add the in-hand pics to this thread post haste.
So would you gather that this new black finish matches the FF finish?

Holy hell the black satin looks good.

I'm glad they put these out. Refreshes the release a bit and continues to round out one hell of a wedge lineup.

I'm glad they put these out. Refreshes the release a bit and continues to round out one hell of a wedge lineup.

You aren't kidding. One hell of a lineup for sure. ZipCore. Tour Rack. CBX2. Full Face. Smart Sole. 💥

They look nice when new but the black satin finish on my Cleveland CBX2 Full Face wedge is wearing off quickly and now looks bad compared to my regular CBX2 wedges. I prefer the finish on the regular wedges better.
Can you post a pic of it?
Do you play in real sandy soils, used from the bunker alot?

These look really good. I'm tempted to slot at least the 52 in under my 48* gap wedge in the T300 set. I've got the DG115 in my current wedges and really like that setup, so I could even go stock here...

Back