Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It wouldn’t be a release cycle from Callaway without irons and hybrids. As a brand, they have always been incredibly successful in both categories, but under talked about is the way things have evolved to blend and provide their target audiences with options in the bag. This year with the new Paradym Ai Smoke lineup, that is no different.

Continue reading...

I am so pumped to hear who got fit into exactly what on these. Bring it Grandaddy guys. It's details time!

Let’s go sitting down to read them all!

heath ledger joker GIF

Finally and why do I have goosebumps??? I’m so damn excited!!!

im sure the grandaddy crew will agree, the Ai Smoke irons look really good at setup.

Let’s go!!! I believe I can now say I left the Grandaddy with Paradym Ai SMOKE irons in a 5-AW.
Hell yes. I have a 7 iron of that and the HL here and was super impressed by the Ai Smoke package. A significantly better looking package than the Rogue Max irons.

Oh wow! Those look freaking incredible

Read Book Club GIF

Nice improvement in the looks.

HL is definitely interesting to me will look to try them out once the fitting cart are ready.

I was between the Apex Pro’s and the Smoke. It just seemed like a neat idea to go with the new tech. And, quite frankly, iron play is the weakest portion of my way. I think the Smoke line will be a big help. My iron performance at the Grandaddy was shaky. I actually did swing it well at the fitting though and the numbers gap was just too much to ignore.

I’m really looking forward to the journey with these.

I love to looks.

I was between the Apex Pro’s and the Smoke. It just seemed like a neat idea to go with the new tech. And, quite frankly, iron play is the weakest portion of my way. I think the Smoke line will be a big help. My iron performance at the Grandaddy was shaky. I actually did swing it well at the fitting though and the numbers gap was just too much to ignore.

I’m really looking forward to the journey with these.
One thing they wanted to hit on was a clear product order…which I’m sure you heard about. So tell me your thoughts on how the segmentation goes from Apex Pro - Paradym - Ai Smoke.

I expected Smoke to look bulkier but it really doesn’t to my eye and is quite impressive.

Gotta say, I'm not a huge Callaway iron guy, but I'll be damned. Those look really good and the three different options have me very interested in directly comparing the three.

Also, I probably have to hit the HL hybrid.

They are announced finally! I was fit in the AI Smoke irons. Having come from the Paradym from last year, I was a bit nervous. I had tried the Maverik and the Rogue ST previous and found them to be a bit clunky in appearance and felt lacking off the face (for me). I couldn't game them and really struggled because I am a player that probably should be in the GI setup.

Paradym was a relevation for me. A long, forgiving, and pure feeling iron that wasn't clunky at address. I wanted the same from Paradym AI but I didn't want to give up the look of a players distance iron or the feel of Paradym.

The Smoke irons I think fulfilled that in spades. They are thicker in the top line than the Paradyms, but the leading edge of the top line has been rounded off so at address they don't look chunky or clunky at all

IMG_8915.jpeg

IMG_8910.jpeg

IMG_8913.jpeg

From a feel perspective - they feel VERY like the Paradym's. I only hit these outside, but even with toe hits and chunks and clunks, they don't feel clunky at all. They feel smooth like the Paradyms. Much better than any other hollow body iron I have hit and very close to what you'd want from more of a forged experience. Don't get me wrong - you can tell the difference from a completely forged iron, but then you'd expect to. The Smokes are very pleasing to the eye and ear.

IMG_8914.jpeg

The badging on the back of these irons I think is MUCH better than the Paradyms. They look like a premium iron and certainly don't look like thick clunky iron at all. The back looks smooth and the badging at the bottom even looks a little like a cavity back.

IMG_8911.jpeg

IMG_8916.jpeg

This is a sexy line of irons and hybrids. The HL irons sound intriguing

IMG_1435.jpeg

These are much improved. Many had issues with the badge getting beat to hell and chipping on the originals.

You guys remember that little secret weapon of mine that I was talking about?
That wasn't a utility iron?

:)
Most interesting bag award still intact!

Back