Limited Edition: Ben Hogan Player’s Combo Sets in DBM Finish

These look fantastic! How can one not like Hogan irons?

Just got the email announcement from them a bit ago. So sharp looking! I hope a few THPers snap these up and give close look at how they fare.

Glad this finally happened. Hopefully they aren't ultra limited.

Damnit! I just bought irons. Quit teasing me with money I don’t have to spend.

These look sharp and after being shipped a Hogan 5i I can say they perform very well. Super consistent if not flashy. I’d rather have good gapping than hit a 6i 230. Sure that’s fun but I prefer 12-15 yard gaps starting at 125 with GW. Well maybe 120 now, results so far this year has me down 5 yards from last year. I also am off season so not really thinking much of that.
I posted in the same vein then bought, doh!

Glad I'd sold my cobras to pay for most of it. Now anxiously watch for the delivery

Reactions: J4U
Awesome looking combo set.

Dang it, dang it, dang it!!!! I swore to myself I was not buying new irons this year. Back, demon, back!

Just checked their site. $825 + tax with Recoil F3's.

Have a fitting on Sat at Club Champion. I'm really interested in these and the Srixon combo. I'm playing Titleist 735cms I've had for 14 or 15 yrs now, my third set of irons. Bought them barely played used off the rack. My first set were KMart Dunlops and second set was Lynx Parallax that were prob 1/2" - 3/4" too long for me (my ex-wife bought them for me and I had no idea you could get shafts cut. :) So really looking forward to a proper fitting. I'm hoping the Srixon and the Hogan's match up for me. If they both do I figure it'll come down to the shaft. If they put me in a shaft Hogan carries I think I'll go with these, so nice looking. If they go with a shaft Hogan doesn't have I think I'll go Srixon since they have more shaft options? Am I doing this right? I'm getting ahead of myself, right? These are so nice looking and the gapping is straight forward, but the Srixon v sole appeals to me and their combo blends sooo nice too. They're going to fit me into Taylor Made or Ping or Mizono, I know it. Arrrrrghhhhh. I love the DBM finish on these. Will order Sat if the fit is right.

Fantastic looking sticks!

Have a fitting on Sat at Club Champion. I'm really interested in these and the Srixon combo. I'm playing Titleist 735cms I've had for 14 or 15 yrs now, my third set of irons. Bought them barely played used off the rack. My first set were KMart Dunlops and second set was Lynx Parallax that were prob 1/2" - 3/4" too long for me (my ex-wife bought them for me and I had no idea you could get shafts cut. :) So really looking forward to a proper fitting. I'm hoping the Srixon and the Hogan's match up for me. If they both do I figure it'll come down to the shaft. If they put me in a shaft Hogan carries I think I'll go with these, so nice looking. If they go with a shaft Hogan doesn't have I think I'll go Srixon since they have more shaft options? Am I doing this right? I'm getting ahead of myself, right? These are so nice looking and the gapping is straight forward, but the Srixon v sole appeals to me and their combo blends sooo nice too. They're going to fit me into Taylor Made or Ping or Mizono, I know it. Arrrrrghhhhh. I love the DBM finish on these. Will order Sat if the fit is right.
Don't forget the Hogan's have the v sole. Srixons are pretty awesome too so you've got some good options floating around your noggin.

I paid $840 plus tax for Tour-V XS
Mine (gamers) have the TourV S hard stepped so would be cool to compare the PTX this season? The icons are on the short list.

That looks goooood.

I can't believe I did it, but I just couldn't resist. Just ordered a set with Recoil F3 shafts. Lord help me.

Mine (gamers) have the TourV S hard stepped so would be cool to compare the PTX this season? The icons are on the short list.
I'm on the fence to play them, part of me wants to but part of me wants to keep them unused.
Ordered with no grips on them to give me the option of putting what I want on.

Thats what I said too, I'll just look then next thing is I'm buying them :oops:
I usually don't fall victim to impulse buying, but I couldn't stop myself this time.

This a great offering by ben hogan - enjoyed my time with DBM metals from a different OEM.

Hogan makes great irons, pretty sure this will be a winning combo

The Hogan DBM finish is amazing! I have 2 wedges that have probably 300 rounds on them that prove that.

So I guess Hogan has caught up with shipping and manufacturing in a pandemic, received my UPS notification that they are ready for pickup today

@JB do you know if Hogan made these numbered or is there any special packaging that makes these limited (1 of 500 etc)?

@JB do you know if Hogan made these numbered or is there any special packaging that makes these limited (1 of 500 etc)?

I do not believe they are numbered, but I can say based on what I have heard, there are less than 500 sets total.

Back