Gankas "That's how easy the golf swing is."

I
I can't speak for George, but maybe people's natural moves are so bad that those people need more help getting into better positions to break their habits.
what happens when those people aren’t around anymore?

I

Do you think Gankas videos are any better or worse than any other social media teaching account?

All seem to present challenging positions for amateurs to get into.

Not a fan of all that flexion at the top.

I

I'm not advocating for GG's swing theory, but that could be said about any lesson, student, and instructor. In the end, it's all about how well the concepts are communicated to you and your discipline in implementing them.

Do you think Gankas videos are any better or worse than any other social media teaching account?

All seem to present challenging positions for amateurs to get into.
I got so addicted to YouTube golf Instructions Canadan.So I took the plunge this fall and worked with a top 100 teacher one on one.Best choice I ever made.Honestly the Gankas videos are good but hard to grasp.If I decided to see him one on one it might be a different story

I

Golf is hard. The ability of the golfer to replicate those movements when alone depends on their proprioception and general athletic ability bestowed upon them by their parents.

It's not Gankas' fault some people have physically unaware wombats for parents.

Golf is hard. The ability of the golfer to replicate those movements when alone depends on their proprioception and general athletic ability bestowed upon them by their parents.

It's not Gankas' fault some people have physically unaware wombats for parents.

Absolutely agree. And for that some swing techniques lend themselves better to those unathletic people.

Nothing makes me laugh and cry more seeing an instructor trying to get a player into flexion and extreme body rotation when they are 55 years old and just picking up the game.

Gankas needs to put a disclaimer on his vids...

Gankas i think knows the swing really really well. But I think he is dangerous as a coach if you try to learn from his videos..

I got so addicted to YouTube golf Instructions Canadan.So I took the plunge this fall and worked with a top 100 teacher one on one.Best choice I ever made.Honestly the Gankas videos are good but hard to grasp.If I decided to see him one on one it might be a different story
It's awesome that you are having a good time with your instructor. It's amazing how en vogue some of these movements and thoughts are now. This move you're doing looks right out of the Gankas' repertoire

Absolutely agree. And for that some swing techniques lend themselves better to those unathletic people.

Nothing makes me laugh and cry more seeing an instructor trying to get a player into flexion and extreme body rotation when they are 55 years old and just picking up the game.
The golf swing is a young man's game.
Gankas i think knows the swing really really well. But I think he is dangerous as a coach if you try to learn from his videos..
I think every social media / youtube instructor falls into that category. At least a few of them show videos of them actually working with players of various abilities. I like watching Porzak and Gankas work with golfers.

I tend to think of the golf swing as a poem. The critical opening phrase of this poem will always be the grip. Which the hands unite to form a single unit by the simple overlap of the little finger. Lowly and slowly the clubhead is led back. Pulled into position not by the hands, but by the body which turns away from the target shifting weight to the right side without shifting balance. Tempo is everything; perfection unobtainable as the body coils down at the top of the swing. Theres a slight hesitation. A little nod to the gods. Yeah, to the gods. That he is fallible. That perfection is unobtainable. And now the weight begins shifting back to the left pulled by the powers inside the earth. It's alive, this swing! A living sculpture and down through contact, always down, striking the ball crisply, with character. A tuning fork goes off in your heart and your balls. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck golf shot. Now the follow through to finish. Always on line. The reverse C of the Golden Bear! The steel workers' power and brawn of Carl Sandburg's Arnold Palmer! - Roy McAvoy

Love this description from Tin Cup and the more I tinker the more I realize the bold. If one has never considered their tempo they have probably wasted a lot of time messing with mechanics.

Love this description from Tin Cup and the more I tinker the more I realize the bold. If one has never considered their tempo they have probably wasted a lot of time messing with mechanics.

I have, and concluded tempo is best left alone. Love the Cup quote, long live the Cup!

The golf swing is so easy once you have learned how to do it and have done it so often that good swings are just the simplest thing. But that is a unified feel that you have absorbed, which defies explanation to anyone, even yourself. All you can say is, I don't really know how I do it, I just do it.

The golf swing is so easy once you have learned how to do it and have done it so often that good swings are just the simplest thing. But that is a unified feel that you have absorbed, which defies explanation to anyone, even yourself. All you can say is, I don't really know how I do it, I just do it.
Sounds like a lady I dated out of college. She made everything seem so relaxed and calm. Always wondered what happened to her. She reminded me of summer days walk in a park

I met GG several years ago. Certainly an acquired taste.

He's far from my operation's center, which is fine. I think the first time I saw his initials 'GG' in a golf post I was confused for a moment thinking they were talking about Greg Gutfeld.

Why is it when Gankas teaches he has like 3-4 people helping the student? His stuff seems so forced and contrived.If it takes 3-4 people to get someone in an unnatural position how can this be good for their games?And how do you take that learning home with you if you don’t have 3-4 people getting you in that positions?
-snip-
Easy. People taking lessons from Gankas are so rich they can hire three people to follow them around on the course and put them in those positions. :p

I'm guessing that Tiger was similar because when it all came crashing down he went to a swing guru (Foley) who tried to teach him the stack and tilt method.

Not to get too "woo, woo" with this, but this is kind of the nub! In Steven Prescott's book Bagger Vance, the golfer is urged by his caddie just to "swing your swing", and "don't root for your ball"! In other words, the swing is the thing! It was much the same in the Shivas Irons books by Michael Murphy. I don't mean for these ideas to be followed like gospel, but there is some truth in them. When I was playing my best golf, each round was much like a meditative session! My mind went very quiet, and all that mattered was my swing.

Gankas doesn't explain it as clearly as he could. These golf gurus are like magicians. Getting the easy version of of the deception never happens.
The easy version is the upper arms rotate outwards (elbows down and in) and the forearms rotate inwards towards each other, on both sides of the swing.

Back