Recent content by lemmiwinks

1. lemmiwinks

#THPCallOut - lemmiwinks vs. RC11. A #TheCup preview battle.

Date: Friday July 1st Time: 9:00am Course: Twin Brooks CC - Watchung, NJ Lemmi and RC11 are getting out for a little #TheCup preview match. This will be the first #THPCallOut for both of us and actually my first time teeing it up with another THP'er. Pops: straight up. Lemmi is entering at...
  2. lemmiwinks

2016 #TheCup Travel/Extra Rounds

Figured I'd get this thread going. I'm still undecided if I'll be heading down (driving from NJ) Wednesday the 20th or Thursday the 21st. If we have enough guys around for a round on Thursday, I'll more than likely head down Wednesday to play Thursday. Will be heading Monday AM. Extra Rounds...
  3. lemmiwinks

GolfTec vs. Golfsmith Fitting?

I plan on finally getting fit for irons and wedges this off-season and am weighing my options. My local Golfsmith has GolfTec in it. They offer a few different fitting services. A Golfsmith fitting which is $49.99 and the cost is free if I purchase clubs from them. Then there is a GolfTec...
  4. lemmiwinks

Back after a break

Been absent from the boards for a few years. Added a 3rd lil' one to the fold and that really put a damper on my overall free time as well as golf time (limited to around 7-8 rounds the last 2 years). Needless to say, the lil guy is older and my middle son has been bugging Mommy to "let Daddy...
  5. lemmiwinks

My week in Myrtle Beach

This is gonna be kinda long. Got back on Saturday from my week vacation in North Myrtle Beach. The plan was to leave on Friday 8/26, stay over halfway because we had about 8 people traveling from NJ that included 3 kids (15, 15 and 4). I was just easier to stop and stay and go the rest of the...
  6. lemmiwinks

Bad experience at a local muni.......

This is going to be a long post but I'm still kinda fired up. Understand completely if ya skim or skip, haha. So Friday, I decide to take my little guy out for another round of golf. He's come with me about 3-4x in the past 6 weeks. He's 4, has a set of clubs for his size (D, 9i and putter). I...
  7. lemmiwinks

Anyone been to a Callaway Performance Center?

Checking out the website and it looks like there's only about 15 retail locations around the US. There's one about 30 minutes from me outside Philly. I called and talked to someone and got some info about pricing, etc. Cost is waived if you purchase irons ($75 for iron or woods, $125 for both)...
  8. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

I played there before my 8 year hiatus when it was Pine Hill before Trump bought it and made it private. Great course.
  9. lemmiwinks

To be in the 80's.......

Sorry folks, not the decade :alien:. My goal this season is to become more consistant and be in the low 90's high 80's by the time fall rolls around. I've been out of the game for about 8 years. With 2 boys (15 yo and 4yo) there wasn't much time for golf with baseball, football, baby and...
  10. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

No sweat man. Thanks for the info. Do you sign up for q GHIN# there too or on GHIN.com?
  11. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

Is that through GHIN.com or a different subscription site. I'm on GHIN.com right now and can't find anything about a sign up fee and discounts, etc.
  12. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

You've convinced me Jay. Think I'm taking him out next Friday (right before Father's Day) to do 9 holes somewhere. If it's going good, will try and finish out the 18. My plan is to have him tee off about 50yds from the green and play in from there. Scott
  13. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

I have not had him out on a course yet. Figured his attention span would not last a full round. Plus I'm still not sure which courses would be friendly to having him ride along.
  14. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

Same schedule as me. I'm M-TH too and off on Fridays. I usually take my 4yo boy to the range on Fridays but I'm down to play a round one of these Fridays.
  15. lemmiwinks

THP New Jersey

Don't know what time everyone likes to play, but if you don't mind twilight golf, you should check out this coupon book: http://www.golfingforeu.com/ We've played RiverWinds, Valleybrook, Ramblewood and we're doing Deerwood on Sunday all for buy one get one free greens fees from the book. We...
Back