Ugly Putters - What's Your Choice

Monza Spider is really ugly, and also the original FGP like Hawk said above.

+2. That one is ugly for sure. This one is a close second;

article45_gr8.jpg

That is terrible. That should be given to the person who rolls the worst putt in the putter contest. Lmao.

Well speaking for all the horrible putters out there, I refuse to bag that thing

Ummm. ALL of SC's mallet/progressive style putters. And that freaking Squareback of his. Actually rolled all of his current line today. Pretty nice feeling, but my god some of them are ugly at address.

Love the Squareback

Love the Squareback

REALLY??!!? Wow, lol, I hated it. Like I said, felt great though. They all did. Not 300 bucks great though, but that is for another thread.

the star trek putter

star-trek-putter.jpg

Oh yeah, while I am thinking about ugly putters,

Any putter that looks like it was stolen from a puttputt course,
Rife's putters, I cant stand that insert,
Axis Putter,

Callaway Tuttle was a pretty ugly putter but man did I love that putter. Loved the sound off of it.

Ping Wack-E is the ugliest putter in my mind. I don't know if I should putt with it or throw a net over it and haul it back to the zoo.

ping_wacke_i_lge.jpg

Last edited:
I am just back from the proshop and saw the Never compromise gm2 exhange 3 putter, looks even worse in real life!
1004448.jpg

To Scotty, I think all the putters he makes looks bad..

Ping Wack-E is the ugliest putter in my mind. I don't know if I should putt with it or throw a net over it and haul it back to the zoo.

ping_wacke_i_lge.jpg

Hahahahaha

The Odyssey Tri-Ball is one of the worst I've seen.

we all used to rib a buddy who had one. Looked like a pie plate on a stick.And we let him know it.
What was even worst he said he was draining them when he demo'ed it compared to all the others he tried. But on the course his putting went from really good to horrific. The mental abuse from playing partners maybe might of had a hand in that..

Bobby Grace Fat Lady

I have always hated the SC Futura, I believe Phil actually used this one for a short while.

tour_futura_02_lg

That, along with this:
DeTour.jpg

They might not be the ugliest creations of all time (some of the Ping models and the Star Trek spaceship one take the price), but these two Scotty models are such detours *drumroll* from what my idea of a Scotty Cameron was. Clean, classy putters and they are just fugly.

Dang, just ran across this while looking at intheholegolf, it is a Zen "RDE" ZM1 and sells for $325. It is supposed to be a training aid, full time putter, but I have not been able to find anything as to how you use it as a training aid.

zen-mallet-2.jpg

any cameron mallet...

That, along with this:
DeTour.jpg

They might not be the ugliest creations of all time (some of the Ping models and the Star Trek spaceship one take the price), but these two Scotty models are such detours *drumroll* from what my idea of a Scotty Cameron was. Clean, classy putters and they are just fugly.

:shame:
I'd have to agree. And, I have both of them although my futura is the phantom (black) model. . .

This has ugly written all over it....

axisputter.jpg

Odyssey Sabretooth and that putter that looks like the Starship Enterprise. The Sabretooth putts really well though and Id probably consider putting one in my bag if I got a really good deal on one.

I don't know why but there are 2 that stick out in my head...

The Odyssey 3 Ball's
411XmfQTKhL.jpg

The Ping Doc 17's
post-11-1133808568.jpg

I would rock the hell out of that Enterprise(TM) putter.

The SeeMore FGP is one of the ugliest putters, I think. Even though I game one, I have never liked the looks of it. Fortunately, at address it looks pretty decent. It's just when you look at it from behind that it fits into the ugly putter category.

My submission is the big and heavy Snake Eyes Mamba putter. That said, one of my local pros said it is one of the smoothest putters he has ever hit and my wife is currently gaming it.

Question for all of you, any suggestions on a big headcover that might fit this? It longer than a 2-ball putter and obviously more square. I am having a pain finding a good headcover.

images

I don't know why but there are 2 that stick out in my head...

The Odyssey 3 Ball's
411XmfQTKhL.jpg

The Ping Doc 17's
post-11-1133808568.jpg

I remember reading something about how the Doc 17 was 12" across when first designed. :laughing:

Back