Idle Hour Country Club in Macon, GA.

Mine is Champions Pointe in Southern Indiana. It's owned and designed by Fuzzy Zoeller. He has another course nearby to that I have played and I really enjoyed. These are easy though because they're public. I would really like to play Valhalla. I have watched 3 PGA Championships and a Sr. PGA there and it would be cool to play it.

I walked the course way back when Freddy won an NEC Wold Golf event.
I walked it once too during an event. Got to see Tiger there which was amazing!

I haven't played there either. Looks awesome 64.
I have a few buddies who are members but they can only bring guests on Tuesdays and it just hasn't worked with my schedule.

Mine is Champions Pointe in Southern Indiana. It's owned and designed by Fuzzy Zoeller. He has another course nearby to that I have played and I really enjoyed. These are easy though because they're public. I would really like to play Valhalla. I have watched 3 PGA Championships and a Sr. PGA there and it would be cool to play it.
Champions Pointe is pretty nice also. I like Covered Bridge a little better but both are fun courses. Let me know if you decide to go to either and need someone.

All but the Duke one are Private

Old Chatham
Carolina Country Club
Duke University Golf Club
Chapel Hill CC
Hope Valley CC
Raleigh CC
TPC Wakefield
Hasentree
Treyburn

When you join Old Chatham, I hope you remember the little people like myself.

Spring Hill. I've played most of the the private courses in Minneapolis but I've never known a member at this one. It's ranked in the Golf Digest top 100 in the U.S. each year and is a Fazio design. It's ranked as the best or 2nd best course in the state.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.25.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.25.07 PM.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 3
Since pine valley is a little beyond the 30 minute drive, I guess I'll go with Atlantic city country club
27625224_1817858538246919_1174495195106385564_o.jpg

Moraine Country Club
1610059502472.jpeg
But in real world it would be Browns Run as it just opened to the public not to long ago.

Sticking with only public courses, my two choices would be Seneca Hickory Stick, which is supposed to be one of the nicest courses around but I’ve just never gotten around to playing it. And Grover Cleveland, which is a basic muni course owned by the city, but in its former life was the Country Club of Buffalo and hosted a US Open.

With in 30 minutes, that's most of the Vegas Valley for me. With 70+/- golf courses in the area, there are several I have not played. Maybe 30, or so?

If I had to pick one, it would be The Falls GC located at Lake Las Vegas. From what I have been told, it's a pretty decent course.

What course is relatively close to you (let's say with in 30 minutes) that you have never played, but wanted to?
I knocked out the last one this past summer. White Mountain Country Club. As some know, I spent several years in my area working in golf course maintenance. One of the best perks about working in that industry is the reciprocal rounds that you get to play at other courses. I had played all of them in my area except White Mountain Country Club. Now, it wasn't really a bucket list course but I always did want to play it. Several times a round was set up but circumstances curbed the intended course of navigation. After I left the golf course industry, the reciprocal rounds, (obviously) dried up and, without being chummy with anyone that was a member (private club), my avenue to walk on were pretty much dried up. It wasn't anything that really bothered me but, still, it was the last course in my area that I had never played.

During a casual round at my home course, a fellow that I was paired with for the day asked if I was going to play the charity tourney at WMCC. I told him I wasn't aware of it and he gave me the details and the website to sign up. It was the first thing I did when I got home. Win, win. I got to play the last curse that I hadn't played and contributed to the local schools. Not gonna lie though, I wasn't super impressed with the course (especially considering the exclusivity). I'll certainly play again this year, though.

30 minutes doesn't get you to very many courses where I live. I'd have to go a little over 2 hours to find one that I'd like to play, but haven't (The Reserve at Moonlight Basin) and more like 3.5 hours to find one that I really want to play (Rock Creek Cattle Company).

Bellerive Country Club (2018 PGA) is 10 minutes from my house. I would love to play there.

Yeah, its one of the last for me to play. I crossed off Wynn a couple of years ago (before the re-build) and I played Cascata for the first time a month ago (actually, 2x in the last month!). SO HI is difficult. I know a few people who know people who are members, but I haven't got the invite. Plus its hard because I think you HAVE to have a member play wit you, no exceptions.

Is the Wynn worth getting hotel room to play? (At least that was required back in the day) And how was Cascata? Haven't played there either but I'm sure I'll eventually get over there.

As for playing SO HI, have you considered joining the UNLV golf team? :p

I have a number that I have never played in the area that are supposedly really good, but since we are rural, are outside of that 30 min range.

45 minutes away - Neepawa Golf Course, Boissevain Golf Course, Pleasant Valley Golf Course

1hr away - Clear Lake Golf Course (in a national park, trees everywhere, and a super historic course here)

2 hrs away - Minnewasta Golf Course (at a lake we go to every year, and it storms everytime and we don't get to play)

Is the Wynn worth getting hotel room to play? (At least that was required back in the day) And how was Cascata? Haven't played there either but I'm sure I'll eventually get over there.

As for playing SO HI, have you considered joining the UNLV golf team? :p
I've got 4 years of eligibility left!

I think Wynn is worth playing, but the cost is the question. I got on without getting a room, but then again I didn't have to pay for the round either. One of my buddies knew a guy that caddied there and he got us on. We just had to pay the caddy fee.

Cascata is incredible. Definitely play there if you can. Because of Covid and the lack of high-rollers coming to town, they've been running a lot of resident specials. It was $125 + caddy gratuity (they recommend $50), so $175 total. Still more than I like to pay for a round, but its worth it once or twice a year.

Two.

Charlotte Country Club
Quail Hollow

If I limit it to 30 minutes and and public there aren't really a ton. Only course within 30 I haven't played that I really look at and check at least weekly is South Course at Corica. It is always packed and only morning tee times are always released and snapped up.

If I expand it to private and public there are too many to count. If I do public only and include the whole Bay Area there are still a bunch. I don't make it to the South Bay or Peninsula too often for golf. I think Harding Park, Presidio, and Cinnabar are at top. But there are so many.

Last edited:
There's only one course within 30 mins of me.

Stretch it out to 45-60 mins, and there's Timberton in Hattiesburg and Grand Bear in Saucier that are high up on the want-to list.

University of Louisville Cardinal Club.

Hoping that changes this season.

Such a good course. I played it a couple years ago and it was great. Was considering joining but found a closer club. I’d play again there in a heartbeat though!

Valhalla and Olde Stone(private club)- Kentucky

Valhalla would be my top as well. I drive past it every time I come home from my current club, and stare every time, especially now that it’s winter and can see through the tree line better!

Back