Shot Scope X5 Adds Hole Maps

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We know THPers have been waiting for them.

Shot Scope (www.shotscope.com), the golf industry-leader in advanced GPS and shot tracking technology, today unveiled full hole maps, a revolutionary feature for the Company’s X5 Golf Watch that displays a golfer’s personal club distances through an interactive map, enabling pinpoint shot making for golfers.

Available on over 36,000 preloaded golf courses worldwide, full hole maps, are available for free via a firmware update to any Shot Scope X5 user and provide a detailed layout of every hole with distances to the pin and middle of the green. This advanced technology allows the golfer to access personalized P-Avg. distances on the X5 for their 3 longest clubs to aid on-course strategy by making better decisions off the tee. P-Avg. is Shot Scope's unique algorithm to give the golfer a true representation of the distance a well struck golf shot travels, while removing outliers. By adding P-Avg. distances to the hole maps on X5, it becomes the most accurate and informative hole map on the market. With this feature, Shot Scope is now providing golfers with their off course data whilst on the course - in addition to the standard GPS distances and course information - the perfect combination to drive improvement.

Equally important, an adjustable distance line enables the golfer to scroll up or down to find the right landing area on the fairway and avoid hazards. The full hole map also features a zoom map that allows the golfer to simply tap on the screen to get a distance anywhere on the hole, while 100-, 150-, and 200-yard lay-up distances can be displayed on every hole.

“The addition of full hole maps to the X5 is something existing users can really make use of, seeing how the bank of statistics they’ve already collected can be used to inform their round as they take on each hole,” comments David Hunter, Chief Executive Officer at Shot Scope.

“As a free upgrade and with no subscription fees, these map features further validate Shot Scope’s power in connecting data and golfers, as we continue to redefine the GPS watch category with the best products at unbeatable price points.”

The new hole maps further establishes the X5 as a GPS golf watch with unmatched performance qualities including automatic performance tracking and over 100 statistics including Strokes Gained. Real-time distances to all greens, hazards, and doglegs on over 36,000 preloaded courses worldwide ensure you have everything you need on your wrist while you play.

Available at an unbeatable $299.99 price point the X5 is part of Shot Scope’s affordable high-tech GPS and performance tracking products that have NO subscription fees and free firmware updates.

Hole-maps-release-image-no-logo.png

1709302154338.png

I really like this. Something I always missed from using a phone based system were the hole layouts. Great update!

This is perfect timing as @PPFour12 @hackitup and I have a round scheduled tomorrow at Whiskey Creek which I have never played. Will definitely be updating tonight so I can use this tomorrow.

This is huge! I was just reading about this in the email I received from them.

Love this. Going to charge mine up and do that update on it today before I forget.

Yeah this is a pretty big deal and I’m glad they are doing it.

I was just reading the update email. This is going to be awesome.

FYI - New Software Version 3.0.10

This is awesome. I was just reading the email from SS about the app update including the additional SG details for each hole and shot while reviewing rounds. So much more than just a GPS watch

This is exciting!

Oh wow this is awesome! ShotScope keeps getting. Better and better

This is awesome. Cant wait to check out the new features.

No watch firmware update yet, looks like maybe next week?

37BDE322-BCB2-46E0-B444-937825F2A7A2.jpeg

FYI on the hole maps for the watch from the email we all received from Shot Scope:

Please note:

The hole maps for the X5 watch are due to be released next week.

This is a big deal!!!

Do you know if this requires an X5 firmware update from the app? When connecting my device it does not show anything available.
I don't.
When I saw the original post, I went to the SS app on my phone and noted the version.
Then went to the App Store on my iPhone and saw there was an update dated today.

We know THPers have been waiting for them.

Shot Scope (www.shotscope.com), the golf industry-leader in advanced GPS and shot tracking technology, today unveiled full hole maps, a revolutionary feature for the Company’s X5 Golf Watch that displays a golfer’s personal club distances through an interactive map, enabling pinpoint shot making for golfers.

Available on over 36,000 preloaded golf courses worldwide, full hole maps, are available for free via a firmware update to any Shot Scope X5 user and provide a detailed layout of every hole with distances to the pin and middle of the green. This advanced technology allows the golfer to access personalized P-Avg. distances on the X5 for their 3 longest clubs to aid on-course strategy by making better decisions off the tee. P-Avg. is Shot Scope's unique algorithm to give the golfer a true representation of the distance a well struck golf shot travels, while removing outliers. By adding P-Avg. distances to the hole maps on X5, it becomes the most accurate and informative hole map on the market. With this feature, Shot Scope is now providing golfers with their off course data whilst on the course - in addition to the standard GPS distances and course information - the perfect combination to drive improvement.

Equally important, an adjustable distance line enables the golfer to scroll up or down to find the right landing area on the fairway and avoid hazards. The full hole map also features a zoom map that allows the golfer to simply tap on the screen to get a distance anywhere on the hole, while 100-, 150-, and 200-yard lay-up distances can be displayed on every hole.

“The addition of full hole maps to the X5 is something existing users can really make use of, seeing how the bank of statistics they’ve already collected can be used to inform their round as they take on each hole,” comments David Hunter, Chief Executive Officer at Shot Scope.

“As a free upgrade and with no subscription fees, these map features further validate Shot Scope’s power in connecting data and golfers, as we continue to redefine the GPS watch category with the best products at unbeatable price points.”

The new hole maps further establishes the X5 as a GPS golf watch with unmatched performance qualities including automatic performance tracking and over 100 statistics including Strokes Gained. Real-time distances to all greens, hazards, and doglegs on over 36,000 preloaded courses worldwide ensure you have everything you need on your wrist while you play.

Available at an unbeatable $299.99 price point the X5 is part of Shot Scope’s affordable high-tech GPS and performance tracking products that have NO subscription fees and free firmware updates.

View attachment 9245725

View attachment 9245726
This makes me want to golf now!

Amazing feature!

Pretty glad I ordered a replacement charger for the X5. This is a great update.

Will be so stoked for Monday!

Back