Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

the other thing i wonder is when a shaft is labeled such and such is it for that specific head, meaning the shaft can play differently for a different head and then that makes it confusing......
Different heads have different launch profiles, loft angle, center of gravity, etc. So understanding the heads launch characteristics and matching that with the correct shaft is key. But shaft profile should be consistent in terms of its specs on the sheet.

True but the shaft profile should be the shaft profile no matter which head it is in. Now, individual swing characteristics will always override any shaft profile. Meaning, a shaft can say it is low launch, but if you deliver a club in a certain way it may not launch low for you. It does not matter what the shaft, head combo says it should do. There is just what it will do for the individual..

In other words.. Get fit..:LOL::LOL::LOL:

True. However keep in mind that testing is done differently, compounded with what shafts are available to golfers from said company. Meaning a shaft could fall in the middle for company A, as they have 3-4 higher launching options and for company B, could be the highest launching option available.

True. However keep in mind that testing is done differently, compounded with what shafts are available to golfers from said company. Meaning a shaft could fall in the middle for company A, as they have 3-4 higher launching options and for company B, could be the highest launching option available.

Good thought.

I’m going to have an extremely difficult time going away from srixon, I feel like this sole was built for me.

C649BBF8-C014-48FB-B78D-168489761201.jpeg

^^^^ 4 year old clubs, look at those babies!

The sole on that PW is HUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Wow.

I agree 100% with your comment on the V sole,
Every iron should be using this design.
As Srixon now owns Cleveland, I would think that this V sole would be incorporated throughout their wedge availability & design stateside? Cleveland doesn’t get it yet.

Am currently playing the Z 545, got em when they 1st came out, so 5 years now, they actually went to far if you can believe that
So I had them bent 2° weaker, (Had to get the gap wedge from Japan).
Still hit them great, 2 club championships
And a dozen rounds in the 60’s but am looking forward to trying the ZX 7’s next month at the PGAss.
Srixon is a monster iron maker.

Made the decision to get the AW as part of my set last night. All of these high pressure self negotiations are really taking their toll.....

Made the decision to get the AW as part of my set last night. All of these high pressure self negotiations are really taking their toll.....
Awesome!!!!

I will have some thoughts shortly on the ZX7.

5iron that was a nice draw. Little towards the toe and a bit high maybe
619903A6-63B0-4272-9429-74D732DEDBB7.jpeg

Okay the ZX7's where sent to me with Modus 120S shafts and he set them up 1 flat for me.
The shaft is not something I would normally choose, especially in S flex but it felt really smooth. I could feel the clubhead all the way thru the swing.
The V sole is just the best sole out there unquestionably IMO. Goes thru the turf easily and doesn't ever seem to hang up.
I was a full club shorter 10-12 yards distance wise compared to my Epic Forged. So with the EF I would hit a 7 155, with this 7 iron i was 145 consistently. That seemed to hold true throughout the set. Which does make it easy to know that I just needed to get the yardage and then compute and grab one more club.
I hit a lot of shots with the 6/7/8 today and it was fun!!!
You can tell when you are hitting center mass on these as the feeling is just really soft. Playing a 2020 CS there was not loud clicks, just a soft click of the ball sailing away. I was getting enough height to have a good decent angle to hold green. I never had one ball today that was farther than 6 feet from the ball mark. I think the CS was helping on that part a bit, and seems like a great combo.
I had a couple that I caught low (almost bladed shots) but they still got up in the air and didn't lose drastic distance.
I didn't really have any shot way out on the toe so can't really say how that shot would play out.
For the first time out with these I was very impressed and compared to the 765's I used to play these are better by 10X. I would buy these right now without hesitation.
I will be able to get them out at least 2 more times this weekend if the weather holds and try to have some better thoughts on them.

*takes back most of what I had just written telling Snicks to get off his *** and give us details..

Sounds like a hell of a good first outing! Congrats!! Was that a negative differential?!

Okay the ZX7's where sent to me with Modus 120S shafts and he set them up 1 flat for me.
The shaft is not something I would normally choose, especially in S flex but it felt really smooth. I could feel the clubhead all the way thru the swing.
The V sole is just the best sole out there unquestionably IMO. Goes thru the turf easily and doesn't ever seem to hang up.
I was a full club shorter 10-12 yards distance wise compared to my Epic Forged. So with the EF I would hit a 7 155, with this 7 iron i was 145 consistently. That seemed to hold true throughout the set. Which does make it easy to know that I just needed to get the yardage and then compute and grab one more club.
You can tell when you are hitting center mass on these as the feeling is just really soft. Playing a 2020 CS there was not loud clicks, just a soft click of the ball sailing away. I was getting enough height to have a good decent angle to hold green. I never had one ball today that was farther than 6 feet from the ball mark. I think the CS was helping on that part a bit, and seems like a great combo.
I had a couple that I caught low (almost bladed shots) but they still got up in the air and didn't lose drastic distance.
I didn't really have any shot way out on the toe so can't really say how that shot would play out.
For the first time out with these I was very impressed and compared to the 765's I used to play these are better by 10X. I would buy these right now without hesitation.
I will be able to get them out at least 2 more times this weekend if the weather holds and try to have some better thoughts on them.

Given loft differences, the change in club distances makes sense. Sounds like a solid round with them. I am keen to try these. I hit the z785 on two occasions and liked the feel and ball flight.

They're surprisingly good low on that face, right? Somehow it felt like a big improvement over the 785 there, but I have no idea how. Weighting? Whatever. I know I live in the skinny side and they surprised me there. I loathed the feel and result of shots like that with past ones. Shaft could definitely have played a role though.

10x better than the 765's you say :love: :love:.

If that's true, I need to try these out because I really played some good golf with those clubs!

*takes back most of what I had just written telling Snicks to get off his *** and give us details..

Sounds like a hell of a good first outing! Congrats!! Was that a negative differential?!
It was for both 9's. I though we where going to split the 9's like we usually do but he wanted to say at the tees we where playing.
Was a great first outing. These irons are money, grips suck though. ;) I'll have to change those.

Given loft differences, the change in club distances makes sense. Sounds like a solid round with them. I am keen to try these. I hit the z785 on two occasions and liked the feel and ball flight.
I ht the 785's and tried them a couple different times, these blow them out of the water on feel. Not even close IMO.

10x better than the 765's you say :love: :love:.

If that's true, I need to try these out because I really played some good golf with those clubs!
I did to and loved the 765's, hands down these are much better, feel, looks and they have the tungsten back in the toe and that helps. I would pick these 5 times out of 5 over the 765's.

It was for both 9's. I though we where going to split the 9's like we usually do but he wanted to say at the tees we where playing.
Was a great first outing. These irons are money, grips suck though. ;) I'll have to change those.

:unsure::unsure:

..I honestly can't remember.. :LOL:

That’s saying something!
I mean we played in 45° temps most of the afternoon, and with feel that good I can't imagine how they feel when the temps arena the 80's.
I really thought I would be 2 full clubs shorter but it wasn't the case. You can really get down thru the ball with these and the V sole aids in that.
Just so much heavier than my EF irons.

Back