How much wind is to much.

For everyday golf, and at that temperature, I'd be 50/50 at best.
Same. That’s a really tough “right on the line” combo

Could have played the Stadium course today, but said nope with 25 mph winds with gusts in the 30-40mph. Didn’t seem enjoyable to me even if I was only paying $495.

Could have played the Stadium course today, but said nope with 25 mph winds with gusts in the 30-40mph. Didn’t seem enjoyable to me even if I was only paying $495.
"Only" 😬

More than about 15-17 with gusts into the mid to high 20s and it becomes pretty not fun. The course I play is about a mile off Galveston bay so 8-10 is a constant

It’s seemingly 20mph winds or more around here lately every day. Anything over 30 is too much unless its just gusts and its also temperature dependent. More likely to deal with it if its warm than if its chilly

Pfft that’s just walking around cash for a player like you haha

Anything over a 1 club wind is not a fun time for me.

I have played in 2+ club winds just to amuse myself.

Worst part of windy days for me are the ground winds on the greens. It's really tough for me to determine how much the wind will move the ball.

I was supposed to play today but with gusts up to 40 mph I ate the non-refundable booking and stayed home and played 36 in the garage on the sim. I hate wind. Give me rain any day.

30 is a. It much especially if I paid $ for the round. At my home course? Sure, let’s have some fun. Unless it’s 30°, then we tell tales of survival.

Do hurricane force winds count? 🤣

Doesn't really matter but if a hot and muggy day praying for wind...

I’ll play in just about any wind, knockdowns are fun.

Breaking news: Guy from Oklahoma OK with playing in wind

LOL

I played a qualifier in steady 65-70km winds last year (about 45mph). It was bonkers.

Into the wind i played a 440yd par 4 as a par 5......downwind i was hitting 3 woods off the tee over 300yds. You basically couldn't hit full irons even downwind because it was so unpredictable. I hit a knockdown PW from like 160....

My game holds up well in wind because i hit a tight draw. i actually had the 2nd best score that day

I played with my brother in law on the Big Island back in November. We had sideways rain, balls were moving on the green and I have no idea what the gusts were but he had a video of me almost getting blown over on my back swing. We had a blast and weirdly we both shot under our season average. Check out the flag in the photo it was a little calmer thenIMG_0531.jpeg

About 20 and even then it's not good.

When we played in the Victory Cup the wind was bad. #17 was playing 155 into the wind from 137 yards. I hit driver on a par 3 on the Dye course because of the wind.

Big wind is fun some times.

I was 20 - 30 mph today here in Dallas. The hardest part is to minimize big numbers as the wind affects every type of shot including putts. It was easily a 2 to 3 club wind on holes that were into the wind. On one par three that was into the wind, range finder said 140 yds. I played a 170 yd club and was short by 10 yds.

Breaking news: Guy from Oklahoma OK with playing in wind

LOL
You learn to flight it here, or you quit…or play REALLY sh***y golf. Haha

As @echico said, when hard objects are flying around or trees are coming down, I won't play. Also, if the wind starts moving balls around on the green. Now if I were planning to play 3 days during the coming week and Wednesday was predicted to have 40-50 mph gusts, I would likely consider the other four days.

High winds are sort of like light rain and colder temps. If I have a choice, I will avoid them but I am not going to give up on playing if I have a round scheduled.

Back