Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers

I might have enough Chrome Tour to last me 2-3 seasons if ball loss continues at the usual rate.

Well I guess you lose less when you hit it short and only get 6 days to golf a year.

I don’t know. The hit it short part of the equation seems to be dissipating. You’ll be long enough off the tee to satisfy @Mmaynard11 in due time.

I don’t know. The hit it short part of the equation seems to be dissipating. You’ll be long enough off the tee to satisfy @Mmaynard11 in due time.
When he keeps launching it at 3° it confuses the heck out of me.

Ran in and picked up my driver today, my driver swing is hot stinky trash lately. I really like how it the driver sits now with the flat COG installed. I didn't warm up like usual as I was in a hurry. But the very few good swings I made showed great results. The bad swings weren't as bad as before either with the ball not snap hooking as bad. Once I figure out my swing this thing is gonna be a monster.

IMG_1486.jpeg

Ran in and picked up my driver today, my driver swing is hot stinky trash lately. I really like how it the driver sits now with the flat COG installed. I didn't warm up like usual as I was in a hurry. But the very few good swings I made showed great results. The bad swings weren't as bad as before either with the ball not snap hooking as bad. Once I figure out my swing this thing is gonna be a monster.

View attachment 9243349

Hot stinky trash and this is what we see, haha!!

Has anyone tried the AI Smoke Fast? Are there any reviews out there for this or comparing to it other new drivers for the slower swing speed players. Thanks

Put 3 additional rounds on this, to the point where I can figure out what’s good, what’s bad, what living off the toe does. Let’s start with the bad:

While better than not, missing off the toe on the TD is not pleasant. The ball still goes, but it ain’t goin like how you want. If it’s 12yds longer than what they used in their internal tests, that’s good and all, but I wasn’t seeing it. They were high toe, like oh Lord the imprint of the ball was like TOE and almost miss the damn face. The ball didn’t rip left, but fell slightly. That part? Awesome. The distance? Not great but not super terrible.

The good? Effing long if you catch it. My 265 FL average was more in the 270’s+ than less. I had a lot of irons into par 5’s this weekend in two than I did fairway woods, and I appreciated that.

Solid so far, I look forward to warm temperatures and maybe some roll.

View attachment 9243349
Ball speed 176mph is mind numbing. What were you seeing with your previous driver?

Ball speed 176mph is mind numbing. What were you seeing with your previous driver?
That's actually on the lower side of my norm. I was just working on getting warmed up but it was still one of my better swings today.

My previous driver would usually be around this to 180ish as well, just not as forgiving

Alright. Go lay down. Damn animal.
There are so many beastly swingers on this forum that I sometimes feel like I am participating in Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.

There are so many beastly swingers on this forum that I sometimes feel like I am participating in Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.
Menchy @Kmench isn't spewing internet golfer BS, either. I've seen it in person, he can freaking move the golf ball. It's a lot of fun to watch.

Menchy @Kmench isn't spewing internet golfer BS, either. I've seen it in person, he can freaking move the golf ball. It's a lot of fun to watch.
I honestly don’t doubt it for anybody on the forum who knows his numbers. There are a lot of younger guys with a lot of speed. I am just jealous. 😅

Found a weight to place behind the face. All I could get is the 8g to replace the 2g. Anyone have a lead on where I could get a heavier track weight or an extra one

12/14 Fairways hit today, and it was nowhere near my best day off the tee as far as quality of strikes went. The forgiveness of the Smoke Max really shined even when I wasn't hitting the center of the face, it kept a few on the short grass that had no right to be there. :LOL:

12/14 Fairways hit today, and it was nowhere near my best day off the tee as far as quality of strikes went. The forgiveness of the Smoke Max really shined even when I wasn't hitting the center of the face, it kept a few on the short grass that had no right to be there. :LOL:
That is impressive and exciting. I haven't gotten a chance to hit mine on course but this really has my confidence growing.

Are you keeping a yearly %? 12/14 is great.

Found a weight to place behind the face. All I could get is the 8g to replace the 2g. Anyone have a lead on where I could get a heavier track weight or an extra one

Has anyone tried the Epic Max LS weights? At least the shape looks like it could potentially fit. I have not seen AI Smoke aftermarket sliding weights yet.

That is impressive and exciting. I haven't gotten a chance to hit mine on course but this really has my confidence growing.
I hit the Max D on Friday indoors. I was quite happy with what I was seeing in numbers and in ball flight. It’s giving me something to think about.

Are you keeping a yearly %? 12/14 is great.
21 rounds so far this year (I've played the Smoke Max in all those rounds) and my FW percentage is 62%, with 18% missed left and 19% missed right.

I honestly don’t doubt it for anybody on the forum who knows his numbers. There are a lot of younger guys with a lot of speed. I am just jealous. 😅
Of course when I was swinging 117 to 120 club head speed nobody cared about numbers. That just told them you needed a stiffer shaft. Now at 100 to 105 we keep track of everything. Yes jealous.

Of course when I was swinging 117 to 120 club head speed nobody cared about numbers. That just told them you needed a stiffer shaft. Now at 100 to 105 we keep track of everything. Yes jealous.
Fast doesn’t always mean playable. For example: Me 😎

True, but I am talking about numbers from launch monitors. They don't have to be playable. Back then they still looked pretty as the went screaming over the treetops DEEP into the forest.;)

View attachment 9243349
318 carry lmao

You are the anti USGA and I loooooooooooooooooove it.

Back