I’m young at heart and ancient in body. To the kids coming into my job type I’m older than dirt. Kids these days don’t even know what a punch card and assembler are

A story...The picture with the caption "What's this".......So my wife and I go on a date 46 years ago....We go to the drive in......While we are there I flash my hand across the front of the radio and the channel changes....She says how did you do that? I say Well I had a devise planted in my HS Ring...Watch...and again I flash my hand across the radio and the channel changes...She is amazed...I then show her the button on the floor for the changing the radio......You see this car had two buttons on the floor. One for the high beams and one for the radio....It also had an automatic high beam changer on the dashboard....My first car I drove in...A 1958 Cadillac......

Knew all. Closer to shooting my age. :(:D

I don't call myself old - I prefer mature and experienced.

Geez....another reminder that I am getting a little long in the tooth although there were 2 that I couldn’t recall. #2 and the magnifying glass for phone book, never have seen that one before.

29 but I have a bug for nostalgia and history. So apparently I'm old. Also, salt sucks when mixed with a dimmer switch.

10/10

I’m 28 and I knew what was in every picture. Does that mean I’m old?

What was the price of the first pay phone you used? A dime for me.

I definitely remember needing a dime to make a call.

I’m 28 and I knew what was in every picture. Does that mean I’m old?

Knowing what they are is one thing; actually having used them is something different. I had forgotten about the bright light switch on the floor.

recognizing them means you lived during the best time ever on this planet - the Goldilocks period as recognized by most scholars 1950-2000.

Every damn one. And yes, I have stepped on jacks in bare feet.

I knew all but 1, but don't consider myself old. Now ask my kids the same question and...........well..............nvmd!

I already know I’m old. But there was one item I did not know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah at first I was thinking parking brake, but remembered those were in the middle next to console.
I knew the button to be a horn too

Yes I know all but #2 and 8

I recognized all of those pictures, and know what they were for. I also purchased gas for $0.399 cents a gallon.

So yeah, I guess that makes me kind of old.

Well, naturally I am old since I have used many of these.

What was the price of the first pay phone you used? A dime for me.

You paid when using a pay phone? 😆 Best gift I ever had was a gadget that played the exact sound of a coin going into the pay phone slot. Never paid for a long distance call ever. Was sad when pay phones became dinosaurs.

I saw this in another feed. Great idea for a thread. Based on the criteria, I am ancient, LOL.

Back