Which 2021 Driver for You? Why?

Well then... Eff that driver. :LOL:.

i’m not sure what i’m gonna do. i don’t feel my driver swing is good enough to make a decision. it’s hard being bad at golf haha

I am going to give the B21 a real chance, even though my eyes have been wandering with all the new releases. I have a standard 45" Rogue White 130Msi that's currently in it. I also bought an uncut Project X LZ driver shaft that I want to trim to play at 46" or even 46.5". It'll be more of an experiment or possibly a scramble driver, but I want to see how I get on with it.

You know, you really aren’t helping my thinking that I don’t need a new driver this year. You’re making it very difficult.

I don’t need a driver, but I’m going to look at the Radspeed XD. A draw bias is very good for me.

yes smattered in the different threads.

max ls was too low spin for me, and actually exacerbated my left miss.

g425 max sat way too closed for me and again i missed left badly.

epic max gave me the best performance. less left miss, still good sound and feel. fast ball speed.

tsi2 was something i tested last year and pounded. i loved it.

Interesting on the425 Max. Did you bother to try the weight toe side and sleeve in flat?

TSi2 is VERY good. Seems all around solid.

The EpicMax adjustability def seems to one up the TSi2.

I don’t need a driver, but I’m going to look at the Radspeed XD. A draw bias is very good for me.
I don’t need one and didn’t really plan on looking at one. But if the XB is all that and a bag of chips for some others, I might have to talk to it and look at it.

Interesting on the425 Max. Did you bother to try the weight toe side and sleeve in flat?

TSi2 is VERY good. Seems all around solid.

The EpicMax adjustability def seems to one up the TSi2.

we didn’t move the weight around. honestly i hated the closed face and wouldn’t game it on that alone. i’m wondering about the lst.

i’m not sure what i’m gonna do. i don’t feel my driver swing is good enough to make a decision. it’s hard being bad at golf haha
Haha
Is there a pressing need for a decision? Go hit everything about 5 more times and something is bound to rise above the current muck.

Fighting the urge to even review and research at new drivers. The B21 with the RCH shaft worked great for me in 2020. Why do I have this sickness?!!

I have a ZX5 on the way to battle my Mav Max. If that doesn’t pan out TSi2 is on deck for the top spot.

After today's fitting my 2021 driver has been ordered. I ended up in the Ping G425 LST with Rogue White 70 shaft. Let's gooooooo!!!!!!

TSi3.. but i'll probably sit 2021 out and wait for next years' releases.

I am probably going to go with RADSPEED driver. I tested it against the XB and I feel like the RADSPEED gave me a bit more penetrating launch and was rolling out a bit more than the XB. I play into and out of the wind quite a bit at my home course so this should help me a bit. The real test for either will be can I continue the good driving I have been doing with the Big Bertha B21. It has been a fairway finding tour de force in my bag.

Ugh. After putting the B21 in this week again and laughing maniacally at what it lets me get away with, the 2021 throwdown is now between....

EXS Pro
B21
Radspeed
ST-X
ZX5

:oops:
I was a terrible driver of the ball and I am hovering around 70% fairways hit with the B21. It really doesn't make sense how good that head is for keeping the ball on the planet and near where I aimed. I can't imagine what you are doing with it. When my swing is good it's point and shoot. When my wing is bad, it's aim down the left and hit high fades that land on the right side. Stupidly consistent.

I recently went to a fitting and was fit into the Cobra RADSPEED XB!

I need a little more distance off the tee due to the length of the par 4s at the new course I joined. So I will go with the one that gives me the biggest increase from among the new Callaway Epic models, the Tour Edge EXS220, and the Cobra Radspeed. I lean towards the Callaway as it would give me the option of using a couple of other shafts I have.

I am probably going to go with RADSPEED driver. I tested it against the XB and I feel like the RADSPEED gave me a bit more penetrating launch and was rolling out a bit more than the XB. I play into and out of the wind quite a bit at my home course so this should help me a bit. The real test for either will be can I continue the good driving I have been doing with the Big Bertha B21. It has been a fairway finding tour de force in my bag.
I’ll be interested in your opinion between the B21 and Radspeed. For now I’m just experimenting with shafts in B21. I am a Cobra fan it pains me to see the speedzone setting to the side. The B21 was getting me drives in Arizona up in the 260 or 270 range with longest being 291. I can’t complain about that.

I was a terrible driver of the ball and I am hovering around 70% fairways hit with the B21. It really doesn't make sense how good that head is for keeping the ball on the planet and near where I aimed. I can't imagine what you are doing with it. When my swing is good it's point and shoot. When my wing is bad, it's aim down the left and hit high fades that land on the right side. Stupidly consistent.
The amount of distance retention on “misses” is pure insanity.

I’ll be interested in your opinion between the B21 and Radspeed. For now I’m just experimenting with shafts in B21. I am a Cobra fan it pains me to see the speedzone setting to the side. The B21 was getting me drives in Arizona up in the 260 or 270 range with longest being 291. I can’t complain about that.
I think if I can get a little more penetrating flight and rollout without losing the accuracy I will be happy. After hitting the Fujikura Motore X F1 the feel from the shaft is very similar to my Project X Eevenflow T1100 so that should be similar. I want the reduced spin of the RADSPEED and I will probably stay at 10.5* loft. I don't want to deloft since I think the RADSPEED will be lower spinning than the B21 by a little bit.

One thing noted from demo'ing the RADSPEED is that the head is super stable feeling. Even out on the toe it has a really powerful feel and I was seeing consistent distances with it which is huge for me. I only drive it 220-230 so I can't be giving up much distance on misses.

I went for a driver fitting yesterday wanting to get the ping g425 to work for me but ended up going with a brand I've been loyal too the last 2 epic cycles. Callaway epic speed 9* with hzrdus smoke 70 gram.

I tried the following:
1. Ping max 425 9* with ping pro 70 gram stiff and Mitsubishi av blue 65 gram stiff - initial impression is it has a large footpring and looks amazing. Sound/feel was loud but not irritating - kind of like a tin can inside an aluminum bat - dispersion was very nice but I couldn't get the same ballspeed I was seeing with the other drives I was hitting. Spin was low 3k / high 2k 129-131 ball speed.

2. Ping lst 425 9* with ping pro 70 gram - initial impression is more compact to the max and a more muted sound comparable to a composite driver which I am more familiar with. Ball speed similar to the max but more penalizing with my high toe miss. And tended to pull thsi one more than usual. While nice, so far I was leaning towards the 425 max.

3. Cobra rad not sure on shaft forgot to take picture but was 70 grams - initial impression I liked the look of this ball the best. Feel/sound was good also ball speed was low-mid 130s and distance was comparable to the 425 max. However on miss hits for me there was a significant drop in distance. So, while I think it had the best look of all the drivers I tested, I was looking for more forgiveness.

4. Callaway epic speed 9* with rogue white shaft stiff and hzrdus smoke black 70 gram stiff - this driver wasn't even on my radar as I wanted to try something other than callaway for once. First impression is it is more compact, but a taller face which I liked. And was the most "clean" looking. However I still think the rad looked the best to me. Sound /feel was a muted thump and a good sound. As for performance, ball speed was high 130s consistently with some low 140s. Best dispersion an flight came from the hzrdus smoke shaft. I piped a few with this one thst felt amazing and the ball flight is something I've wanted for a long time in a driver (flat and piercing with decent roll out)

5. Hzrdus epic max with hzrdus smoke in stiff and Mitsubishi av blue - while the head looked nice, and the feel was pretty good, was way too spinny for me and my miss produced a huge balloon slice so not for me

6. Taylormade sim2 9* with tensei raw blue 60 and hzrdus smoke black 70 both stiff- initial impression is this crown was very in your face wijt the carbon fiber / white and sound/feel were very similar to the epic speed for me. . Ball speed numbers were nearly identical to that of the epic speed. I piped a few with this one thst were incredible with a desired fall. Flight.

So, in conclusion, it came down to preference and how it framed the ball. And to me, I went with the Epic Speed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I just moved into a PXG Proto and I have to say I am very impressed. Previously had a Speedzone and this feels more forgiving so far. Like very forgiving for this type of head. Very muted sound as well which I love.

I've played a Ping G400 Max at 9 degrees for over 3 years. Before that, I played Callaway for years.

Demoed the Mavrik last year, bought one for my son. Loved the feel. Since they've evolved it and I can trade for 50% more, I decided to get a Speed and Max since I have so much to trade, and find which one fits best after I get fitted for a TPT Red Shaft.

Back