SeeMore Putters Thread

Yes, I understand the concept of RST and, or, hiding the red dot. Also I recognize the the benefits of same.
However, if a player has a tendency to aim the putter face left or right of the intended target line (which nearly all players do), I don't see how RST changes that tendency.

I’m not sure I really understand what you’re expecting. Are you expecting the putter to aim itself? The RST guide is at least going to align the putter to the line it’s aimed at whether that’s the right line or not. That’s more than most putters do.

I’m not sure I really understand what you’re expecting. Are you expecting the putter to aim itself? The RST guide is at least going to align the putter to the line it’s aimed at whether that’s the right line or not. That’s more than most putters do.

I agree that RST promotes squaring the shoulders-body to the putter face, and also promotes at address a good functioning position of the head/eyes. Yes, absolutely this is more than a putter without RST does.

I agree that RST promotes squaring the shoulders-body to the putter face, and also promotes at address a good functioning position of the head/eyes. Yes, absolutely this is more than a putter without RST does.

So, what's the issue again? That a golfer could have perfect alignment aimed in the wrong place?

So, what's the issue again? That a golfer could have perfect alignment aimed in the wrong place?
I don't think there's any technology to correct somebody who doesn't know how to aim a putter/read a green. You can have the most perfect stance, grip and alignment possible, but if you're not pointing it in the right direction it's not going in the hole.

Kinda like having a rifle with a scope that's zeroed in to where you could shoot out the eye of an ant at 100 yards - the technology is perfect, but if you can't put the crosshairs on the target, you ain't gonna hit it.

Last edited:

"Perfect alignment" equals aimed at the target line.
The "issue" is that RST promotes the body to be aligned square to the putter face, not necessarily that the putter face is square to the target line.

I don't think there's any technology to correct somebody who doesn't know how to aim a putter/read a green. You can have the most perfect stance, grip and alignment possible, but if you're not pointing it in the right direction it's not going in the hole.

Kinda like having a rifle with a scope that's zeroed in to where you could shoot out the eye of an ant at 100 yards - the technology is perfect, but if you can't put the crosshairs on the target, you ain't gonna hit it.

So think of RST as the scope. It's a tool to help achieve your goal in an easier manner. Sure it's ultimately up to the user whose hands it's in but it helps make it easier to accomplish what you're trying to do, make a putt.

The "issue" is that RST promotes the body to be aligned square to the putter face, not necessarily that the putter face is square to the target line.
So, RST is designed to help with players align to their target line.

But that's not good enough because golfers don't aim at the right target line? Sounds... unrelated.

that's exactly how I see it.

When I went through the SPi process back in the day, I absolutely LOVED how much of it had to do with eliminating variables. You have to accept that there are a LOT of variables in place when trying to make a putt - it's nice to have a couple of them eliminated.

So think of RST as the scope. It's a tool to help achieve your goal in an easier manner. Sure it's ultimately up to the user whose hands it's in but it helps make it easier to accomplish what you're trying to do, make a putt.
Exactly. I have a SeeMore (courtesy of @Jman and THP), and really like the RST. It does what it's designed to do - if I can't aim the putter at the hole, that's on me.

I came across a used platinum m5ht out of sheer luck for a ridiculous price. Its the best feeling putter I’ve ever played. But I really dont understand the purpose of the seemore line up device. I played with it once outside But I’ve been putting indoors for the last 2 months due to frigid temps and I’m wondering if I may have more use for it in a real world setting?

I never lined up and noticed any of the red marker. I’ve never thought I had great line up but I really never thought I benefitted from it.
Maybe I’m doing it wrong?

So, RST is designed to help with players align to their target line.
My understanding is that RST is designed to help players align their body square to the putter face.
For aligning the putter face to the target line it seems SeeMore company suggests practicing with the Triangulator (or other training device designed to promote putter face alignment square to the target line).

This doesn't make sense in that where you set the putter up IS your target line. As far as the ability to actually read a green successfully, that is a separate issue of putting and outside that of RST, face alignment, or body alignment. The key with RST is to eliminate the BIGGEST variable in putting for people, and that is face alignment at setup, it does so marvelously. Now, if you pick a crappy line, then that is your green reading skills and not at all about the target line, which is where your putter alignment will be accurate set to the target line which you selected with your specific green reading skill level.

There is a reason I put the VAST majority of my HS golfers into a SeeMore with my own money and purchases, it flat out works, and it makes people better putters through variable elimination. Period.

Last edited:
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills reading this conversation. I’d call it out as trolling if we weren’t talking about someone with over 5000 posts. Here’s the bottom line though.

No putter will ever be able to determine the proper target line and point itself at it.

If anyone is expecting that from RST, your expectations are completely unrealistic.

Can we all move on now?

My understanding is that RST is designed to help players align their body square to the putter face.
For aligning the putter face to the target line it seems SeeMore company suggests practicing with the Triangulator (or other training device designed to promote putter face alignment square to the target line).

To piggyback on what Jman said, your first statement is not quite correct: RST is designed to help players align the the putter face square to their intended start line (or target line if it's a straight putt)

You do have to practice a lot (regardless of putter brand) to train your eyes to see the correct line to the target (most players are not good at this - even good putters don't always line up square to the target line).

The RST does eliminate that variable of being lined up with the putter face not square to your target line. And after a a long time using SeeMore putters, I will say I don't even notice the RST, but when I do check my stroke, the red dot is always hidden and my shaft stays between the white lines, so I know if I'm missing putts, it's not because of a poor setup, and probably not because of not being square at impact (although that's harder to see without a high speed video camera)

There is a reason I put the VAST majority of my HS golfers into a SeeMore with my own money and purchases, it flat out works, and it makes people better putters through variable elimination. Period.

Just curious James; what models do your HS players prefer - or what models do you steer them towards?

I like this idea - at least for the JV players & girls on our teams. I think they might be willing to try different putters. The varsity guys are already too set in their ways

Just curious James; what models do your HS players prefer - or what models do you steer them towards?

I like this idea - at least for the JV players & girls on our teams. I think they might be willing to try different putters. The varsity guys are already too set in their ways
I ask mallet or blade of them. Makes it easy, blade kids have most of my M1's and M2's now, previous group that graduated were big on mFGP's. Mallets usually end up FGP2/mFGP2.

I ask mallet or blade of them. Makes it easy, blade kids have most of my M1's and M2's now, previous group that graduated were big on mFGP's. Mallets usually end up FGP2/mFGP2.

Do you ever recommend the Mini Giant Deep Flange to them? That’s the model that currently has my curiosity. I have an mFGP now that I’m very happy with, but I wonder if the deep flange forgiveness will make an already great design even better.

Do you ever recommend the Mini Giant Deep Flange to them? That’s the model that currently has my curiosity. I have an mFGP now that I’m very happy with, but I wonder if the deep flange forgiveness will make an already great design even better.
Shameless plug here, but, have you read this? https://www.thehackersparadise.com/seemore-mini-giant-deep-flange-putter-review/

Its definitely a more forgiving putter, but its got a different feel to it too. Size makes it super easy to align too IMO.

Shameless plug here, but, have you read this? https://www.thehackersparadise.com/seemore-mini-giant-deep-flange-putter-review/

Its definitely a more forgiving putter, but its got a different feel to it too. Size makes it super easy to align too IMO.

Great review. Thanks!

It sounds like it does what I was hoping for. I’m not expecting huge gains over the mFGP, which I‘m putting better than ever with, but just a touch more forgiveness when mishits do happen. I really like that it still looks blade-like even if it’s in mid mallet territory.

Great review. Thanks!

It sounds like it does what I was hoping for. I’m not expecting huge gains over the mFGP, which I‘m putting better than ever with, but just a touch more forgiveness when mishits do happen. I really like that it still looks blade-like even if it’s in mid mallet territory.
I'll tell you what. Since you're a Albatross member, shoot me your shipping address, when we get past this snow snap, I'll get my Mini Giant DF dropped off to you, only request is you post and let us all know how it goes! Sound like a deal?

I'll tell you what. Since you're a Albatross member, shoot me your shipping address, when we get past this snow snap, I'll get my Mini Giant DF dropped off to you, only request is you post and let us all know how it goes! Sound like a deal?

That sounds absolutely amazing. I don’t know what to say. Thanks!

I’ll absolutely post feedback. I’ll even put it up against my mFGP and see if I can reproduce the results from your review.

That sounds absolutely amazing. I don’t know what to say. Thanks!

I’ll absolutely post feedback. I’ll even put it up against my mFGP and see if I can reproduce the results from your review.
Boom. It shall be done! PM me your shipping info!

Here are some of our many videos that can help you become more consistent during your round of golf or if you are just using your SeeMore as a training aid (everyone should have at least 1. :)) DG_1234 - always happy to help - give us a call anytime (office closed today 2/16/21 due to inclement weather) or email us at info@seemore.com (615-435-8105)

Take a look at 1:57 mark.

Here are some of our many videos that can help you become more consistent during your round of golf or if you are just using your SeeMore as a training aid (everyone should have at least 1. :)) DG_1234 - always happy to help - give us a call anytime (office closed today 2/16/21 due to inclement weather) or email us at info@seemore.com (615-435-8105)

Take a look at 1:57 mark.

I am thinking about a SeeMore and will watch these videos tonight when I get a chance.

I am thinking about a SeeMore and will watch these videos tonight when I get a chance.
You won’t regret it. Variable elimination at its finest!

Back