Search results for query: *

1. rollin

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

We must all realize the term "expensive" is of course very relative to each person. Im asking cause well...Im actually annoyed my county is up again. weekends....$56 to walk (or 76 to ride) as a resident with the purchased res id. I feel thats a lot. My county does have pretty good courses...
  2. rollin

Once on green to obtain your putting line. Do you squat, bend over, or neither yet simply stand?

I seem to be the rarer and never squat at all and only occasionally bend over. 90% the time (probably even more) I stand. Putting lining for me luckily is the least issue and probably most consistent part (relatively speaking) vs the rest of my game. Oh Im not great at it and certainly have...
  3. rollin

Is it difficult to go on playing knowing you lost something of value or importance?

Someone in another thread posted about the ever popular phone loss on the course. It could be keys or fobs, or other things Ive witnessed like rx eye glasses or valuable sun glasses, Perhaps even a piece of jewelry or even the ever famous club left out there, range finder etc...or whatever...
  4. rollin

how cool/cold when you start dressing like its freezing out?

I mean yesterday it was 62 to 64 degrees and I find it funny how cold people seem to get. Heavy (not light) long pants with long sleeves , vests and jackets and even full winter hats. If ya saw it from inside one would think it was like 34 degrees or something. I happen to like cool weather and...
  5. rollin

Do you play a par71 course on any regular basis, and are you ok with that?

One of my county courses is a 71 due to an extra par 3. I have no issue with it because all the 3's are mid and long sided and its overall a tighter course less receptive to wayward shots. It also has arguably the 3 toughest starting holes and the 4 hardest finishing holes in the county...
  6. rollin

Grips thickness....regular , mid, large ? Or some other

What size grip thickness do you play with. Are they similar on all your clubs or perhaps different on irons vs woods? Did you change size and find helped your game? The clubs feel different for sure imo I use midsize on everything and when I did switch to them it was much more comfy to swing...
  7. rollin

The "thats good" guy who has nothing to do with your game.

Playing with so many strangers or sometimes only a couple strangers in casual golf there are so many times you end up with the "thats good" guy. Like as if he has the authority to dictate when to give you putts your not asking for.. What I will do if im the one at the hole is only ask the...
  8. rollin

Its Aeration time

A lot of the north has done it or is about in the process. My greedy county has not gotten with the most modern equipment. And the result is the same old min 2 to 3 weeks of 2putting and that's if it rains enough. If not it's more like 4
  9. rollin

Ignoring tee box lines that dont align with the target line of the hole

Im sure we've all experienced this. The tee box that sets up in such a way where as so many hit the ball in line with it but its not the direction the hole flows. For this reason alone when i go to ranges I often intentionally turn my matt on an angle so as I try to teach myself how to ignore...
  10. rollin

If you cant talk and swing at the same time...then stop talking and hit the darn ball.

Lol but every so often playing mostly single and paired with tons of different people.....there sometimes is the player who talks and talks but does so while he is suppose to be hitting yet cant do both. I can actually talk to you while Im addressing the ball and even into my swing. Most...
  11. rollin

Can you putt the same with a cheap vs expensive putter? Are top dollar putters really worth it?

I understand putters certainly have their R&D and the tech to go with them. balance, angles feel etc.. But imo outside of the shape , weight and style better suited to your stroke being the most important thing....I feel and somewhat know my putting is the same whether cheaper or expensive...
  12. rollin

Can you recall your entire round in your head (shot by shot)? And keep score without a pencil or card?

Yes I can keep score in my head without writing it down. keeping score ion relation to par just makes it too easy. I can do a good job of recalling 80 to 90% of the round (on most occasions) shot by shot and if i think hard enough. . Not later on but pretty much right after perhaps in my car...
  13. rollin

How undesirable (condition wise) is your courses rough kept? Does it have enough integrity as rough? Has it changed through the years?

I feel that pace of play has caused many courses (at least the public ones Ive experienced) to change a few things about the courses in order to combat pace. One of thoe things is the rough. Firstly Im only guessing measurements but i think you'll all get the gist here. I dont feel there is a...
  14. rollin

Agony of starting rounds with disastrous blowup golf exhausting most all room for error in just first few holes.

I think something mid/high and high cappers can relate to most though I do suppose better players have their version relatively speaking too. So you get to the course looking forward to your round. Rght out of the gate you vomet up a niner on hole one. And then a triple on hole 2. Its like WTF...
  15. rollin

Ever get thoe days where you seem to reside in the bunkers?. And whats most you ever been in one round?

Very often there seems to be one in a given 4some (sometimes it may be myself) where that person is simply in bunkers all day. No matter what even good hits just end up in them. fairway b's and or greenside etc... Ever get those days where bunkers seem to be your primary residence? Just...
  16. rollin

Probably the most broken rule amateur's play (or ignore)

Imo has to be the lost ball stroke and distance penalty (or its newer allowed version of drop in fw with 2stroke penalty). While imo I feel the rule is ridiculous and should be no different than a hazard rule of 1 stroke penalty and drop.....none the less its not what the rule is. That being...
  17. rollin

How high or low do you tee for a 3,4,5 fw wood? also can compare to/discuss your driver tee height

My iother thread got me thinking how low or high do you tee for a fwood. For me I place the tee low. I press in till my finger hits ground so the ball is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch off the ground. But I also am a relatively low driver tee as well. Not that low but lower than majority I see people...
  18. rollin

Your fw woods distance from tee vs from fw...is it different for you?

I tend to use more quiet (for lack of a better term) legs off the deck (less lower body movement) as this helps me from chunking. I hit cleaner more often that way but its bit less power so it does come at a cost of some distance. But the positive outweighs the negative by far. Whats your...
  19. rollin

Rather a hole in one, Or sustain a lower H-cap ? And if you have a HIO, would you trade it?

simple question Before my HOI ever existed (last year) I always said id rather a lower sustained cap. And now after I did get that HIO I would trade it for a lower cap. You can place multi vote. Id guess that many low cappers rather a HIO nor will they trade it and is understandable. But id...
  20. rollin

Little rains + hot mid summer sun = Brown.... How's everyone's courses holding up so far?

I know there are huge drought concerns in places and even such that golf isnt important at all. Good luck to those folks being seriously affected, hope rains will come for you and us all. Sorry if seems insensitive but this is a golf forum and so lets talk courses condition as I often ask...
Back