Post THP Showcase

MH

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious how much influence tech week had on your club plans for 2021. For me, the show case of the Callaway line up pushed me to change all my plans for 2021. I was set on rolling into 2021 with my G410 lst and have since tested and purchased the Epic speed max LS. The apex pros are constantly in my head and I can’t get them off my mind even though I have a brand new set of jpx 921 irons sitting in my garage. Tested them with the mmt shaft & was blown away.

Did anything surprise you during the week and pushed you to at least exploring a certain club or brand that wasn’t on your radar? Thanks @JB, @Canadan, @Jman & @jdtox for a great info filled week. My wallet is not as thankful as I am .

Completely altered my anticipation of what I might play this year, totally and completely,

To be honest I couldn’t see you playing one length long term so I’m not surprised

So much goodness on display. 921 Forged or HMP, Apex or Apex DCB, and ZX5 irons all looked fantastic.

Sort of...haha. I wasn't really looking to get a different driver this year, but am now looking at two. As always, the new UT's will get a look as well. What a great presentation and delivery of so much information! I was completely taken back about how it went from what I thought it might be.

Both THP and the OEM's did such a great job breaking down the questions, tech, and product. Let alone showing us all how to actually do the golf swing. Monster performances!

Last edited:
I didn't think I was going to be in the market for a new driver, at all. But after seeing the new information in the Epic line up, I'm considering a change big time.

No it did not change my plans, it just reinforced my desire to get some Srixon irons!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I loved all the info but it’s not going to effect my decision because I am getting a full fitting in 2 weeks and going to go with whatever works the best for me.

One exception is Luke might cause me to get a white hot OG 7 just because I have always loved the 7

First thanks to our staff guys for taking the time and making the effort to bring everyone all this information from the Tech Studio. And thanks to the manufacturers for their involvement.

I really enjoyed all of the information about the different lines of clubs. I’m not in the market for irons this season but I was taking notes on the Callaway, Mizuno and Srixon irons. Now if I could only find a way to have @Canadan hit my iron shots for me. Even though it was on a sim, it was an absolute pleasure to watch Dan hit irons.

Am in the market for a new driver replacing my G400 MAX and it didn't change my plans on which driver I'll be getting.

Bit the bullet on a new set of Hogans this week. Still pondering a driver change.

I’m not sure it changed my plans for 2021, but potentially for later on down the road. If anything, it made me very curious about the Callaway iron offerings; especially the Apex Pro considering I’ve never gamed anything from that brand in the past.

Ultimately, this week has really secured in my mind that there are some phenomenal people working at these OEM’s and that I truly value the THP community. The week absolutely flew by!

Wouldn't say my plans have changed, but I have regrets. I changed most of my bag last month and I regret pretty much my entire setup in my bag 🤷‍♂️

If anything, it reinforced my desire to go all in on Mizuno.

The Showcase confirmed I have an iron problem, as in, I want them all!! Seriously, so many sets I could easily play based on looks, and the overall package that each company presented with them.

It also showed me that there are so many incredible products out there from a multitude of companies. From the big guys like Callaway, to the smaller guys like Tour Edge and everyone in between, there is a product that will appeal to everyone. Whether its looks, feel, sound, performance, value, every golfer could come away from the showcase with an entire bag of clubs that would be enjoyable for them. No doubt in my mind.

So in the end, the Showcase just made me continue to look at all my options, and realize I do have a golf illness, and the only prescription is more irons! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

First thanks to our staff guys for taking the time and making the effort to bring everyone all this information from the Tech Studio. And thanks to the manufacturers for their involvement.

I really enjoyed all of the information about the different lines of clubs. I’m not in the market for irons this season but I was taking notes on the Callaway, Mizuno and Srixon irons. Now if I could only find a way to have @Canadan hit my iron shots for me. Even though it was on a sim, it was an absolute pleasure to watch Dan hit irons.
After a week in there, it reinforces how incredible it would be to have that available full time. I'd be hitting dimes all summer.

Also, surgery :ROFLMAO:

The THP Showcase (for me) gave me a week to validate my ability to hit a player iron, and do it with relative confidence and accuracy.

I leaned toward an iron head that has a bit more contact benefit than distance or forgiveness benefit, and I am committed to putting the time in with them to make sure they perform.

Outside of that, I've still got things to decide. Driver looks like a pretty easy one as well though.

The THP Showcase (for me) gave me a week to validate my ability to hit a player iron, and do it with relative confidence and accuracy.

I leaned toward an iron head that has a bit more contact benefit than distance or forgiveness benefit, and I am committed to putting the time in with them to make sure they perform.

Outside of that, I've still got things to decide. Driver looks like a pretty easy one as well though.
Since we didnt see you hit many (any?) drivers live, any hints as to which one it is?

Since we didnt see you hit many (any?) drivers live, any hints as to which one it is?
I hit two drivers during Showcase week.

One was the Cobra Radspeed and my thoughts are in the thread.
One is a driver I'm basically never going to talk about again.

Other drivers definitely on my radar:
1- One I can't talk about (yet)
2- The Callaway drivers that I didn't get to hit, but after gaming Flash SZ I'm very curious
3- Srixon - Their tech story is fun (and different)

Not much. Been planning on Radspeed OL for several months now. I was surprised by the Callaway Apex 21 offerings and if not for wanting to try OL the DCB would have got a hard look. Still torn between Radspeed and Epic Speed/Max Drivers but won’t make a move until the fall, just went Mav Max in that dept, I can’t afford to pay full retail every season.

I hit two drivers during Showcase week.

One was the Cobra Radspeed and my thoughts are in the thread.
One is a driver I'm basically never going to talk about again.

Other drivers definitely on my radar:
1- One I can't talk about (yet)
2- The Callaway drivers that I didn't get to hit, but after gaming Flash SZ I'm very curious
3- Srixon - Their tech story is fun (and different)

I did see the > 165 ball speed and > 300 yards with the Radspeed.

I did see the > 165 ball speed and > 300 yards with the Radspeed.
With BStone RX too, so it's not like i was 'chasing' the ball speed.

Once I improve my path a bit, I bet that's EASILY over 170. I'm pretty excited about that because I am used to chasing 170 with my very best swings.

If I was in the market for irons I would be getting a set of Srixons. I enjoyed the Friday showcase and those will be on my list to own someday.

If I was in the market for irons I would be getting a set of Srixons. I enjoyed the Friday showcase and those will be on my list to own someday.
Crazy good. I love what they have evolved their Srixon offerings into.

Back