Barton Creek Foothills
Escondido
Barton Creek Canyons
Spanish Oaks

Private:
River Oaks Country Club

Public:
Golf Club of Houston

Within 30 minutes? None. Several at an hour to hour and a half.

White Bear Yacht Club. I may have missed a great opportunity to do it when a good friend was the Membership Director. Sadly, she is no longer there.

Pablo Creek, high end private club.

Accessible, I would say Palatka Golf Club, about an hour away but I will play it in the next month or so. Old school Donald Ross design and have heard it is alot of fun.

Wildflower in Temple is about the only one that comes close to that description, but it's a little over 30min away.
That's a good track. We need to get together and change that to a course you have played.

For me it would be Crystal Falls Golf Club and Twin Creeks Country Club. I've hear good things about both.

I think that is Club corp. We could meet up there sometime.
That's a good track. We need to get together and change that to a course you have played.

For me it would be Crystal Falls Golf Club and Twin Creeks Country Club. I've hear good things about both.

Seems reasonable. 👍

None. I've played every (full size) course in the Vancouver area at least once.

Hazeltine

Due Process - ultra exclusive and only a 5 minute drive from me.

Great course to play. Had the opportunity to play it once.

That is awesome! Seems like a great track.

Did you ever play Canton Brookside?? 🔥

Valhalla and Olde Stone(private club)- Kentucky

Olde Kinderhook, a Rees Jones design. I have played nearly every public and private course in the Capital District.

Saratoga National Golf Club. Doubt I will play there because even the lowest off [peak rates are too rich for me. Peak rates are $220 during the height of track season, and apparently they get it.

You ever play Windham Country Club up in that area? My in-laws have a house near Hunter and I've driven past it a couple times in the winter, wonder if it's worthwhile to bring my clubs in the summer and play there.

Blackstone National and Highfields

Only one that jumps to mind inside of 30 minutes is Robert Trent Jones (RTJ) GC. Walked it during the Quicken Loans but never played there.

The Open Course at The Country Club in Brookline MA. I have only played TCC once a long time ago and The Open Course is a composite course from the three 9s they have which isn't set up much.

If you stretch to an hour I have several including Myopia Hunt Club, Essex, Boston Golf Club and Newport CC (an hour and 15). Within 30 minutes TCC is the only one though.

La Jolla country club is just a few minutes away and I would love to get a round in. I have heard there’s a 20 year waiting list for members and membership dues are absurd so it’s not realistic.

Of courses that are a real option Maderas is about 30 min away and we are planning to play there in the next month or two. Can’t wait to get on there.

You ever play Windham Country Club up in that area? My in-laws have a house near Hunter and I've driven past it a couple times in the winter, wonder if it's worthwhile to bring my clubs in the summer and play there.

I have not played it. It's possible @Bernoulli, @ddec, or @O'Carroll may have.

For me its either Lochinvar or ShadowHawk.. Both have a reputation of always being in great shape and a tough test.

Back