The I haven't been picked for it but am still getting ready for it thread

I’m hoping to make a return appearance to a THP experience. Some good ones coming up, but the MC is at the top of the list in hopes of checking that one off

im not doing anything any different other than being 100% honest with my game and it’s limitations, building around that with realistic course management and taking chances when it makes sense
Rooting hard for you sir!

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
So stoked to tee it up with @jdtox and win that cup!
Huge congrats!

Love this pick. Can’t agree more with you, @echico. Once you get into a team experience, you want in another immediately. I hope to get a THP experience again someday.

This will be a great ride @mtbloco. Enjoy

What????

I am blown away by this. So excited. I’ve got a lot of team MC and Team Paradise mentors to guide me through this.
Congrats…

I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I am keeping myself in better health. These experiences offer good motivation but I just feel better and want to keep it going.
I am starting with lessons again. I want to tame my tempo and play the best I can. I am in a couple of leagues so this training is not going to waste
I am playing competitively more this year. You have to know if you can sink that 4 ft slider when money or trophies are on the line.
3 rounds this year and 3 rounds walked this year. All in competition. I see you walking experience.
Need to restart my live posting again.

I have made an imaginary bag of Mizuno clubs, I have looked at all the info I can find leaked on Cobra clubs. I have read through most of the Granddaddy threads (Jeez the build up to that was like a second job....kudos guys). I am trying a new golf ball. I also have decided I am getting a full bag fit every year no matter what. It is entertainment dollars for me. If I choose to buy fine but most of the time it will be to see where I am.

You were a great opponent and competitor. You represented yourself and team extremely well. Really had a good time hanging out and getting to know you. I hope I can follow you in a ton of events and maybe tee it up with you again!

What????

I'll admit. I caught the THP experience bug last year playing in The Morgan Cup. I want to do more experiences! With that being said what are you doing since you know you are getting picked this year?

I am keeping myself in better health. These experiences offer good motivation but I just feel better and want to keep it going.
I am starting with lessons again. I want to tame my tempo and play the best I can. I am in a couple of leagues so this training is not going to waste
I am playing competitively more this year. You have to know if you can sink that 4 ft slider when money or trophies are on the line.
3 rounds this year and 3 rounds walked this year. All in competition. I see you walking experience.

I have made an imaginary bag of Mizuno clubs, I have looked at all the info I can find leaked on Cobra clubs. I have read through most of the Granddaddy threads (Jeez the build up to that was like a second job....kudos guys). I am trying a new golf ball. I also have decided I am getting a full bag fit every year no matter what. It is entertainment dollars for me. If I choose to buy fine but most of the time it will be to see where I am.

There is nothing like a THP experience and once you have been to one you want more. I have gotten myself in way better shape over the last year dropping almost 40 lbs.
I constantly work on my game with lessons and practice. The hard work is paying off and I am making good progress.
I really enjoy the competitive golf it is fun and I hope someday I get to play in a team THP event.
I read everything I can to learn all I can on the equipment and make sure I have equipment that works for me. I will switch things out as needed or if I find something that works really well.
Great playing today @echico and congrats on the win. It was fun talking afterwards!

You were a great opponent and competitor. You represented yourself and team extremely well. Really had a good time hanging out and getting to know you. I hope I can follow you in a ton of events and maybe tee it up with you again!
I'll get to Pearland don't you worry. 😉

Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise
Awesome! Congrats @mtbloco !

What????

DUDE YES so happy for you! It could not have happened to a better guy! Enjoy that journey Loco I can’t wait to follow it!

I just go about things the way I always have. Maybe a little smarter and slight more honest about where I am in my game. Some of that means recognizing I’m not as bad as I think. Some of that means understanding I’m not entirely clear of fault when a bad shot happens. It’s hard to believe but it’s not always my club’s fault. And a little bit of that is understanding how to set reasonable expectations. So mostly mental stuff.

I’m not as confident that I’ll get a chance to go to one of the THP Experiences as you are, but I can still hope.

And not to bury the lede or anything, but big congrats to @mtbloco. Of all the threads for a shoulder tap to happen, it’s here. So fitting. Hope you get to enjoy the ride. At least until it’s time to put on my Hacker Backer hat.

Wow. Congrats to @mtbloco enjoy the ride, 100% as you noted.

Well guess what? You don’t need this thread anymore. You just got shoulder tapped. You are headed to the 2022 Morgan Cup and joining the peoples captain @jdtox as a member of Team Paradise

Everything about his is awesome, except the Team Paradise bs…. Congrats @mtbloco and I hope you fair poorly ;-)

Congratulations @mtbloco glad you’re going to the MC!

Congrats @mtbloco !!!!! Huge news bud.

@mtbloco FTW!!! Congrats, buddy!!! I am so freaking excited for you!!

@mtbloco congrats!!!!! morgan cup is so special. some of the best friends i have on thp are from my mc year. go in with the right mindset and commitment to the event and be ready for the ride.

Calves. I feel you are the THP king? It’s been noted. @OldandStiff is a worthy contender. I’m feeling 3rd’ish in this unofficial unorganized unorthodox uncompepetition? 🤣. If it becomes one, give me 12 weeks, 🤣. I’m stupid scrawny right now, 🤣. I’ll need to eat my spinach for a bit.

But then where do you move to the muscled folks? @blugold types (no offense and meant as a compliment dude!)? I’m built similarly but not quite as broad post Covid kicking my ass for 2-3 months).

Back