COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

I think I might have to get a Supernova. I don't need it, but the want is high.

Hoping GG in Okc has them in house today. I’ll be trying them out if so.

It was the one on 394 in Minnetonka.

I am a slant neck guy so I really liked the Nova 40 and the Stingray 40. They did feel really good!
Nice I ordered the Stingray-40

Hoping GG in Okc has them in house today. I’ll be trying them out if so.
inquiring minds would love to know if GG has them out.

I really need to go by one of the locals and roll these. I knew what I was going to order a few months ago when I saw Dufner playing the proto, but it would be cool to see them all.

I am interested in trying these. Does it come with an Arccos sensor? I usually play a 33” putter, but 34” with an integrated sensor would probably work. I had my mind pretty set on a different putter if it was released, so I will likely wait to try both.

I really enjoy the Lamkin (made for) SinkFit CC grip on my super sport- if it is installed correctly I think SS fans and CC fans would like the pairing

I had a Vintage Nova arrive today. Shape is good, size is good, roll is still good. The one thing I don't like is that it feels super light. Now that could just be because I've been rolling the Agera which is heavier, but man just with the early rolls on the Truline green, its hard to draw the putter back at the pace I want it to.

I had a Vintage Nova arrive today. Shape is good, size is good, roll is still good. The one thing I don't like is that it feels super light. Now that could just be because I've been rolling the Agera which is heavier, but man just with the early rolls on the Truline green, its hard to draw the putter back at the pace I want it to.

Time to break out the lead tape while you wait for your weight kit to come in!

Is it Thursday yet? I'll have my Supernova before my round this weekend, but I'd prefer to be rolling it in my basement today.

Agera and a Nova? Nice! Does the insert feel the same on both or do you notice a difference besides the weight?

Agera and a Nova? Nice! Does the insert feel the same on both or do you notice a difference besides the weight?

Right now the biggest difference is weight. The insert feels pretty similar, although I noticed some change in tone out on the course Friday on a couple of putts. I'd be curious if I get that same thing with the Nova. It does feel like the lie angle is slightly different, but that could be the overall shape and size difference playing tricks on me.

The only one I need to muddle around with now is the arm lock styles.

The only one I need to muddle around with now is the arm lock styles.
Might as well add one to the stable haha

It's here! I expected it to look bigger in hand, but this isn't bad at all. Looks wise I love it. Rolled a few quick ones before a work call and snapped a couple quick pics. First impressions are that the roll is definitely there that I'd expect after gaming a Sik putter since late last year. The putter also feels super stable through the stroke, which is something I'm hoping will help me as I tend to get a little handsy sometimes. Putter cover doesn't look bad but Velcro is a no go for me. Good thing it fits quite nicely in my SWAG mallet cover! I'm not 100% sure on the grip yet. I game a SS on my Sik, so I don't mind the texture but not quite sold on the shape yet.

More thoughts after I get some time. Onto the pics:

IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg

I think it looks pretty good

I almost didn't even notice the black part outside the wings. I think it looks fantastic! Really wish there was a slant neck version though

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the overall look for sure. Couldn't help myself and ran down to the basement to roll a few more putts. Also grabbed a couple comparison pics with it next to my O-Works Red #7, which should be a standard Odyssey 7 mallet. Not much size difference at all other than the wings on the back.

IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0180.jpeg

Couple things I noticed after rolling a few more with it. First off, that small rounding you see at the back of the "fangs" makes it pretty easy to pick up a ball with it. Not a huge deal but I know that's important for some of us! Second is sound. There's definitely a little higher pitch report than most of the putters I have here. Wasn't super noticeable when putting with Chrome Softs, but was easy to pick up on when I hit some of my less premium practice balls I have marked up for practicing my roll. Not something that's a deal breaker for me if the roll is there.

I almost didn't even notice the black part outside the wings. I think it looks fantastic! Really wish there was a slant neck version though

It almost reminds me of a Spider X with the middle/back cut out.

I like how the top line seems a bit more narrow compared to the 7

The more I see this Supernova, the better it looks. I need to find one in person soon.

So it looks like although GG will sell these putters, none of the stores within 100 miles of my location have them within the stores themselves - shipping only, and they only have a very small amount of them. Pretty disappointing - hoping that gets remedied soon.

Back