Club in your bag you WILL NOT replace this year?

My putter, fitted for exactly what works for me, and have no reason to second guess the fitter!

Remains my Triple Diamond T 3W

Fairways are safe. TD 5w, regular paradym 3w. They’ll be in the bag for quite a while

Wedges. They were new last year and were a real strength for me. If money was no option, the other 12 clubs are at risk haha

My 300 Mini driver (cut down to 7W length) isn’t going anywhere. Neither are my Cobra RadSpeed one-length hybrids. I have 3, so I will rotate through different loft combos but at least 2 will be in the bag at all times. Irons are safe too, as I completely adore my JPX-923 Pros.

Wedges have already been rotated often with more to come. Putter will be, too. I’m committed to L.A.B. (currently play the DF2.1) but a Link.1 should be delivered tomorrow.

My fairway woods aren’t going anywhere. I know they’re a few cycles old and I could find something longer but I know I wouldn’t find anything that I can hit as well. They’re automatic for me.

• Apex UW
  • Callaway Jaws Raw Wedges

Already replaced Putter - Have a new driver coming.

The rest - I don't feel great saying definitively they are staying

• Apex UW
  • Callaway Jaws Raw Wedges

Already replaced Putter - Have a new driver coming.

The rest - I don't feel great saying definitively they are staying
Apex UW is a great call and I love mine. Didnt know how i would feel having it in the 4H spot but man its such a fun club for me

It is fantastic.
Its been that 210-220 club for me that comes in handy on a lot of the shorter par 4's. First two swings with it yesterday were trash but I had one tee shot with it that reminded me how fun the damn thing is

Outside of being gifted/awarded something, driver through LW is safe. I paid good money for all of those and I'm going to use them.

Only one club in my bag is truly safe: Ping G430 Max 3 wood with a Fujikura Speeder NX 70X. I have it in the flat-minus setting, playing 43" tipped 0.5". I haven't had the head's loft digitally measured, but to my eye it has slightly less loft than most G430 heads I've seen -- so I would guess it might play between 13 and 14 degrees.

I love this thing. It does exactly what I want, every time. Starts left, draws right (I'm a lefty), carries 230-235, which at my 100-102 mph driver speed is pretty good for a fairway wood. I went for a months-long stretch without hitting a single bad shot with it on the course last year, until I finally just came over the top and yanked one off the tee and hooked it. Finding a 3W I love has been such a challenge, and this one is it. Could I find a set-up that's longer? Yeah, sure, probably -- but nothing else has ever been anywhere near this consistent.

The other one that's probably safe is my Bettinardi BB1 Wide. This is the first year they've made it for lefties, and I went to Studio B in Oak Brook (about 10 minutes from where we live) a few days after it was released to get one fitted. It's the head shape I've been fitted into in previous putter fittings, as well. I have some fun Bettinardi blade headcovers that work with it, so I think this one's here to stay for a while.

As of right now I'm feeling zero reason to change either the woods or irons, but especially irons. The only way those change is if I get into a THP Experience that has irons.
...the woods I don't think are safe anymore. Some recent work showed me that I might have something to gain. Might just be incremental changes, but there could be something there.

At this time, the whole bag is safe-ish.

Putters
( That's right, plural )

LAB DF2.1. Been in the bag for 2 years and not going anywhere.

Will not replace is such a strong combination of words. Especially when it come to new clubs. Like all my current setup however I can and will be swayed somewhere. May sell a set of T200s and check out the new DarkSpeed irons

Driver-PXG Gen 6, fairway finder.

I’m happy with 90% of my bag… but, the one club not going anywhere is my PING Glide 3.0 Eye 2 sand wedge. I finally found a SW that I can play well.

Apex UWs are 100% staying in the bag. Things have been absolute weapons on the course. The only reason I'd be replacing them is if the face wears out from hitting it too much.

My 3W, putters and brand-new 18-degree UI aren't going anywhere.

I'm really fussy about taking care of my clubs, but between lessons and practicing much more than ever before, the rest of the bag is getting worn and tired quicker than I ever thought possible. Was hoping to hold off on new irons until after the completion of lessons this season, but I don't think my current set is going to last that long.

Putter for sure

Srixon ZX MkII 22 hybrid. Pretty much automatic from 200-210.

Back