Tacos: Soft vs Hard Shell

It sounds like this is what a lot of people would like in their perfect taco world

1632418054259.png

Have a soft shell to catch the mess that you make with your hard shell.

Hard. Every time. A soft taco is just a small fajita as far as I’m concerned.

Hard. I like the crunch.

Soft Corn Tortilla, the only way to eat a taco.

If we are doing burritos, soft flour is good.

Either way, soft.

Softshell because they don't generally fall apart as easy as a hard shell does.

That said I'm not against crushing up a hard shell taco in a bowl and making a taco salad.

Ground beef tacos, hard shell. Street tacos, soft corn tortillas. Not a huge fan of flour tortillas.
Another vote.

Soft for sure.
By the way this taco truck is the best in Rockford Illinois. And these incredibly brilliant entrepreneurs, smartly parked at a Marijuana dispensary….probably sold out in hours6A75A31C-7F1F-42C3-A340-C80796D77067.jpeg

Deep fried flour tortilla

I prefer soft corn tortillas for tacos, but either one, crunchy or soft, is okay as long as it's corn.

soft..............hard just crumble

Which do you prefer and why?
Soft tacos. I do not like hard food as much these days, including chips.
However, I would not not even a hard shell.

Flour tortillas. The bigger the better. Don't stop at the first fold. Keep going until that thing is a nice bundle of burrito. While I don't mind an occasional hard shell taco, soft shell tacos are better... but burritos are even better!:p

Not a big fan of corn tortillas. Flour all the way for tacos, but I prefer burritos

Soft. The U-shaped hard taco is an abomination. One bite and you have a plate full of taco stuffing and 2 torilla chips.

Soft 100%, crunchy breaks up and stabs your gums. I want to enjoy food not fear it.

Hard to beat a soft homemade corn or flour tortilla. I will eat crunchy, but much prefer soft shell.

Hot take here:

I prefer hard shell, since if you use a soft tortilla it become a burrito-lite.

Prefer soft corn, but if I am having honky tacos (lots of cheese and sour cream) give me a hard shell along with a big plate and a bib please.

Ground beef tacos, hard shell. Street tacos, soft corn tortillas. Not a huge fan of flour tortillas.

This is my take also. Hard shell for ground meat; corn for all others. Not a fan of flour tortillas.

Either or for me. Love them both.

Back