True Linkswear Future Staples 3L Rain Jacket

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine you are lucky enough to take a trip of a lifetime to a place like Scotland, Ireland, or even Bandon Dunes in the Pacific Northwest. Now, snap back to reality and imagine how unlikely it is that you take any of those trips without playing in the rain. Or, maybe you get a chance to play once a week and get unlucky with the weather on the day you can finally get on the course. How much would you pay to play those rainy rounds in (relative) comfort? Rainwear may not be as flashy as a new driver, but it can be an absolute lifesaver for many golfers.

Continue reading...

Great review Hawk. Big True Linkswear footwear fan here but have not tried any of their other products. Sounds like they definitely nailed the rain jacket.

Love everything about the jacket but the price.

Jacket looks great, the price is one of those things if it lasts you many years and you use it often it pays for itself.

Jacket looks great, the price is one of those things if it lasts you many years and you use it often it pays for itself.
I went back and forth with this for a long time. I used cheaper rain gear for years before getting something of high quality and agree with this so much. The difference is pretty night and day and you can actually swing and feel free in high quality stuff.

I have not tried this line yet, but its intriguing.

Looks phenomenal and I’m certain it’s a great jacket, I just don’t know if I have the stomach for the price given my hesitance for playing in the rain.

Great write up @Hawk

I agree with everyone else, great write up!
I have been a big fan of True Linkswear , I like the everything about this jacket except the price.

• Staff
Thanks for reading guys. Bar none, it's the most impressive piece of rain gear I've personally seen. When my kids were younger I wasn't missing my chance to play, and I suffered in low quality gear many times. I'd be more likely to spend money on something like this over a new golf club.

Great write up Hawk! It is comical that I never knew True Linskwear made rain apparel. I’m not in the need for new rain gear as I made a purchase last year that should last a few years. The jacket looks great though at a price point I’ve seen compared to other quality brands in the market.

Perfect timing as I’m in the market for something like this. Just purchased a Sunice short sleeve one for warmer weather but wasn’t crazy about their long sleeve cold weather options.

I may have just found my answer. Thanks for the great review.

Don't play enough in the rain to go for rain gear but I like the look of the jacket. I'm guessing this compares well to ZR and other high end high $ gear.

Don't play enough in the rain to go for rain gear but I like the look of the jacket. I'm guessing this compares well to ZR and other high end high $ gear.
I did take a look at them as a competitor. Just an outward opinion since I haven't had their gear in hand, but the waterproof specs (and some of the extras like the cuffs, MOLLE system, and price) lean towards the True.

I’ve been impressed with TL’s shoes. If I had not bought new rain gear last year, this would be at the top of my list. It looks good and the tech speaks for itself.

The jacket I bought doesn’t have a hood. Don’t think I’ll buy one without a hood again.

Great write up,@Hawk

Seems like a really good rain jacket. The price is a bit high but I'm thinking it would be worth it when needed.

Looks like only small and 3XL are in stock.

The MOLLE is the most interesting feature to me, I would give it a second with the internal pocket. I've put this on other rain features before, but a 20k rating has to be extreme overkill, you're not going to be playing in rain that would impact that. For example, having a 10k waterproof rating is something like 30 feet of standing water before it would go through. I think the breathability is great, because it goes the other direction with how much can get out. The fully taped seams are wonderful and I would assume wouldn't be overlooked in a garment of this quality, as listed on their website.

I think they are fantastic, I won't be able to afford the pricing on them, I think that will be what holds a lot of people back. As much as I say that, I would love to try some of these out from a scientific perspective to see how much impact it really has over a mid range one especially with the breathability.

Great write up of the product and features.

The 5-year warranty is a nice feature.

Love everything about the jacket but the price.
That's been my thought for a while on it, I've been pondering, and at that price, it was a hard no until I got more info, after reading this I'd say I'm much closer to a yes than I was before. Good stuff @Hawk

Good write up @Hawk. True Linkswear are situated in the Pacific Northwest, so I imagine they know a thing or two about playing in the rain. :LOL: They got the waterproofing right on their shoes, so I don't have any doubt this jacket will live up to its claims. I'm a big fan of their golf shoes and if I played more in the rain I'd undoubtedly be buying the jacket. It's certainly not cheap, but some things are worth the "buy once, cry once".

I think I’m starting to get to the point of just not playing if it’s raining. It’s just so miserable in every way. Maybe good rain gear would change a little of that but all of the other conditions that make wet golf miserable still exist.

Thanks for reading guys. Bar none, it's the most impressive piece of rain gear I've personally seen. When my kids were younger I wasn't missing my chance to play, and I suffered in low quality gear many times. I'd be more likely to spend money on something like this over a new golf club.
It's amazing what a high-quality set of rain gear can do. Enjoyed the ready....and I pictured the trip of a lifetime, we were drinking Guinness afterwards.

It's amazing what a high-quality set of rain gear can do. Enjoyed the ready....and I pictured the trip of a lifetime, we were drinking Guinness afterwards.
If you want to wait until afterwards that's fine, but you're going to be playing catch up.

If you want to wait until afterwards that's fine, but you're going to be playing catch up.
there's my guy.

This jacket checks all the boxes. It is just a conundrum of do I want a $400 Rain Jacket that I really don't want to wear!!??

Great write-up @Hawk. I really like all the features but $400 USD is too much for my budget. I am certain it will survive a monsoon so as @Hawk notes if away on golf trip and no choice but to play, you want to be dry and comfortable and this appears to foot the bill.

If i am ever lucky enough to go on a trip to where it rains a lot i 100% would invest in the gear. That is a nice write up @Hawk

Back