Town names that make you giggle.

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
In a discussion with @J.B. Cobb III about a different subject the names of towns in close proximity came up that could probably go for a change. What you got? This is in the next county over. KY is full of poorly named cities/towns. Screenshot_20210611-173926_Chrome.jpg

Haha.

I’ve been through there or at least seen the sign driving through there.

Ding Dong, Dumas, and Kermit always come up with texas towns.

Also west texas towns around Lubbock always cracked me up with how boring, but accurate their names were.
Shallowater, Levelland, brownfield, plainview, post, etc

3CA0747F-94AB-4D02-9FB4-B7F3223DCE99.jpeg

Intercourse, PA

There's also... pee wee valley, big bone lick, big beaver, monkeys eyebrow, bugtussle, and chickenbristle, 88 and 44 are here close as well.... brilliant.

Ding Dong, Dumas, and Kermit always come up with texas towns.

Also west texas towns around Lubbock always cracked me up with how boring, but accurate their names were.
Shallowater, Levelland, brownfield, plainview, post, etc
What’s wrong with Dumas? Or for a matter of fact any of those names. Thems fighting’ words!

I lived my formative years in Niceville, FL. Worked at a hotel on the beach a couple of summers in high school and whenever a guest would ask me where I am from and I said Niceville, thes response was always "I love Nashville". Lol

Not particularly funny, but always used to see the sign for this on vacation on my drive between LA and Vegas. WTF is this all about?!?!
B96F6BA2-8D10-4FBF-B1A5-F0EF92CC6B23.jpeg

A actual sign in Maine,
9fbfe8172925c3cd6d125ee91aebe912.jpg
😎

apologies for any repeats here....

Bat Cave (N Carolina); Beer Bottle Crossing (Idaho); Boring (Oregon); Bowlegs (Oklahoma); Chicken (Alaska); Condom (France); Disappointment Island (New Zealand); Dull (Scotland); Fart (Virginia); Fleatown (Ohio); Hell (Michigan); Innaloo (Australia); Lost (Scotland); No Name (Colorado); Peculiar (Missouri); Stiffknee Knob (N Carolina); Ugley (UK).

California, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Blue Balls are all towns in Pennsylvania.

Then there’s Athol, Massachusetts.

Some I’ve come accross on the driver to Myrtle beach:

Dumbfries
Manasses

A few funny streets:
Gumbolimbo lane
Whatchuthink road

California, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Blue Balls are all towns in Pennsylvania.

Then there’s Athol, Massachusetts.

Lancaster County has some interesting named places including Intercourse, Paradise, Blue Ball and Bird-In-Hand. Paradise is not far from Intercourse.

Not particularly funny, but always used to see the sign for this on vacation on my drive between LA and Vegas. WTF is this all about?!?!
View attachment 9012672
Well, there is the town of Zzyzx to go with the road. Can't say I've ever stopped there when going through though.

Whynot, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Bat Cave, Lizard Lick, Boogertown, Horneytown, Toast, Meat Camp, Loafers Glory, Climax all towns in NC. Climax’s town motto, I kid you not, is “where friends come together!”:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back