Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I would recommend discussing this elsewhere such as social media.

This will remain politics free or we will lock it up.
The belly of the beast? I have no such accounts, sir, I assure you. :ROFLMAO:(y)
I'm out for now. No closey on my part. :cool:

Daughter tested positive for the virus today. Crazy last 7 days of events that occurred leading up to today. Long story short, daughter and 5 other friends spent the weekend at the birthday girls lakehouse. 3 of the 6, including my kiddo came back a week ago today with mild fevers that lasted 24/36hrs. Yesterday learned that the dad at the party fell ill Wednesday and went and got tested. Came back yesterday as positive. So took her in today because she was supposed to train with her soccer team 4 days this week. So she's out this week and will probably retest next Monday to see if the virus has cleared. Keep a positive thought for us this week!

Daughter tested positive for the virus today. Crazy last 7 days of events that occurred leading up to today. Long story short, daughter and 5 other friends spent the weekend at the birthday girls lakehouse. 3 of the 6, including my kiddo came back a week ago today with mild fevers that lasted 24/36hrs. Yesterday learned that the dad at the party fell ill Wednesday and went and got tested. Came back yesterday as positive. So look her in today because she was supposed to train with her soccer team 4 days this week. So she's out this week and will probably retest next Monday to see if the virus has cleared. Keep a positive thought for us this week!
Best of everything to you and yours. I hope its just like kids used to get sick all the time at slumber parties. Remember? (y)

Going on a guys golfing trip this weekend. 8 guys in a 8 bedroom 8 bathrooms house for 3 nights/4 days. So we all agreed to get a COVID test done. Went to a state testing facility on Thursday. In and out in 5 minutes. Test was self-administered. Couple swipes up both nostrils and put the swab in a liquid they gave me. Was told 4-7 business days. Got a call today.
so I’m good to go as long as I Social Distance for a couple of days.

Stanford University's disease prevention chairman says COVID’s infection fatality rate is:

• Close to 0% for people under 45
• 0.05%-0.3% for 45-70 yr olds
• Substantially higher for 70+

This ⬆... But the Feds should have stepped in and taken over, but it doesn’t work like that.
My nephew and I recently chatted about Federalism and I used Hunger Games as a teaching aid. When power is taken from a district to given to the capital, then we have serious problems. Department of Education is example #1. Interestingly, China started moving toward Communism with Federalism influences about 40 years ago. What works in Suzhou may not work in Macau. US moved in the opposite direction over the same timeframe. Hope the US never forgets the power of the 10th Amendment.

How does this apply to Covid-19? The debate over state actions (or inactions) is interesting to observe.

Last edited:
I thought the article said they were citizens with second homes in Mexico? I may have missed something... It’s definitely not unusual in Texas for people to have second/vacation homes in Mexico given the cost difference
What you may have missed is the part that said "we can't identify the people"? Paraphrasing, but close enough. If they can't identify people then one might conclude they're saying they're U.S. Citizens but they're not.

I see the rise in cases is still causing panic in here...

The reason why the numbers are going up are as follows.

1) More testing leads to more positive results.

2) It’s 2-3 weeks after the riots where millions gathered.

3) Pre-elective surgeries COVID tests.

4) Common cold can lead to positive COVID test.

Look at the death rate, the USA now has the lowest death rate in the World.

And Hydroxychloroquine works ⬇...

Some will say you have to "prove it". Lol. In reality the death rates will drop as younger folks are infected. It's really to the point that some folks are resigned to getting the virus and they just want to move-on. John on KFI640, the #1 radio show in L.A. said he may as well go breathe-in COVID and get it over with.

What you may have missed is the part that said "we can't identify the people"? Paraphrasing, but close enough. If they can't identify people then one might conclude they're saying they're U.S. Citizens but they're not.
...and again, if one hasn't lived in California and experienced the issues there, one doesn't understand all the background behind it - much of which goes far beyond the scope of discussion here. There's a reason (a LOT of reasons, actually) that I bailed out of that state eleven years ago, and will never go back.

The fact that they're flying in known COVID-positive people of undetermined nationality and saturating their hospitals with them is inexcusable and reprehensible. They have their reasons for doing it, but they're not good reasons.

...and again, if one hasn't lived in California and experienced the issues there, one doesn't understand all the background behind it - much of which goes far beyond the scope of discussion here. There's a reason (a LOT of reasons, actually) that I bailed out of that state eleven years ago, and will never go back.

The fact that they're flying in known COVID-positive people of undetermined nationality and saturating their hospitals with them is inexcusable and reprehensible. They have their reasons for doing it, but they're not good reasons.
Oh and by the way, it's interesting that the homeless in Los Angeles have not had any major outbreak despite the complete opposite of washing hands, staying 6 feet away, wearing a mask, etc. Isn't that amazing?

With the way this is trending, it just made more sense to lock it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back