Off Course with Ian and Mike from Club Champion Canada

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 201. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, two familiar names in Ian and Mike from Club Champion Canada join the show and discuss the best advice on how to plan for a fitting.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan, Ian and Mike dive into all things club fitting, including staying brand agnostic and not overthinking or understanding the numbers. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Club Champion Canada goes Off Course.

Episode 201 is here and Dan, Ian and Mike discuss the following topics.

Best Advice to Plan For a Fitting
Staying Brand Agnostic
Are All Shafts the Same For Every Player
Does Faster Swing Equal Firmer Flex
Are People Overthinking Loft
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Continue reading...

This sounds like it's going to be a super educational episode. I can't wait to dive in.

This will be fun. I‘ll listen in the car a little later.

This gets really interesting really fast.

This sounds great. Hopping in soon

You could pull a meaningful quote on fitting from this pod every minute.

Looking forward to this one. Jumping in now!

Will be queuing this one up later this morning for the drive into the office.

This one sounds really interesting, going to give it a listen later today

So come in relaxed Mikey says. Sounds like those Friday evening sessions with the beer might be the ticket haha. But great insight about what they need you to bring to the fitting to be able to do their job well.

Have an hour drive in a few minutes. This will be a great listen.

Hearing about strokes gained in the fitting would be fantastic. Love how this data has driven my club choice in the top of the bag, and would love to have it included in a fitting.

Love comments like, when talking shaft flex, "Less dynamic loft through a higher closure rate." This is the invaluable experience that a great fitter can give you. Go against so called norms, to give you something that works best for you.

Love my Friday drive in and home from work with Off Course. Seriously the best way to start and end the day!!

Really enjoyed this comment, when talking about building the top of the bag. "Every club has a job to do, and as long as it does that job" it's a good club, regardless of what that club happens to be. Whether it's a wood, utility, hybrid, etc. And I like the idea of having a rotation of 15-17 clubs, knowing what each does and which scenario each could help with.

This is a must listen

Great talk @Canadan . Thanks for hosting Ian and Mike, it was very insightful!

Yep... this is going to get a listen while walking 9 this morning.

Enjoyed the listen this morning. My big take away on my end is how much the ball plays a bigger part in spin verse the shaft. I knew how important the ball was but didn't realize spin was 3rd on the list for shafts for a fitting.

Freaking yes!

Enjoyed the listen this morning. My big take away on my end is how much the ball plays a bigger part in spin verse the shaft. I knew how important the ball was but didn't realize spin was 3rd on the list for shafts for a fitting.
I feel so validated by that comment. It's always overlooked.

Listening to Ian is a pleasure....why do I feel like he is an EXPERT on all things golf??!!

I feel so validated by that comment. It's always overlooked.
I was coming to say the exact same thing.

It’s also why I started the thread I did yesterday haha

Freakin fantastic show. Such great info. Love their you tube shows. This show climbs high up my list of favorites. Can’t wait for episodes 2, 3 and 4.

Back