Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

I relaize this has no bearing on actual golf whatsoever:

Sim golf last night, first time I have ever played and the iron carry was what I thought it should be. The work on the GC3 figuring out carry yardages pays off, with the most number of greens hit that I have ever had on a sim.

I love the Smoke irons.

I relaize this has no bearing on actual golf whatsoever:

Sim golf last night, first time I have ever played and the iron carry was what I thought it should be. The work on the GC3 figuring out carry yardages pays off, with the most number of greens hit that I have ever had on a sim.

I love the Smoke irons.

It definitely has some bearing on actual golf. You’ll see an initial adjustment in translating from the sim to the course, I think, but those yardages will largely hold true. Obviously, you lose the nice clean sim mat and add in quite a few variables. But the Smoke irons will perform for you!!

AI Smoke 5-PW, AW, GW
KBS C Taper Lite Xflex
+1/4” long
1* up
MCC Black Blue grip (will be switching to UTX cord Blue/Green)

I love it. Wonder if these will eventually become your regular gamers?

😍🤔

There’s a good chance this is what I take for the Bag Boy Championship. Just a matter of how I’m getting on with them vs Apex at the time.
I’m gonna wager they will make an appearance at Bag Boy. Give them a chance and I bet they won’t leave the bag easily

There’s a good chance this is what I take for the Bag Boy Championship. Just a matter of how I’m getting on with them vs Apex at the time.

I’m guessing the biggest thing for you will be dialing in yardages? I’d imagine you get some serious juice from these…

I’m guessing the biggest thing for you will be dialing in yardages? I’d imagine you get some serious juice from these…

Biggest thing I’m chasing right now is dispersion. Yardages aren’t very much of a concern. I want to hit some darts

Biggest thing I’m chasing right now is dispersion. Yardages aren’t very much of a concern. I want to hit some darts

Is it weird that I’m like really, really excited you’re getting these irons? I think they sometimes get brushed aside as only targeting mid/higher handicaps. Meanwhile, every lower cap I’ve had hit these have loved them. And saw better numbers than their current gamers. They obviously aren’t for everyone but I think they’d be good for a whole hell of a lot of golfers - a number of mid-to-lower handicaps included.

You’re a really damn good player and I just can’t wait to see how they perform for you over time.

Is it weird that I’m like really, really excited you’re getting these irons? I think they sometimes get brushed aside as only targeting mid/higher handicaps. Meanwhile, every lower cap I’ve had hit these have loved them. And saw better numbers than their current gamers. They obviously aren’t for everyone but I think they’d be good for a whole hell of a lot of golfers - a number of mid-to-lower handicaps included.

You’re a really damn good player and I just can’t wait to see how they perform for you over time.

This set really really intrigues me.
One thing that hasn’t got a lot, if any, mention. There exists an elite, master staffer and fitting panel of green grass and retail golf people associated with Callaway. There’s maybe 12 or 18 of these people across the country. I am very fortunate to be able to know one of them. This is the first set of irons where this panel and Callaway R&D team have really partnered together, so I think we see a lot of things in the retail world that have been asked for as well as the technology that Callaway can put into it.

This set really really intrigues me.
One thing that hasn’t got a lot, if any, mention. There exists an elite, master staffer and fitting panel of green grass and retail golf people associated with Callaway. There’s maybe 12 or 18 of these people across the country. I am very fortunate to be able to know one of them. This is the first set of irons where this panel and Callaway R&D team have really partnered together, so I think we see a lot of things in the retail world that have been asked for as well as the technology that Callaway can put into it.

As @Muchmore would say, love that!!

That’s super interesting. I’d love to hear more about that process and how it translated to Smoke.

Ordered a Ai Smoke 4 hybrid to bridge the gap between Super Hybrid and irons.

Pretty excited to get this in

Anyone gone from rogue st to the ai smoke? The 50 percent trade in puts me at 500 bucks for irons.

I saw the post in the Daily Coupon thread about the 50% trade in. I also got an email today advertising "Trade in, Trade Up" but no mention of the 50%.

These irons look really good. They hide their size well. I didn't hit them, but they looked smooooooooth

I’m intrigued by the AI Smoke but I’ve seen a few of the YouTubers with low spin low launch results - in the real world how accurate is that?

Does anyone know if you can customize the lie angle of the AI smoke HL when you order from Callaway? I normally play an orange dot on my Pings which is 2 degrees flat.

Ordered a Ai Smoke 4 hybrid to bridge the gap between Super Hybrid and irons.

Pretty excited to get this in
This 4 hybrid is something I am really going to enjoy. Only taken a few swings, but love the sound and the ball just explodes off the face

This 4 hybrid is something I am really going to enjoy. Only taken a few swings, but love the sound and the ball just explodes off the face
Any idea how much of an improvement over the rogue st max the ai smoke is as far as forgiveness?

Apologies if this is a skim, but what shaft did you go with?

Both the 3H and 4H are my underappreciated heroes of the bag. I'm not sure why Callaway doesn't have the rep with their hybrids that they do with their drivers. My 4h is a consistent 180 yard club and the 3h gaps perfectly at 190ish or so. These are the two that I'm most comfortable with on the course when I need to advance the ball or when I'm way far out and I want to go for the green. I know I can land both on the green AND hold it, something that's pretty rare with a hybrid.

If you are looking for a performing gamer of a hybrid....Definitely give these a go

am I going to like to more than the Paradym hybrid I have?

Back