Jzier139

Reaction score
Handicap
8.0 GHIN
Didn't see anything like this but thought this would be a good place for the New Jersey Member of THP to meet and greet. Hopefully we can all find some new playing partners.

I guess a short intro, name and general location, avg. score or handicap would suffice to start.

Here's mine:
Jason, Jay or JZ.
Middlesex County NJ
GHIN 9 handicap.
I'll play anywhere. Always eager to play new courses since Middlesex County probably has the worst in the state, with the exception of Rutgers University Golf course.

Ricky
Morris County NJ
Will play anywhere.
Handicap: 26 (slowly dropping after 2 years off)

Canio and I were going to play a round this Saturday if anyone is interested in joining us.

Middlesex county here also.

Have u ever given The Meadows at Middlesex a try? It's not Augusta but not bad for a county course, better tha the Tamarack courses anyway...

But I've played all over NJ

Last edited:
Middlesex county - Edison
Play a lot of middlesex, somerset and union county golf.
Mid/low 90's and some 100's :D
Yet to play with a fellow THP member
Recent courses played - Ashbrook, Green Knoll, and Rutgers

Anyone up for a round this Saturday? I had already discussed playing with Canio this weekend also.

I'm down Thainer's way in South Jersey right outside Philly.
Playing Deerwood CC in Westampton on Sunday.

Got my Handicap down to around 23-24 after 7 rounds this year.
Hadn't played in about 8 years until this spring so I'm still working the rust off.

I am iin the Philly area as well!!

i would be in for a round

Anyone from Northern NJ lol? Geeze, you southerners..lol

Dan
Live in Philly, work in Princeton/Piscatawy
Hdcp 5

I'm down Thainer's way in South Jersey right outside Philly.
Playing Deerwood CC in Westampton on Sunday.

Got my Handicap down to around 23-24 after 7 rounds this year.
Hadn't played in about 8 years until this spring so I'm still working the rust off.

Deerwood is a hidden gem, don't tell too many people about it... :wink:

Has anyone ever played Minebrook in Hackettstown, NJ? I played there once but can't remember it. I am thinking about playing there on Saturday.

Has anyone ever played Minebrook in Hackettstown, NJ? I played there once but can't remember it. I am thinking about playing there on Saturday.

Don't waste your money... Played it once, they ran an outing in front of us so poorly that it was a 6+ hour round. Gave me a certificate for a free round but i have never used it. I would rather pay to play elsewhere than play there for free...

Well alrighty then. Thanks for the heads up. I don't really want to play Rolling Greens again. The amount of goose dung really bothers me. I actually had to move my ball on the 15th green so I had a line on the hole without mounds of goose crap in the way.

Minebrook is cool. Decent rates with free replays, cart included, and they usually give you breakfast or lunch (bagel or burger) People there are nice and the course is usually in decent shape. We get over there maybe 2-3 times a year.

Middlesex county here also.

Have u ever given The Meadows at Middlesex a try? It's not Augusta but not bad for a county course, better tha the Tamarack courses anyway...

But I've played all over NJ

Agreed, Meadow's is the best of the county courses. Kinda holding a grudge against MCIA. This year I've been bringing my 6 yr old son wout with me when I play with my Golftec coach. Through lessons we've become more friends that student/teacher which is great because now every week we play together. Played Beaver Brook, Bunker Hill and a few others with no problem having him with us. All we do with him is (pace of play in mind of course) is let him tee off, we pick up his tee shot and then drop 50 yds from green and have him play in, never allowing him to slow us) Every course besides Tamarack encourage him to play. Tamarack wouldn't let him out with us. 1st it was because he made 5. Then when they were told he wasn't going to play it was "no spectators allowed". After a back and forth I got my money back and haven't been there since. Funny how almost every show Michael Breed does he mentions how rounds of golf are down and the future of the game is through children yet these clowns frown upon it. I could see if it was a country club but it's a dump.

Well alrighty then. Thanks for the heads up. I don't really want to play Rolling Greens again. The amount of goose dung really bothers me. I actually had to move my ball on the 15th green so I had a line on the hole without mounds of goose crap in the way.

If anyone ever invites you to play Miry Run, stay away. Far, far away.

I'm probably a little overly biased from my experience... probably wouldn't be a bad day if the pace of play wasn't so bad (and they did nothing about it)... too far of a drive for me to chance it and have it be bad again... if I was local i would probably give them another shot... some of the holes up in the hills are nice

If anyone ever invites you to play Miry Run, stay away. Far, far away.

ah come on I had a 600yd drive there... down the runway of the airport that in in the middle of the course...

Northern New Jersey here. Sussex County. 5 mins. away from Black Bear. About 20-22 handicap (haven't played enough to establish handicap). I'm going to a Nike demo day on Sat. I'm up for a round after that on Saturday.

Didn't see anything like this but thought this would be a good place for the New Jersey Member of THP to meet and greet. Hopefully we can all find some new playing partners.

You can go into your User CP and go to Join Groups and create New Jersey group. There is a lot of groups already there, and if you keep it in this thread it is going to get buried soon.

Sorry I never got a chance to call you back yesterday Canio. I still want to play Saturday. Hoping to get a few more THPers also.

ah come on I had a 600yd drive there... down the runway of the airport that in in the middle of the course...

Hilarious! I bet that place used to be really nice? The par 3 with the runway behind it was cool. Played Miry last week on an invite from a friend. I'm going to invite him to Tamarack on the weekend for revenge! :angry:

Don't know what time everyone likes to play, but if you don't mind twilight golf, you should check out this coupon book:

http://www.golfingforeu.com/

We've played RiverWinds, Valleybrook, Ramblewood and we're doing Deerwood on Sunday all for buy one get one free greens fees from the book.
We also got $20 each off our round at Harbor Pines in Egg Harbor Twp.
Most of the deals are after 1pm or 2pm on the weekends, but if golfing later in the day doesn't bother you, it's well worth the price of the book.
Some of them are anytime of day during the week too.

There's also 2 deals to get on Woodcrest CC and The Links at Marlton which are two private courses in the area.

Hilarious! I bet that place used to be really nice? The par 3 with the runway behind it was cool. Played Miry last week on an invite from a friend. I'm going to invite him to Tamarack on the weekend for revenge! :angry:

Or you can wait until it rains a little bit and then invite him to play The Meadows in Lincoln Park. Somewhere around the 5th hole you will need to convert your golf cart to a golf boat. And dont forget to bring the mosquito net. Hate that place. And they charge over $70 on the weekends.

Back