The Masters is in a slump

UncleDanger

My best club is mixed with Tito's
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15.3
Can't help but feel that the last few years of the Masters has gotten, well, boring.
7 of last 11 tournaments have had at least a 3 stroke margin of victory coupled with winners who have for the most part been pretty low key personalities. I miss the drama on the back-9 with players making shots and winning vs. the latest trend of the field giving the tournament away with mistakes.
I could also do with less of the pretentious announcing. Not fans or spectators but "patrons". Not bleachers, no, they have "observation stands".
Enough of me yelling at clouds. Just wanted to say it out loud in a safe space. :LOL:

I believe that yesterday on the back 9 6 players had a share of the lead. Sorry not boring.

It was set to be a great afternoon, but everyone sort of chucked it away. Agree though - I quit watching when it became clear who was winning. To be fair, I was going out for Mexi food.

Can't help but feel that the last few years of the Masters has gotten, well, boring.
7 of last 11 tournaments have had at least a 3 stroke margin of victory coupled with winners who have for the most part been pretty low key personalities. I miss the drama on the back-9 with players making shots and winning vs. the latest trend of the field giving the tournament away with mistakes.
I could also do with less of the pretentious announcing. Not fans or spectators but "patrons". Not bleachers, no, they have "observation stands".
Enough of me yelling at clouds. Just wanted to say it out loud in a safe sp
Pretty good slump imn my opinion, which of doesn't mean much.

I would say it is a Welcome change from the Atmosphere at some tour events and the Waste Management is just the top of the list.
I thought it was nice Not to see everyone with a cell phone out and I didn't miss the obnoxious people yelling stupid **** after each tee shot.

The Masters was a return to older times when People actually behaved and didn't try to make themselves part of the show.

It was set to be a great afternoon, but everyone sort of chucked it away. Agree though - I quit watching when it became clear who was winning. To be fair, I was going out for Mexi food.
Excuse accepted!

I enjoyed watching all the days I could then followed it. The guys were having a tough time with firm fields and things were not working. They were makin adjustments and shocked when things didnt work how they thought they would.

Thursday and Friday the wind was wrecking havoc.
Yesterday Wind and firm greens was also wrecking havoc.
Today Firm greens and somewhat fairways was causing all kinda problems.

It was joyful for me.

And what’s with all the Azaleas?
Confused Social Media GIF

I think golf is in a slump.. the masters is not exempt. I thought the week was pretty fun.

Pee Wee Herman Texas GIF

Every one wants carnage. Carnage happened to everyone but the winner.

It was a good masters.

I thought this years Masters was pretty entertaining. I mean the first couple days with the winds and the greens playing firm there was lots of movement. Going into the last day the leaderboard was up for grabs. I get that the back 9 didn't have a lot of drama the last day that is because Scottie played great and the others made mistakes and couldn't catch him.

Opinions are like a**holes.

I enjoyed the last 2 rounds. The weather made the course very punishing. The tournament was up for grabs going into the back 9 on Sunday. Scottie didn't mess up and birdied 5 of the last 9 holes to win. It could have been more entertaining, but I still enjoyed it.

And here I thought Tiger needed a car to crash.

Best tournament of the year so far. Leaderboard was filled with big names all weekend. Tiger played all 4 rounds (not great but I'll take what I can get). Scottie proved again that he's the best golfer on the planet. Loved not hearing "get in the hole" or "mashed potatoes" every tee shot. Sign me up for more of this

Best tournament of the year so far. Leaderboard was filled with big names all weekend. Tiger played all 4 rounds (not great but I'll take what I can get). Scottie proved again that he's the best golfer on the planet. Loved not hearing "get in the hole" or "mashed potatoes" every tee shot. Sign me up for more of this
I did hear “cowabunga” on a lot of Morikawa shots though haha

I enjoyed the last 2 rounds. The weather made the course very punishing. The tournament was up for grabs going into the back 9 on Sunday. Scottie didn't mess up and birdied 5 of the last 9 holes to win. It could have been more entertaining, but I still enjoyed it.
I enjoyed Friday. Don't usually see Augusta like that. The weekend though was boring.

I think lengthening it took away some of the big moves, for better or worse pending your opinion

I fell asleep a couple times and I'm very grateful for any nap I can get, but that combined with everyone around me being completely over it well before it was finished I didn't take as signs of must-watch excitement.

Not that I expected any. It was fine. Like most big events.

Back