Search results for query: *

1. glennQNYC

Deal of the Day and Coupon Thread

25% off Callaway and Travis Matthew
  2. glennQNYC

New York International Auto Show 2013

I have press day access to the NYIAS, so I took some pictures while I was there yesterday and posted them online for your perusal… http://tinyurl.com/cxsbhul
  3. glennQNYC

Electronics Pondering

Since I work while I play... I just bought a backup battery for my iPhone so I can still check/send emails on the course. I have enough capacity to use my phone as a rangefinder/scorecard, but if I send too many email or talk on the phone too much I can't make it. I bought Just Mobile's Gum...
  4. glennQNYC

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Since i have a brand new range 2mi from my place that lets me buy time in the stall instead of a number of balls... I have been using the range more for gym/fitness than I ever have before. I always buy 90 minutes ($12 or $15) and since they have the motorized ball feeding system, I usually...
  5. glennQNYC

Posted a (DJ music) Chart on Beatport

Not sure if we have any other DJs out there, but I posted a chart on Beatport. The chart was posted 3/11 and consisted of the 10 Dubstep and house variations I felt were significant and/or interesting as of late. For your pleasure: http://tinyurl.com/cz2jxtn
  6. glennQNYC

First hole of 2013; How did you do?

All new bag, stiff wind, and cold 45* conditions had my tee shot come a club shorter than ideal, but I was on the fairway. The approach shot on 1 needs to stay below the hole, but again I was perfectly on line but a club shorter than intended. Slightly off the green, I "Texas wedged" my putter...
  7. glennQNYC

Storing and Organizing Used Golf Balls

I'm an Ikea hacker but this shouldn't even be considered a hack... I use Ikea's SKUBB closet organizer with the optional drawers (not shown). http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00193386/ I also have a drawer for tees, gloves, and other various accessories.
  8. glennQNYC

Fitting Bay Balls

I am wondering how launch monitor numbers would change when using say V1 or V1x, vs the balls used in a big box store fitting bay. More or less spin? Higher or lower launch?
  9. glennQNYC

FS: 3 Mizuno MP-T11 Black Nickel Wedges (60/56/52)

I’m planning of putting my former wedges up for sale on ebay, but I figured I’d give my fellow Hackers the heads up first… For sale as a set… Thinking $100, but I’ll entertain anything! Estimate shipping from zip code 10605 in a 6”x3”x42”, 7lb box via UPS. If you live in the Metro NY area I...
  10. glennQNYC

Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

While I find the Covert's headcover less than stellar looking, it is interesting that it incorporates a slightly reflective pattern that is difficult to capture with a camera. It reminds me of the reflective panels some running shoes employ.
  11. glennQNYC

PGA Superstore Spotted In NJ

The practice bays are great, but their popularity demands an advanced reservation or plenty of patience to wait for the walk-in bay. It is really awesome to have access to a launch monitor. This technology wasn't available to me until the PGA SS came to town! Some pics:
  12. glennQNYC

Callaway demo day 1/25
  13. glennQNYC

This weekend I noticed there will soon be a PGA Superstore opening on Route 17 South in Paramus NJ (near Route 4). Not sure how they will differentiate themselves from the Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, Dick's, and Sports Authority in the immediate area... But more golf stores can't be bad!
  14. glennQNYC

Equipment Brand Hats- Do You Need The Gear?

Do you find it acceptable to wear a hat/cap with an equipment logo from a brand that is not represented in your bag?
  15. glennQNYC

Tapatalk Goes Universal

The latest Tapatalk app version is now a universal app. Sweet!
  16. glennQNYC

Have you tweaked your adjustable club?

Have you been fitted for your adjustable club? Did you (or your pro) use a launch monitor, or did you just eye it up old-school style? What settings did you find worked best?
  17. glennQNYC

Clicgear 3.0 GPS Mount

New Clicgear 3.0 GPS (iPhone) mount.
  18. glennQNYC

2 Full Swing Grip Questions

Two quick grip questions... Would you please clarify how near the butt of the shaft my hand should be? I usually keep my hand below the imprinted rings (as shown), but I have been accused of choking up. Also- I notice that I do not hold the club with even tension across my fingers. I'm...
  19. glennQNYC

First Day 2011

First day out in 2011 today. :bananadance: Weather was high 50’s, 12-16mph wind +gusts. Half-jokingly, I planned for lingering snow by gaming yellow :bridgestone: e6 balls today. So great to get back out. (click on the thumbnails for larger size images) Beaver Brook, Annandale NJ Hole 7...
  20. glennQNYC

White Clicgear 3.0 Now Available In North America

Clicgear is now importing the white version of their 3.0 push cart. Sexy! White along with pink and kiwi are now available in North America as limited editions.
Back