Recent content by stewarthans45

1. S

Attending a Major Championship

I've never been to any PGA event since there aren't many of them where I live in northern Illinois but im planning on going to the PGA Championship this August at Whistling Straits. Have any of you ever been to a PGA event or a major? What was your experience and if you follow someone with a...
  2. S

Timeline for Ping Order

Has anyone had any recent experience ordering from Ping and how long did it take from the time the order was placed. The only threads I can really find are all for custom orders. I was fit on Friday morning the 27th for a set of red dot g25 irons with the stock stiff shafts I didnt think that...
  3. S

Drank a bottle of Johnny Blue with Bone Thugs n Harmony

Friday night I stopped into the hotel I work at in Rockford Illinois with a buddy to grab my clubs from my office. So we walk into the lobby and sitting there at 1am is a woman wearing a suit next to two rather large body guard looking guys which seemed strange but anyways I was just there to...
  4. S

Ogio Cart Bag

Does anyone own or have any experience with any of the Ogio bags? I'm looking for a new cart bag and like the looks of the Ogio line of bags but have a couple questions / concerns. one thing I have noticed is most of them don't have a handle or area for the cart strap to hold the bag in place...
  5. S

Hitting into the group ahead

How many of you have been hit into on the course and what is your normal reaction? Before I tee off I always make sure the group ahead of me is well out of range before I step up and hit the ball. I generally drive 270-280 and if I'm on a 350 yard par 4, I will wait until whoever is ahead of me...
  6. S

Stolen Clubs

Anyone ever had their clubs stolen before? Especially at the course? Yesterday a guy went in to grab a drink after finishing 9 and when he came out someone had taken off with his whole bag. The course is in a nice area and id never heard of anything like this before. Even before this happened I...
  7. S

Adjustable Drivers

Im currently on my 3rd adjustable driver first being the TM superquad, then the R11 and this year the R1. I've only owned the R1 for a month and i'm ready to get rid of it. Dont get me wrong I think it's a great driver and when Im hitting it well its one of the longest I've hit but Im just no...
  8. S

Handicap?

Last year I used an online calculator to figure my handicap from 10 scorecards and came up with a 22. Over the winter I did quite a bit of work and in the 6 rounds ive played so far this year I am playing better with the greatest improvement being in my short game. So i took my 6 score cards...
  9. S

Overcast, Yellow balls

Just wondering if anyone else ever uses a yellow ball when it's cloudy or overcast. I've never really played a yellow ball until last week I decided to pick up a pack of Bridgestone b26 in yellow when it was mostly cloudy last week. So much easier to spot over a white ball. I think from now on...
  10. S

G25 with I25 shaft

Last week I demoed the g25 and loved this driver over my current r1. A bit higher launching for me but the dispersion was much better than my r1 and I like the look of the g25 better. I ended up ordering a g25 with a stiff 65 gram pwr shaft from the i25 since this is supposed to be a lower...
  11. S

VRS Covert Driver

I currently have the R1 driver in my bag and am debating getting a new driver. Ive tried the ping g25 and the titleist 913d3 and liked both of them but I havent yet hit the nike vrs covert driver. I really like the look of the covert driver but has anyone here hit it or against the other drivers...
  12. S

How is the Weather where you're at?

Im in northern Illinois and dying to get out on the course. The 24 inches of snow we had accumulated all winter have finally melted and after a couple of days of 50 degree weather it was starting to look like some courses might start to open around April 1st. Then yesterday the temps dropped...
  13. S

Coldest Weather You Have Golfed In?

I'm debating getting out and playing a round in the next couple hours but the temp is only going to be 38 by 11am with 20 mph winds. Around midway through the round it looks to be 42 with winds still staying around 20 mph. Coldest temps I can remember golfing in have been 48* with 10 mph winds...
  14. S

Finally broke 90

Made it out for the first time this season yesterday, only played 9 but shot a 45. This morning I got 18 in and shot an 88 beating my best score by 6 strokes. Not my best driving or putting day but it looks like all the work I have done with my irons over the winter is really paying off. Best...
  15. S

Input on Wedge Lofts?

Im trying to make sure I have any gaps between club lofts covered and am not sure if I should change my current setup. My lofts are as follows: Driver: 10.5*, 3 Wood: 15*, 5 Wood: 18*, 3 Hybrid: 20*, 4: 22*, 5: 25*, 6: 28*, 7:32*, 8: 36*, 9: 40*, PW: 44*, AW: 49*, 56* wedge 14* bounce, 60* wedge...
Back