What's your TOP 5 Super Game Improvement Irons??

Nalajr

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what the top 5 sets of SGI irons are. They don't necessarily have to be in the SGI category, they can be any category of irons you want. Lets say your best friend, who is a 18 handicap, came to you and said he was going to get a new set of irons in 2011 and wanted your help in narrowing his choices. What irons would you tell him to put on his list to go and check out?

I'm curious to see what you all put on your list.

Thanks

Nalajr

The TaylorMade Burner series is a great run of irons. My friend played the older set and now has the new 2.0s. He loves them

There are so many forgiving sets right now.

I would normally recommend a THP Demo Day and say have at it.

Here's my list and it's always subject to change:

Taylormade Burner 2.0's
Cleveland CG16's
Wilson staff Di11's
Callaway RAZR X
Mizuno JPX 800

Here's my list and it's always subject to change:

Taylormade Burner 2.0's
Cleveland CG16's
Wilson staff Di11's
Callaway RAZR X
Mizuno JPX 800

OEM, are the mx200's similar in forgiveness to jpx's? If so, I hardly classify them as SGI irons.

Tap before talk.

I'm with JB , but the next best thing is a fitting. If that isnt possible Those Ping K15 helped my Buddy.

That would be the best choice! Try em all if you can would be advice.

OEM, are the mx200's similar in forgiveness to jpx's? If so, I hardly classify them as SGI irons.

Tap before talk.

Agree with JB , I don't think so. The JPX were pretty forgiving when I played them for a round.

I have demoed and hit the Ping G15s.They are some of the easiest clubs to hit I have ever tried. I would have them in my bag now, but I'm looking for a club that's a little less game improvement.

I love my Diablo Edge's. I was a 20 handicap when I got them and they have helped me bring it down to 13 in a little over a year. Plus, they just had a price drop on them recently. Real easy to hit and very forgiving.

These aren't exactly SGI clubs, but if I had a buddy with an 18 HC that wanted to know my top 5 irons to try they would be:

W/S Di11
Cleveland CG16
Cally RAZR X
Adam OS series - any of them 3,4, or 7
Cobra S3

Those are my personal favorites of what is currently out there. It's a personal thing, of course.

I have hit these five at demos days.

1. Adams V3 hybrid/irons
2. Wilson Staff Di11
3. Burners 2.0
4. Cleveland HB3
5. Cleveland CG16

Don't listen to us, it's such a personal thing. Just go somewhere and try out a bunch.

I have the JPX 800 and I love them. I hit several clubs prior to going with these and the launch monitor showed these to be the best for me at the time. I would go to your local shop and hit several on a monitor and have them keep track of your pattern. Take a look after you have hit them and see what you have. That is what Roger Dunns did for me and the JPX pattern was grouped the tightest and had good distance. not the longest club I hit but the grouping was tight.

Plus I think they look Awesome.

I also feel like they are very forgiving but they do not have that huge SGI look like some clubs.

But like others have said you need to try as many as you can and see what fits your game.

I agree, by going to demo days and hitting the clubs, you can see which works best for you.

Don't listen to us, it's such a personal thing. Just go somewhere and try out a bunch.

Back