CONTEST Grandaddy Prep Trip: Pick the winner each day

Dubs is very gettable and leaves you thinking you could/should have shot better....but if you dont have your approach shot working that day, it will be a looooooong day
As I was saying to @MattyD-MPLS on the drive home yesterday - Dubs is really a "Mind-F" for you... you see the tight chutes, the massive traps, and the elevation and you start overthinking shots. "I need to hit a 15 yard cut around these trees and clear that trap and then I'll be in a good spot." No - really hit it short of the traps, hit a solid second shot, and give yourself an opportunity to score... instead my group had 39 shots from the bunkers yesterday and the only hole we didn't have a bunker shot on was 18. Play smart and you can score well.

So overall how did you guys like #2 and Dubsdread?? What were the highs and lows of each course?.... #2 is a very underrated course and for alot of regulars there its the favorite course of the 4

judging by the score cards it seems most of you had the same problems on #10 on course 2 as I do lol..... and #9 on Dubs is a B**** of a hole
Courses were punishing! They really ate me up when I couldn’t keep it out of the trees. I went 98 from the blues and 79 from the whites at #2 on Saturday with bogeys on 10 each time. I was conservative each time and tried to play my drive to the end of the fairway. But I was long with both approaches and ended up with 2 bogeys. I wish I was hitting it better off the tee because I didn’t have the opportunity to be very creative. Dubsdread was so much fun! I had an 84 all thanks to my putting. The bunkers made things challenging, but the course was fantastic. Again I couldn’t drive the ball, but course management was so important out there. I almost birdied #9 after taking the road less traveled to get to the green… 😆
F1975C6A-4459-4F79-849A-C99C3768677E.jpeg

Pro shop goodies made it home safely!
2379F058-6071-45ED-B017-EC542156637E.jpeg

Cool contest

Saturday: Team Grandaddy with 10.5 points
Sunday: Team Callaway with 12 points
Saturday: Team Grandaddy 10.5 Points
Sunday: Team Callaway 10 Points
Saturday: Team Grandaddy 10.5 Points
Sunday: Team Grandaddy 10.5 Points
So hard to pick against @Afizzle2100 nor @KY Golfer .... so:

Saturday: Team Callaway 10.5
Sunday Singles: Team Grandaddy 10.5

Saturday- Team Grandaddy 10.5
Sunday - Team Callaway 9.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ok I re-adjusted.......
so total weekend totals(ADJ):

Day 1: Best Ball 2-Man/Front/Back/Total
Team CALLAWAY 7.5
Team Grand Daddy 10.5

Day 2: Singles

Team Callaway 12.0
Team Grand Daddy 6

Weekend Team Totals:

Team Callaway: 19.5
Team Grand Daddy 16.5
Team Callaway- 11 Points
Team Granddaddy- 10.5 points

After a quick scan of guesses, these gentlemen have a shot at the prize. I will be doing another run through to double check soon and announcing the winners.
@GolferDad66 nailed both days!

Loved Dubs! It ate me up but I think that if I played it again I'd hit some different shots. Dubs is very scenic and the greens rolled true. The Ravines (#2) was a nice course. Greens were slow so I had a hard time getting the speed right. Some Mickey Mouse holes that with a few adjustments could be really good. I'd absolutely go play them again. Loved Dubs!

Basically sums it up for me as well.

----------------------------------------------------------

What a trip, and what a great time with the boys. @MattyD-MPLS thanks for putting this together!

I won't power tag everyone, but for those I played with, and those I just ate and drank with, what a weekend. I can't wait to see you all again!

So overall how did you guys like #2 and Dubsdread?? What were the highs and lows of each course?.... #2 is a very underrated course and for alot of regulars there its the favorite course of the 4

judging by the score cards it seems most of you had the same problems on #10 on course 2 as I do lol..... and #9 on Dubs is a B**** of a hole

I really liked 2/Ravines. I though the holes were much more memorable and different than Dubs. In a perfect world, put the greens from Dubs on the Ravines holes, and I’d be super happy

Ravines opens up with a really nice hand shake hole compared to Dubs! We were 2 under for the 8 golfers on Ravines and +10 for the 4 golfers yesterday. 😂

The precision needed for Dubs is off the charts. There are little fingers that they tuck pins on and make golf your balls.

After a quick scan of guesses, these gentlemen have a shot at the prize. I will be doing another run through to double check soon and announcing the winners.
@GolferDad66 nailed both days!
So GolferDad66 won?

So GolferDad66 won?
Nope, I am going to do a drawing later this week of all the people that got the day right. Shortly after getting home from Chicago, I repacked and headed up to a resort to meet my family for a couple days on the lake. I just quoted people to let them know they have a chance.

Nope, I am going to do a drawing later this week of all the people that got the day right. Shortly after getting home from Chicago, I repacked and headed up to a resort to meet my family for a couple days on the lake. I just quoted people to let them know they have a chance.
Ahhh. Ok. Hope the family time is being enjoyed on the Lake!

It was a blast this weekend to golf and hang out with this crew.

However, I am in no rush to play Dubs again. If I do; I will need to bring a beach chair or get a bunker lesson from @MattyD-MPLS

@jmix18 @MattyD-MPLS do I smell a Minnesota v Minnesota?! I sure hope Minnesota wins!
On this day while Minnesota won the match... the real winner was Dubs.... We looked like the Twins = Dumpster Fires - kicking it around the course.

My best round of the weekend was from the longer blue tees on Ravines. That course seems very fair and scoreable. I do agree with others that it would be even better if the greens were a tad faster.

I did think Dubs was fantastic but my biggest takeaway from the weekend was that I need to get in better shape. I started struggling on the second 18 of ravines and felt so sluggish the following morning. I wish I could have taken my first round swing and energy to Dubs as I thought it was a tough but fair test. I do hope to play both courses again one day!

My best round of the weekend was from the longer blue tees on Ravines. That course seems very fair and scoreable. I do agree with others that it would be even better if the greens were a tad faster.

I did think Dubs was fantastic but my biggest takeaway from the weekend was that I need to get in better shape. I started struggling on the second 18 of ravines and felt so sluggish the following morning. I wish I could have taken my first round swing and energy to Dubs as I thought it was a tough but fair test. I do hope to play both courses again one day!
Were you out of shape or just not used to that much golf in one weekend? I think that golf and the heat take it's toll and you use very specific muscle groups. The only way to get into better golf shape is too play more golf!

Were you out of shape or just not used to that much golf in one weekend? I think that golf and the heat take it's toll and you use very specific muscle groups. The only way to get into better golf shape is too play more golf!
I normally try to fit one round of golf in during the weekend and the rest of the time with my wife and kids. I've played 27 holes on occasion but I believe it was the amount of golf and the heat. Plus, for whatever reason I couldn't sleep Saturday night after all that golf in the heat. My whoop strap showed that I got 2 hours and 9 minutes of sleep. All of that compounded. Regardless it was still a fun round but I was mentally foggy and sluggish. I will be running, playing, and swinging more leading up to the event.

I normally try to fit one round of golf in during the weekend and the rest of the time with my wife and kids. I've played 27 holes on occasion but I believe it was the amount of golf and the heat. Plus, for whatever reason I couldn't sleep Saturday night after all that golf in the heat. My whoop strap showed that I got 2 hours and 9 minutes of sleep. All of that compounded. Regardless it was still a fun round but I was mentally foggy and sluggish. I will be running, playing, and swinging more leading up to the event.

I completely agree on being mentally foggy. I have very little recognition of shots I hit on Sunday. I can tell you shot by shot on most rounds.

One thing we did learn this weekend was that @xThor orders his appetizers like his Odyssey putters.. "I'll take one of each".. 🤣

I completely agree on being mentally foggy. I have very little recognition of shots I hit on Sunday. I can tell you shot by shot on most rounds.
I could take you through many of your shots… especially hole 1! Bawhaaa!!!!

Was browsing through this thread. Looks like y’all had a blast!

One thing we did learn this weekend was that @xThor orders his appetizers like his Odyssey putters.. "I'll take one of each".. 🤣
I didn’t blame him though…. Peer pressure?? Or just “yes ma’am”??

I could take you through many of your shots… especially hole 1! Bawhaaa!!!!
Longest shot of the day was green side bunker shot.

Back