Glove life expectations

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How long do you think a decent quality golf glove should last?

I took out a new glove today. Straight out of the wrapper, onto my hand and to the first tee (no warm-up). After the round, I hit a large bucket, then some pitches, so call it about 90 minutes of practice time after the 2.5 hour round.

The glove isn't totally shot, but it definitely took a beating. That's disappointing to me, I think it should last longer.

What are your thoughts?

8-12 rounds is typically what I get out of a glove it seems like.

Gloves last me a whole season or more usually.

The FJ weather sof is my go to because of the durability and get 15 rounds of them.

I've been using the CaddyDaddy Claw golf gloves. And have 15 rounds and as many range sessions and it is only showing a slight wear on the palm. Where I usually have worn a hole through the glove long before 15 rounds.

one glove lasts you the whole season?!
Yep then it gets retired to the practice bag. I clearly don’t play enough golf

I expect a hole to develop after a month or two. Some gloves do a lot better than others but usually after 1 or 2 if a hole doesn't develop it usually gets retired. Titleist Players and Permasoft usually wear well. My go to is the Srixon glove.

However, everyone once in awhile one of those gloves just fails on like the first or second outing. I'm pissed if a glove rips during the first or second round.

I typically get 15-20 rounds out of my gloves. I typically but the premium glove in whatever OEM lineup, typically Footjoy just because they are one typically on sale.

That’s why i buy cheap gloves. They don’t last as long... and until caddy daddy makes a right hand glove I’ll continue to do so.

Yep then it gets retired to the practice bag. I clearly don’t play enough golf

either I need to lower my standards, or you need to raise yours lol

I'm in Houston and once it warms up they get soaked through with sweat pretty fast. I have to rotate through 3-4 gloves per round. They don't last long down here.

The Bionic gloves have lasted the longest. While the weather was moderate down here I actually was able to play one Bionic glove (without rotating others in) from November thru the end of February. That would never happen during the summer.

either I need to lower my standards, or you need to raise yours lol
I play my gloves until there is holes. But different weather conditions up here and I don’t get to play year round like you either. Only played 40 rounds last year

I buy a new glove every 3 months or so if I’m playing a lot, but I usually have two gloves I rotate in the bag

6-10 rounds.
I've had 2 Callaway gloves rip so bad they didn't make it 9 holes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I play my gloves until there is holes. But different weather conditions up here and I don’t get to play year round like you either. Only played 40 rounds last year

oh ok, got it. it's settled: YOU need to raise your standards haha

6-10 rounds.
I've had 2 Callaway gloves rip so bad they didn't make it 9 holes

it's a Callaway tour authentic glove that spawned this thread. we received some gloves at the grandaddy. I had already purchased some before. they aren't lasting as long as i'd like. i want to keep rep'ing the brand, but i'm not sold on this as my gamer glove. I did like the Weather Spann so might go with that one.

With a Caddy Daddy glove, probably 6 months to a year.

I switched to a rain glove a few years ago and just bought a new one last season. I probably get more time out of them than others due to the short season.

it's a Callaway tour authentic glove that spawned this thread. we received some gloves at the grandaddy. I had already purchased some before. they aren't lasting as long as i'd like. i want to keep rep'ing the brand, but i'm not sold on this as my gamer glove. I did like the Weather Spann so might go with that one.
Yup those were the ones. Still got a few I'm thinking out with but don't last more than 2 rounds.

Really depends on brand and price point in my experience. Since switching to FJ and spending a bit more they last much longer. The less expensive models (under $14) were usually ruined after just a couple rounds. Holes and tears seem to happen quickly. I have at least 15 rounds on my current FJ glove, think it’s the weather soft, and a warm up bucket before my round. Still performs well and no issues. Makes the $20 glove the real bargain I guess.

I’ve been using FJ StaSof gloves and get 6 months out of them. I don’t mind using a more worn glove for practice though, and I wash them in leather conditioner after a couple months.

I’m going to try an Under Armour next. Found a good deal on them over the winter... see how they feel/wear.

I usually get 6 months out of mine, average one round a week. I try and find an older glove to use
on the range as I find that shortens the life span quite a bit.

Back