Which 2021 Driver for You? Why?

brian7770

Taking More Lessons and Working on Consistency
Reaction score
Handicap
So which 2021 model driver are you going with, or which do you predict if you're still awaiting a fitting like I am? In addition, why is that your pick? Which shaft? Please feel free to share your story. 2021 models can also include the latest Titleist models.

I have a driver fitting next month, and I saw all the new models on the shelf yesterday when I went for a lesson. I'm super excited to see what works out best for me. I would say forgiveness is going to be most important for me, but I may need something to help keep the spin down as well. In the end, I'm hoping one or several models will give me confidence over the ball and give me good results. It would be nice to actually have a decision to make.

I'll try to update with my fitting experience later next month.

Either the G425 Max or PXG 0211.
I’m going to hit both at a demo day next week. With PXGs pricing ($275) unless the Ping is unbelievably great, it will be an easy decision.
I can get a PXG 3 wood also and both clubs will still cost less than another new OEM driver.

Epic Max LS. Shaft is still undecided. Either MMT 60s or the LIN-Q Purple.
So far the MMT has produced the best results as far as launch, ball speed, spin and dispersion. Haven’t hit the Purple yet.

If you have confidence in the fitter put yourself in their hands. Don't be afraid to ask if there are some clubs you want to hit but trust the process.

Absolutely! I fully intend to go with the flow to get to where I need to be.

Either the G425 Max or PXG 0211.
I’m going to hit both at a demo day next week. With PXGs pricing ($275) unless the Ping is unbelievably great, it will be an easy decision.
I can get a PXG 3 wood also and both clubs will still cost less than another new OEM driver.

I can understand considering budget, and that's why I'm just as excited to try the new Mizuno models.

i’m pretty torn, fortunately a driver fitting will answer it for me. the only driver i have no desire to try is sim2. if i had to narrow it down to 3 i’d say:

tsi2
max ls
425 max

but i also want to hit radspeed, st-z, and zx5!

Staying with my Callaway Mavrik SZ 9°. Shaft I have 3 choices, stock Riptide, Tour Ad IZ5 or a Blue Ventus all regular flex all play to 45 1/4 inches. Shaft leader right now is the Tour AD.

I'll probably just keep playing the EXS220... Thinking about the ZX5 and 0211 driver... But I have a TM fitting next month ;)

I'm undecided actually. I think it will be the RAD Speed regular head but I had such good success last year with the SZ Xtreme its hard not to consider that again. I know I will get more ball speed and distance from the regular head but accuracy is a big deal.

Looking at the Radspeed, New Epic, and Sim2 to start, but not ruling out a few others.

Looking to schedule a full bag fitting once all the releases are available.

Really want to try the RAD line. But I plan on keeping my Mav Max in play until fall. I’ll jump on a B21 when they hit CPO, or a Radspeed in the fall.

Really want to try the RAD line. But I plan on keeping my Mav Max in play until fall. I’ll jump on a B21 when they hit CPO, or a Radspeed in the fall.
I forgot about the B21. That club had some great reviews. Gotta add that to my list

Radspeed vs ZX5 vs ST-X

Admittedly, I'm really interested in the forgiveness of the "Max" models, but I could end up needing a little help reducing spin, so I wouldn't be surprised if I need an "LS" type model as long as it isn't lacking in forgiveness. With what I've seen of the current models, it does seem like they've aimed for forgiveness even in their lower spin models.

If I can get my driver swing half way corrected this spring, I will give the B21 and the ST-x a fair shot for the bag. I'm going to have to see some fair improvement from them to bump my ST200 out that I added last September though.:cool:

Radspeed XD. Because I’m intrigued by the Draw Bias. I will also try the B 21.

Sticking with the Ping G410. I have so much confidence with it at the moment, I really don’t see how anything would outperform it right now. I may have a hit with the G425 just out of curiosity.

Callaway B21, I don’t think I’ll have to look any further.

I put the titleist TSi3 in the bag. I was a pretty early adopter on this one but it really good. I have not had much opportunity to hit it outside on the course but it feel so easy. Paired with a ventus blue the ball speeds are great, the sound is outstanding.

There are still some really good drivers coming out I am for sure curious but I am not sure much will provide much more than this does.

What a great time to be a golfer, TONS of excellent choices from a multitude of manufacturers...

I am planning to stick with the Mavrik Max but certainly will give the Srixon ZX, Cobra RADSpeed, Callaway Epics, and maybe a couple others a few swings if opportunities present themselves.

I ordered a customs Callaway Eoic max LS and I will also most likely keep my g410 lst as a back up

TSi3 until something actually knocks it out. Love the look and sound, it's good with my miss, and I have about 50 rounds in with it now where the numbers are ridiculous. Tons of faith in that club.

Back